Toys R Us Black Friday Deal for Wii U games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

optimal_saint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 optimal_saint
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

good deal.

Starts Thanksgiving Day at 8pm.

Buy 1 Wii U game get the 2nd for 40% off (essentially buy 3 games get 1 free)

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Their ad this week says wiiu games go on sale Tuesday. 10 off 1 or 30 off 2
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Did they already take pre-orders for the WiiU? Or were they never doing that and only selling them come launch? On their site it says "check back soon to pre-order".

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Did they already take pre-orders for the WiiU? Or were they never doing that and only selling them come launch? On their site it says "check back soon to pre-order".

NaveedLife

Already did it.

optimal_saint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 optimal_saint
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

The Toys R Us deal is great.

The problem is I don't want to wait until Thanksgiving weekend to play the games.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how morally shaky is this?

I buy 3 Wii U games form Toys R Us at full price on Nov 18th. I play them and have a great time

On Black Friday I go back to Toys R Us and buy the same 3 games plus the one free game with the 40% deal

A week after that I take the 3 unopened Black Friday games plus the Nov 18th receipt back to Toys R Us return them and get my money back

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy

The problem is I don't want to wait until Thanksgiving weekend to play the games.

I buy 3 Wii U games form Toys R Us at full price on Nov 18th. I play them and have a great time

On Black Friday I go back to Toys R Us and buy the same 3 games plus the one free game with the 40% deal

A week after that I take the 3 unopened Black Friday games plus the Nov 18th receipt back to Toys R Us return them and get my money back

optimal_saint

There's nothing wrong at all

You're not making any money, you're not defrauding anyone, you're essentially getting a price match.

Don't wait the week, buy the games, go right back in and return them on your first slip.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

optimal_saint

Bringing back games you purchased on the 23rd with a receipt for games that you purchased on the 18th is deceptive. Deception is morally wrong.If you cannot wait until the 23rd to purchase your games I would advise dealing with full retail price. A clean conscience is worth a lot more than a few dollars.

Full disclosure: I am a reformed Christian.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

optimal_saint

you do know you get store credit right? or do they give you cash back

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="optimal_saint"]

Euaggelistes

Bringing back games you purchased on the 23rd with a receipt for games that you purchased on the 18th is deceptive. Deception is morally wrong.If you cannot wait until the 23rd to purchase your games I would advise dealing with full retail price. A clean conscience is worth a lot more than a few dollars.

Full disclosure: I am a reformed Christian.

It's not deceptive

Full disclosure: Me and Christ are tight