Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Killua_Zoldyck
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

There's not much in the horizon that I NEED to play. The thing is, I only really play Smash on my Wii U. I was thinking of selling it because, well, that digital event brought nothing of interest for the Wii U, imo.

Two things:

1) How much should I sell it for? I have a Pro Controller, Smash, Mario Kart 8, Black Ops 2, Bayonetta 2, and Tropical Freeze.

2) I was considering selling it for a PS4, which seems to have a far brighter future. For those who have/had both, is that smart?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

With everything you have, probably $300 or so. The machine has a hard time selling brand new. Unless you can sell it to someone you know, you're in for a challenge. You could take it to a local store or Gamestop and see how much they'll give you for everything, but don't expect much at all with that method.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: you're better off selling each of the games individually. You could probably get 30 or 40 for each game (besides black ops) on eBay. Trust me. At the very least, try Craigslist if you're too lazy to make an eBay and PayPal account before you give it all to gamestop for next to nothing.

The console itself though...maybe 150. If you're lucky.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Killua_Zoldyck
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

@jcrame10: So eBay is the better option then, it seems.

Is selling it with the games really that bad of an idea? I was going to sell it all for about $250 or $300. I've seen people sell the U with some games for a decent price on eBay.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: I'm telling you you'll get a good 200 out of the games alone. Don't let it all go for 250.

agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts

I don't think you'll get quite $200 for the games alone, but you will get darn close. By the time you sell the games and the pro controller, you'll get to $200+ though. And then you sell the system for $150-175. Not bad.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I can get pretty much what you are selling for 300 US here in Mexico at MercadoLibre ( e-bay for Latin America ) , just saw the ad today.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

You could sell it for a good bit mate, Nintendo is the best in the industry for holding value, shoot, a lot of Nintendo games go up in value, my collections are worth so much its scary. Put the console on Craigslist for under $200 and it will sell no problem. Nintendo sells them used for $200, so i would try and get around there.

No good in you being unhappy, if you dont care for Nintendo games then it might be best for you to find something you enjoy more. Nintendo wont change mate, they have been this way since N64, but thats why some of us love them so much ;)

Nintendo is dedication.

JPala84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JPala84
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts

The Wii U WILL hold its resale value, it didn't sell tens of millions like the Wii. If you still use it I would keep it (Always a chance a game comes out that you want but you sold the system and now you're thinking about buying it again). Hell, you might even get more for it in the future.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

@killua_zoldyck said:

There's not much in the horizon that I NEED to play. The thing is, I only really play Smash on my Wii U. I was thinking of selling it because, well, that digital event brought nothing of interest for the Wii U, imo.

Two things:

1) How much should I sell it for? I have a Pro Controller, Smash, Mario Kart 8, Black Ops 2, Bayonetta 2, and Tropical Freeze.

2) I was considering selling it for a PS4, which seems to have a far brighter future. For those who have/had both, is that smart?

1.) Others mentioned $300 and I think that sounds like a fair price.

2.) I don't have a PS4 yet but I will be getting one by the end of the month or next month. Plan on keeping the Wii U because I'm a huge Nintendo fan then get a PS4 for all the good games I'm interested in like Dishonored and Kingdom Hearts 3. Win/win situation. But if you really don't plan on using the Wii U, go ahead and sell it. I personally would never sell a console or handheld in order to purchase another one unless it's an upgrade.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Don't sell it. There's still some great games coming out this year. Rodea the Sky Soldier. Devil's Third. Mario Maker. Xenoblade. Woolly World. Starfox Zero. Don't do it man. You'll regret it later.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Kenny789 said:
@killua_zoldyck said:

Two things:

1.) Others mentioned $300 and I think that sounds like a fair price.

2.) I don't have a PS4 yet but I will be getting one by the end of the month or next month. Plan on keeping the Wii U because I'm a huge Nintendo fan then get a PS4 for all the good games I'm interested in like Dishonored and Kingdom Hearts 3. Win/win situation. But if you really don't plan on using the Wii U, go ahead and sell it. I personally would never sell a console or handheld in order to purchase another one unless it's an upgrade.

One lesson I learned as a gamer: NEVER sell a console or handheld or my games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Well TC it all depends (I know people are rather tired of this point but it really is true).

It is ONLY worth selling the Wii U for a PS4 if you don't have a PC, if you do, it is a really bad idea. But if you do not have a pc, it is not a bad idea all considerd.

I am one of those who rarely sell a console, learned from some past mistakes, but overall I understand such an action if Money is needed. And if it is the only thing you have to play on the PS4 is not a bad machine.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I say keep it and buy Splatoon. Its a fun game. I used to play MK8 online all the time but now that I got Splatoon most of my library is neglected for it. Love the game.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By gopre
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: Regret will also be there if Zelda Wii U is announced as a Wii U only game. Many are beginning to wonder if it'll be on the Wii U and NX, but if it's not there will be a sense of regret. Even though it was a practical "no comment" E3 for Zelda, it's still something to be excited for. Plus, if it is to be a released on the Wii U and NX, you won't have to buy an expensive, new to the market NX. Saves you money.

And as bunchanumbers said, go after Splatoon. Have heard many good things about it. There are guaranteed games to look forward to in the very near future.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

Wait until Zelda first lol

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Don't sell it. There's still some great games coming out this year. Rodea the Sky Soldier. Devil's Third. Mario Maker. Xenoblade. Woolly World. Starfox Zero. Don't do it man. You'll regret it later.

lol dont even try. let the idiot sell his wiiU.

HAHA

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

Sell it private party on ebay get 400 to 500 for it. If you take it into gamestop they'll give you a dollar. If you sell on Craigslist pick a public area to meet at.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

for me it was a huge waste too, I guess Fatal Frame Wii U is coming to the US? so aside from that I only have Xenoblade Chronicles X to look forward to. I'd sell mine too but it's not worth the trouble. I might find a Gamestop and just dump it off for a huge loss then get another Pioneer Blu-ray burner for my Mac.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: I was just in the exact same boat, I had the Wii U with Wind Waker, Bayonetta, and Hyrule Warriors, ended up selling it all to gamestop for 250 and got a ps4 with Last of Us and Bloodbourne, then bought Destiny, Final Fantasy Type 0, and Dead or Alive 5.

Man its worth it I am having way more fun with the PS4, it's a nicer console, and has way more games I want to play

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

Remember you'll miss out on Xenoblade X and Zelda U. I'm guessing those'll both be pretty special.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Im keeping hold of mine for super mario maker and eventually zelda. I havnt bought a game for it since smash launched and I barely play it though. If you need the money from selling it for a ps4 then id say do it, theres alot more coming for that system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

Well, assuming that there might be trade-in deals down the road, I will keeping my Wii U until then.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

star fox, zelda, smash, splatoon, mario kart 8, super mario 3d world, and a new metroid, what more do you need? a new metroid and zelda are coming, just wait. in the mean time star fox will be out first

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

Even if there were no more games coming out for WiiU I'd still keep it for smash bros.. pretty much infinite replay value haha if you enjoy it anyway. No two matches are ever the same for me.

Yeah if you sell it don't go to gamestop or pawn shops because you'll be selling it at a massive loss and getting no where near the value of the console is supposed to be if you sell it used. If you want to sell it for very close to its max used value auction it on ebay or sell it to someone on craigslist, but remember to meet in public locations during the daytime for craiglist sales, people have been murdered over video game consoles sadly.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Consider this.. with the Wii U's inevitable fall into obscurity; you may have some rare titles on your hands in the upcoming years.

Call me crazy but if you ever wanted to go back and game on it, you'd probably have to pay more than the game's are worth.