Tvii out tomorrow, fix for slow OS out before end of year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8601 posts) -
Awesome news at http://mynintendonews.com/ says they hope to have slow OS fixed by end of year and wii tvii will be out in us on 20th
#2 Posted by SolidTy (45952 posts) -

That's a bad link, here's a better one from the same source (although it is suspect as it has no Sited Information and is using an older conference that we saw awhile back as reference). Did you write this?

I can verify by other sites that Tvii will be out tomorrow though.

Regarding the OS part of that source : Hopefully it's not just a tiny increase in speed for the Wii U OS. I want the Wii U menu screen dancing at my fingertips.

Of course, this site and link aren't really providing me with much confidence. The 'Slow OS update' should have better or any sited information. We'll see if better and more reputable Slow OS update links are placed in this thread later on.

#3 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

How will I be able to access Wii TVii? Will it be through a system update or will it be a downlaodable application from the eShop?

#4 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8601 posts) -
Sorry with crappy link, posting from phone. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mobileweb/2012/12/19/nintendos-satoru-iwata-satoru-wii-u_n_2330746.html
#5 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -
I have no problem with the Slow OS, I just want it to stop freezing so much. That wasn't happening to me but now it is getting more and more frequent :(
#6 Posted by nyc05 (10184 posts) -

Just read about this before coming here. Great news. I look forward to trying it out.

#7 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -
I have no problem with the Slow OS, I just want it to stop freezing so much. That wasn't happening to me but now it is getting more and more frequent :(enrique_marrodz
You have no problem with the slow os? Really? I love the Wii U but this is 2012, this is probably the slowest loading system I have ever played and I've been playing games since the NES. They need to make fixing the slow os their number one priority.
#8 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Thank god they're fixing the slow OS, that's really driving me pretty nuts every time I try to access miiverse from a game and it takes damn near 30 seconds to get there...

Also, yay TVii.

#9 Posted by KBFloYd (14846 posts) -

I have no problem with the Slow OS, I just want it to stop freezing so much. That wasn't happening to me but now it is getting more and more frequent :(enrique_marrodz

sorry to hear of your freezing issues...

mine has frozen 3 times since launch.... 2 times was black ops2...1 time while i was accessing the settings menu...

#10 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4959 posts) -

That's a bad link, here's a better one from the same source (although it is suspect as it has no Sited Information and is using an older conference that we saw awhile back as reference). Did you write this?

Regarding the OS part of that source : Hopefully it's not just a tiny increase in speed for the Wii U OS. I want the Wii U menu screen dancing at my fingertips.

Of course, this site and link aren't really providing me with much confidence. The 'Slow OS update' should have better or any sited information. We'll see if better and more reputable Slow OS update links are placed in this thread later on.

SolidTy
I believe the slow OS update information stems from a recent Dragon Quest X themed Nintendo Direct, at least that's where I think MyNintendoNews got their info
#11 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -

How will I be able to access Wii TVii? Will it be through a system update or will it be a downlaodable application from the eShop?

Euaggelistes
Well the icon is already on the Wii U menu so it's probably not an eShop download. My guess is that it's either a system update, or like Netflix where you have to click on it and then it updates. I guess it's possible the app already is installed too and it just gets activated tomorrow. I guess we'll find out.
#12 Posted by yokofox33 (30366 posts) -

I'm quite interested to see how Tvii turns out. It looked really neat from the launch announcement some months back.

#13 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Good to know a fix is coming, though it was pretty obvious one would. Building a new infrastructure doesn't happen overnight. The core audience reaction to the OS and updates has been puzzling.
#14 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -
Is it out?
#15 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -
[QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"]I have no problem with the Slow OS, I just want it to stop freezing so much. That wasn't happening to me but now it is getting more and more frequent :(illmatic8582
You have no problem with the slow os? Really? I love the Wii U but this is 2012, this is probably the slowest loading system I have ever played and I've been playing games since the NES. They need to make fixing the slow os their number one priority.

No, I really have no issues as the OS delays are actually very short for me. I usually just turn on the Wii U, play whatever game I want to, access Miiverse or the web browser from within the game itself But freezing is another story. I hadn't problems with that previously but now it happens a lot when using Miiverse for long periods or even while some games are launching
#16 Posted by Epak_ (7051 posts) -

We have netflix already, are you guys really looking forward to Tvii?

#17 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -

SolidTy

They are citing the latest Nintendo Direct (released yesterday) from what I hear. I do not know Japanese very well enough to translate what Iwata is saying, so... I would love to see a transcript of this, but many sites said it's been acknowledged and there's a work going on. Either way, it's nice to at least hear them say they are working on it. If it comes by the end of this year, great! I too want the OS to dance at my finger tips, but I am also excited to try out Nintendo TVii today. :D

#18 Posted by nini200 (10542 posts) -
TVii still is saying it's coming in december on my Gamepad.
#19 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

TVii still is saying it's coming in december on my Gamepad.nini200

It's available in North America and Japan. If you aren't in those regions, you're out of luck.

Also the update patch was incorrectly translated. Iwata didn't specifically say an update was coming; rather just said that they're aware of the issue and working on it.

#20 Posted by SolidTy (45952 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

yoshi_64

They are citing the latest Nintendo Direct (released yesterday) from what I hear. I do not know Japanese very well enough to translate what Iwata is saying, so... I would love to see a transcript of this, but many sites said it's been acknowledged and there's a work going on. Either way, it's nice to at least hear them say they are working on it. If it comes by the end of this year, great! I too want the OS to dance at my finger tips, but I am also excited to try out Nintendo TVii today. :D

And there's that link I was talking about being dropped off later on, thanks for that. :P It's a shame it's all in Japanese, we'll have to just assume what we've heard is on the up and up.

#21 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

OS isn't that slow....

#22 Posted by Jaysonguy (38099 posts) -

OS isn't that slow....

Vickman178

It takes minutes for some people to go between programs, that's dreadful

Also right now Tvii is garbage, it's too slow