Theathrythm: Final Fantasy or Rythm Thief?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by King_Dodongo (3399 posts) -
Well people, last time I said that I would get 2 games (Kid Icarus and MK7) and both are awesome (KI gets the spot for the favorite one :) ) Thnx by the way for your help. Now I need my rythm fix, so I would like to know which one of those is better in the genre.
#2 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

I haven't played Rythm Thief, but I think for this question it doesn't really matter. I think the choice depends entirely on how much you like Final Fantasy music.

#3 Posted by Litchie (16768 posts) -
Judging by the demos of both games, Theatrythm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rythm Thief.
#4 Posted by Litchie (16768 posts) -

I haven't played Rythm Thief, but I think for this question it doesn't really matter. I think the choice depends entirely on how much you like Final Fantasy music.

nintendofreak_2
I don't like FF music. I don't think it's terrible, but it's nothing special. Doesn't make the game less fun, though! Same with Elite Beat Agents. There was like 2 songs in that game that I could call "good", but I absolutely loved the game.
#5 Posted by King_Dodongo (3399 posts) -
For "nostalgia" purposes , I only finished IV and VI , only got halfway through V, does that count for something?
#6 Posted by thetravman (3546 posts) -

Thearhythm is pretty good and I have yet to try Rhythm Thief..because I can't find it! Can anyone explain to me why that is? Both my local EBGames/Gamestop said they never had that game stocked in their stores. I live in Ontario Canada so I'm not sure why it's not distributed around here. I may order online soon.

#7 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

I don't like FF music. I don't think it's terrible, but it's nothing special. Doesn't make the game less fun, though! Same with Elite Beat Agents. There was like 2 songs in that game that I could call "good", but I absolutely loved the game.Litchie
I think the only reason I was able to play Theatrythm was because I like FF music. I'm not really a rythm game fan though. I got into Guitar Hero, but again that had more to do with me liking different music choices.

#8 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
For "nostalgia" purposes , I only finished IV and VI , only got halfway through V, does that count for something?King_Dodongo
I played through 6, 7, 10, and a little of 1, but I still got some good enjoyment out of Theatrhythm. The soundtrack is solid no matter how much prior exposure you've had to the FF series. I will say that it's a bit of pain to unlock all the songs, though.
#9 Posted by Videodogg (12609 posts) -

I never played a FF game so....

But, i really enjoy Rythm Thief...its a lot of fun. Sega is really good at these off beat games.

#10 Posted by Arthas045 (5573 posts) -

I feel like I have put some good time into Theatrhythm. I have beat I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, XI, and XIII. I have beat about 15 of the dark notes and even seen the end credits. I cannot really say how I "beat " the game, but I did. lol... I think it was because I beat I on Ultimate series.

#11 Posted by shmuklidooha (47 posts) -
I'd say bypass the two of them and go for Beat the Beat / Rhythm Heaven.
#12 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

I feel like I have put some good time into Theatrhythm. I have beat I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, XI, and XIII. I have beat about 15 of the dark notes and even seen the end credits. I cannot really say how I "beat " the game, but I did. lol... I think it was because I beat I on Ultimate series.

Arthas045

Technically you beat the game when you gather 10,000 Rhythmia and defeat Chaos. That is when the credits roll.