Trouble Connecting online.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

Im having some trouble connecting my Wii online. I got the error code 51040, and i went to the forums and found the error code website but the site is down or something and i don't know where to go now.

Does anyone know what to do with this error number?

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
Whats the connection using nintendoUSB adapter what kind?
smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 smashed_pinata

im using the Nintendo WiFi USb connector and i cant connect with it, i get a 51040 error code message when i try and test the connection.

Please does someone know what to do? I went to the error code site and it does NOT work.

black_steel_4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 black_steel_4u
Member since 2006 • 904 Posts

yeah i get the same problem i use the wifi usb the best thing to do is turn off your fire wall and all that junk and install itand. well mine stops every time i turn off my computer. it sucks i need a roter and so do u

ps:do you have panda anti virus thats wat i have. i think panda dosnt like nintendo wifi

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smashed_pinata

well it works for my DS , just i get the stupid 51040 error code when i try to connect with my Wii.

Damn this is annoying, they need to make connecting simpler.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
The simplest connection for the Wii for the non tech savy person is the Wii Lan Adapter you really cant go wrong with it as long as your connection is up and running.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Error Code: #51040 Specific Error Code Not Found - General Troubleshooting Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.

Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

The simplest connection for the Wii for the non tech savy person is the Wii Lan Adapter you really cant go wrong with it as long as your connection is up and running.Sepewrath

where do u get it?

EVIL_C44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EVIL_C44
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]The simplest connection for the Wii for the non tech savy person is the Wii Lan Adapter you really cant go wrong with it as long as your connection is up and running.RamboSymbiot

where do u get it?

At NIntendo's online store on their website, or you may be able to find a 3rd party one at stores like BestBuy, Walmart, etc... I saw one yesterday while browsing the Wii games at my local BestBuy.

arcelice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 arcelice
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts

well it works for my DS , just i get the stupid 51040 error code when i try to connect with my Wii.

Damn this is annoying, they need to make connecting simpler.

smashed_pinata
i have the complete opposite. I can get access to my online network in my house with my Wii, but not with my DS.