Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

I don't get it. Why are some of these so rare? What finally triggered my anger about this is the fact that I can't find a Toad amiibo anywhere for a non-scalper price. These just came out.

They know these things are super hot right now, so why are they making so few of them? I'm not a business man, but I think if I'm producing something that is highly in demand, that I should make an effort to get as many out there as possible. Why are they doing the exact opposite?

The lady at Toys R Us said she only got two for the whole store. Two. The four other places I checked were simply sold out.

I guess I just came here to vent a little bit, and see if there's any other people out there as confused with Nintendo's strategy on this. I'm not impressed. This makes Nintendo look incapable of taking any risk whatsoever. To me, this is another strong sign that they are slowly but surely going under. Because I can't think of any other reason they'd be doing this the way they are.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

There was a shipping strike and much of the stock was stuck in gridlock during the dispute. Have patience young padawan.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Conjuration said:

I don't get it. Why are some of these so rare? What finally triggered my anger about this is the fact that I can't find a Toad amiibo anywhere for a non-scalper price. These just came out.

They know these things are super hot right now, so why are they making so few of them? I'm not a business man, but I think if I'm producing something that is highly in demand, that I should make an effort to get as many out there as possible. Why are they doing the exact opposite?

The lady at Toys R Us said she only got two for the whole store. Two. The four other places I checked were simply sold out.

I guess I just came here to vent a little bit, and see if there's any other people out there as confused with Nintendo's strategy on this. I'm not impressed. This makes Nintendo look incapable of taking any risk whatsoever. To me, this is another strong sign that they are slowly but surely going under. Because I can't think of any other reason they'd be doing this the way they are.

I'm sorry to hear about your Toad troubles. I was afraid I'd have troubles myself. Eventually just like Marth, there will be other amiibos that will have second runs. I'm actually thinking that Nintendo needs to make an amiibo site that will ship out Amiibos instead of retailers.

This would hurt their relationship with vendors though. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does vendor deals to keep shelf space in their shops. Either that or Nintendo should release the amiibos as cards just so people who can't get the figurines can still get the functionality of the figurines.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nintendo is a money grubbing company that creates artificial shortages so they'll be popular.

The company no longer has any viable ideas to make money so this is how they get attention.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Toad was easy if you got within the first few days, but he is hard now. I bought two and the store had 8 when i was there.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Nintendo is a money grubbing company that creates artificial shortages so they'll be popular.

The company no longer has any viable ideas to make money so this is how they get attention.

Bingo. If you are upset about not getting to waste money, then just inhale... and exhale.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@doozie78 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Bingo. If you are upset about not getting to waste money, then just inhale... and exhale.

That isn't necessarily true. They aren't keeping up with an ounce of demand. They make what will move.

I literally just saw most of them earlier today. No idea who is rare--and said this in another thread--but all the major characters were there. All the mario characters. All the DK characters. All the Zelda characters. Kirby. Etc.....

People buy them but I believe that retailers are beginning to not list them online.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iandizion713

@bunchanumbers: Did you make that Captain Toad Amiibo buncha? Its look pretty sweet.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

There are tons of Toad amiibos here in Australia though.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iandizion713

@PsychoLemons: We want them NVL ones though, they have a stamp on the bottom. We know we can buy the other regions cheap, but we want the rare NA ones.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PsychoLemons

@iandizion713: NVL?

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I feel this way about the collectors edition Transformers, although I can usually find them but...the prices, wtf?

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

On other boards their criticized for software drought, on this board they're exploitative... No one can figure out Nintendo and everyone just guesses...

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iandizion713

@PsychoLemons: Its the stamp on bottom of NA Amiibos. Stamp is NVL-001. That way you can tell which region its from.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PsychoLemons

@iandizion713: Oh, okay. But I thought anyone would want them even if it was from another region.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Nintendo sucks with these retail store exclusives, and the retailers suck for putting them up for pre-order at terrible times. Target with Rosalina at 3am in the fucking morning, now Greninja at TRU at 3am as well. Gamestop's whole company crashed. I was fortunate enough to get all 6 pre-ordered at Gamestop since I was the first one there. What a fucking nightmare though.

Now I'm probably gonna have to trade some of my extras for a Greninja and/or Jigglypuff.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaysonguy

@so_hai said:

@Jaysonguy said:

On other boards their criticized for software drought, on this board they're exploitative... No one can figure out Nintendo and everyone just guesses...

They're a bad company and no one wants their stuff anymore so they make artificial shortages to pretend there's demand for their stuff.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bunchanumbers

@Jaysonguy said:

@so_hai said:

@Jaysonguy said:

They're a bad company and no one wants their stuff anymore so they make artificial shortages to pretend there's demand for their stuff.

But you buy those things.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iandizion713

@PsychoLemons: Yeah, a bunch still do want them. They may not be worth as much as the NA ones, but they are still worth a good bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@iandizion713: All Amiibos have that NVL-001 stamp. My German Villager, Italian Lucario, EU Rosalina, all my NA ones. There is literally no difference between these besides packaging.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iandizion713

@darkspineslayer: Dang, i thought the NVL was for NA, thats actually awesome to know, cause i open all mine, even the rare ones.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

I think since this image, i've only actually added Lucario from Smash series, and a Luigi and Peach from the SMB series.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iandizion713

@darkspineslayer: Nice, your almost all complete. Im wondering if theyll make the second runs NVL-002? That number has to be for something im guessing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

@iandizion713: Oh, I have no intention of going complete. Not unless they're gonna give things like WFT and Meta Knight a second run. I just grab the ones I can find for a relatively reasonable price and that I like.

Peach is only a SMB series run because I like the pose a lot better.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

@yokofox33:

I was first in line at GameStop and was the only person to get all 6 with the bundle. Robin and Lucina were gone by the time the second in line was up. It took an hour to finally get my order in and a half an hour for the second guy. By the third person Ness and either Wario or Pac-Man were the only ones left but only for a couple more orders. The splatoon pack and separates lasted a while though. I missed out on jigglypuff and greninja though.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iandizion713

@cheesie253: Same with me, i bought the Splatoon pack and the Six pack, i was third in line, but i missed out on Jigglypuff and Greninja. I think the stores kinda screwed people over. Not sure why Target waited till the last sec to tell anyone, and Toys R Us cheated and released way to early. And im not even sure how Bestbuy did theirs, maybe they only told their members or something cause i didnt know of them.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iandizion713

@PsychoLemons:

I was wrong on the bottom of the figure being different, when Amiibos are opened it seems their is no difference between them. Your advice of buying the other regions is good and will come in handy to me since i open all mine. Thanks, just wanted to let you know since @darkspineslayer verified it.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

@iandizion713:

Yeah, TRU selling early was aggravating. Went to "bed" to be up to try and get one and they went on sale 15 minutes after I left the computer to take a quick nap. Been working all day on almost no sleep. Oh well.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#29  Edited By SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bunchanumbers

@iandizion713 said:

@bunchanumbers: Did you make that Captain Toad Amiibo buncha? Its look pretty sweet.

No I did not. My Toad is safely sealed until judgement day. This was a fan made one. He just looked so good I had to give props.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Since I first start collecting action figures decades ago there has always been a figure (or two or three) that was always short packed and this went w/o saying for lines that were super popular and even once fading out. It doesn't do as much to keep your interest as it does pissing you off.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Well, I've worked out a trade for Greninja. Will be trading my extra Pit for him. Still looking to either get my hands on Jigglypuff or trade another extra I have for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

It's funny when people think Nintendo is part of the illuminati.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jaysonguy

@haziqagha said:

@Jaysonguy said:

It's funny when people think Nintendo is part of the illuminati.

That's nothing what I said.

They're a cell phone company now that doesn't have any ideas that impact the home gaming world so they do stunts like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

That's nothing what I said.

They're a cell phone company now that doesn't have any ideas that impact the home gaming world so they do stunts like this.

They're a toy company.

Amiibos are toys.