The Wii U is not underpowered (READ)

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

asl2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 asl2006
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

^ too bad the screen is not HD, meaning it cannot rightfully replace a TV screen...

ronvalencia

Do you prefer a higher priced console?

Haters will hate. . .

EastMagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 EastMagi
Member since 2012 • 141 Posts
when there is a game on the wii u which looks like it cant be done on the hd twins...then ill believe youcampzor
Yes there is....it's called Zombiu. The HD twins can't scan game environment the same way that Wii U can with its gamepad.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]when there is a game on the wii u which looks like it cant be done on the hd twins...then ill believe youEastMagi
Yes there is....it's called Zombiu. The HD twins can't scan game environment the same way that Wii U can with its gamepad.

i said "looks"
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Wtf language are y'all speaking :( CAN IT DO TEH FOLIAGE OR NOT??

ronvalencia

For the most part it can basing off the info these two fine gents showed us.

The thing is it can't do straight up great performance though. It will have to use everything it has to make for some great stuff. This isn't that bad but as I said before it will need optimization for the most part for many things that will come out later on.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-wii-u-is-the-green-console

Wii U has superior performance per watt characteristics.

Makes sense. We have heard that its power consumption is low and the system is fairly efficient with it. I'm just saying that since the CPU isn't the greatest, it will have to probably do a ton of work off the GPU which is pretty much what you both said. The power consumption and overall wattage in general hints at a not incredibly powerful system for this day and age, but it should still be okay.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#105 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

Anyone with half a brain knows the Wii U is going to put out some really amazing looking games down the road... And who gives a f*ck how it compares to this gen's other systems or the next?

Bigboi500

There better be a lot of amazing looking upcoming Wii U games, especially after so many awful looking games came out for the Wii. I know that obviously not all Wii games look bad (the first party games actually look great). The other big name devs and publishers made some very impressive looking games too. I just hope there is a lot more consistancy with the visual quality of the Wii U.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Anyone with half a brain knows the Wii U is going to put out some really amazing looking games down the road... And who gives a f*ck how it compares to this gen's other systems or the next?

Comduter

There better be a lot of amazing looking upcoming Wii U games, especially after so many awful looking games came out for the Wii. I know that obviously not all Wii games look bad (the first party games actually look great). The other big name devs and publishers made some very impressive looking games too. I just hope there is a lot more consistancy with the visual quality of the Wii U.

You can search in youtube for 7550M or 7570M.

Based on Wii U's GPU die size, Wii U could be using AMD Redwood or AMD Turks GPU.

AMD Turks GPU with 64bit DDR3 memory config is 7550M and 7570M..

AMD Turks also powers Radeon E6760.