Theathrythm: Final Fantasy or Rythm Thief?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Well people, last time I said that I would get 2 games (Kid Icarus and MK7) and both are awesome (KI gets the spot for the favorite one :) ) Thnx by the way for your help. Now I need my rythm fix, so I would like to know which one of those is better in the genre.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I haven't played Rythm Thief, but I think for this question it doesn't really matter. I think the choice depends entirely on how much you like Final Fantasy music.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts
Judging by the demos of both games, Theatrythm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rythm Thief.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

I haven't played Rythm Thief, but I think for this question it doesn't really matter. I think the choice depends entirely on how much you like Final Fantasy music.

nintendofreak_2
I don't like FF music. I don't think it's terrible, but it's nothing special. Doesn't make the game less fun, though! Same with Elite Beat Agents. There was like 2 songs in that game that I could call "good", but I absolutely loved the game.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
For "nostalgia" purposes , I only finished IV and VI , only got halfway through V, does that count for something?
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Thearhythm is pretty good and I have yet to try Rhythm Thief..because I can't find it! Can anyone explain to me why that is? Both my local EBGames/Gamestop said they never had that game stocked in their stores. I live in Ontario Canada so I'm not sure why it's not distributed around here. I may order online soon.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I don't like FF music. I don't think it's terrible, but it's nothing special. Doesn't make the game less fun, though! Same with Elite Beat Agents. There was like 2 songs in that game that I could call "good", but I absolutely loved the game.Litchie
I think the only reason I was able to play Theatrythm was because I like FF music. I'm not really a rythm game fan though. I got into Guitar Hero, but again that had more to do with me liking different music choices.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
For "nostalgia" purposes , I only finished IV and VI , only got halfway through V, does that count for something?King_Dodongo
I played through 6, 7, 10, and a little of 1, but I still got some good enjoyment out of Theatrhythm. The soundtrack is solid no matter how much prior exposure you've had to the FF series. I will say that it's a bit of pain to unlock all the songs, though.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I never played a FF game so....

But, i really enjoy Rythm Thief...its a lot of fun. Sega is really good at these off beat games.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I feel like I have put some good time into Theatrhythm. I have beat I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, XI, and XIII. I have beat about 15 of the dark notes and even seen the end credits. I cannot really say how I "beat " the game, but I did. lol... I think it was because I beat I on Ultimate series.

shmuklidooha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 shmuklidooha
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts
I'd say bypass the two of them and go for Beat the Beat / Rhythm Heaven.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I feel like I have put some good time into Theatrhythm. I have beat I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, XI, and XIII. I have beat about 15 of the dark notes and even seen the end credits. I cannot really say how I "beat " the game, but I did. lol... I think it was because I beat I on Ultimate series.

Arthas045

Technically you beat the game when you gather 10,000 Rhythmia and defeat Chaos. That is when the credits roll.