The stranded wii points

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

As there is no longer a recommendations thread, I'm gonna make an annoying "which game should I get" thread! You know, so the talk is not only about Wii U! (wii u owners are still welcome on "wii mode").

Well, I'll try to make it the less annoying possible. :P

I bought some songs on Guitar Hero, and I have 1200 wii points left. What do you think I should get?

I was thinking in these games: (no particular order)

*ActRaiser (VC - SNES)

*The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (VC - SNES)

*Magnetica Twist (wiiware)

*Paper Mario (VC - N64).

*Pokémon Puzzle League (VC - N64)

*Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (VC - SNES)

*U-four-ia: The Saga (VC - NES)

*More GH songs? :P

I'm open to other suggestions as well! (either VC or wiiware).

#2 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
Easily Paper Mario.
#3 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Link to the Past.

Totally forgot about being able to buy tracks on Guitar Hero and Rock Band, that would help me get rid of those stupid 200 points I have left!

#4 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

TLoZ ALttP.

So easy.

#5 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -

Those are all good choices. A Link to the Past is my favorite game and Paper Mario is one of them so you should get one of those and use the rest for songs.

#6 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
My fear with Paper Mario is that myabe I have been spoiled by the overall greatness of TTYD. How's the N64 Paper Mario in terms of graphics and music? Has it aged well?
#7 Posted by rubber-chicken (2066 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rod90"]My fear with Paper Mario is that myabe I have been spoiled by the overall greatness of TTYD. How's the N64 Paper Mario in terms of graphics and music? Has it aged well?

For an N64 game it looks pretty nice, and while I enjoyed TTYD more, it was still a fantastic game, one of my favorite N64 games.
#8 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -
[QUOTE="rubber-chicken"][QUOTE="Rod90"]My fear with Paper Mario is that myabe I have been spoiled by the overall greatness of TTYD. How's the N64 Paper Mario in terms of graphics and music? Has it aged well?

For an N64 game it looks pretty nice, and while I enjoyed TTYD more, it was still a fantastic game, one of my favorite N64 games.

This is true. It actually looks like a lower resolution TTYD and while it isn't as good as the Gamecube game it's pretty close and really funny.
#9 Posted by Los9090 (7288 posts) -

Those are all good choices. A Link to the Past is my favorite game and Paper Mario is one of them so you should get one of those and use the rest for songs.

AlmightyDerek
Surprised that Rod90 hasn't played Link to the Past. Or have you?!
#10 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

Los9090

Nope, never. ALTTP and Oracle of Ages/Seasons are the only Zelda games I don't own.
#11 Posted by Heirren (19348 posts) -
[QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

Rod90

Nope, never. ALTTP and Oracle of Ages/Seasons are the only Zelda games I don't own.

What about Mario RPG? Mario RPG is better than Paper Mario, IMO.
#12 Posted by Los9090 (7288 posts) -
[QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

Rod90

You''re missing out!
#13 Posted by rubber-chicken (2066 posts) -
So wait, you can get music with your points now??

AlmightyDerek
Wait, songs? What do you mean?
#15 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -
So wait, you can get music with your points now?? [QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

rubber-chicken
Wait, songs? What do you mean?

Guitar Hero or Rock Band songs like he mentioned in his regular post. They are 200 points each and are good for finishing off stranded points.
#16 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -

I actually liked Paper Mario better than its sequel. I found the storyline a bit more interesting and loved seeing Twink and Princess Peach help mario from afar. I also seemed to have liked most of the partners better...except for Bombette and Goombario, those two have nothing on Goombella and Admiral Bobbery. I found the story a bit funnier, and liked some of the bosses better like Koopa Bros., General Shy Guy, and the Crystal King. Either way, whether you find TTYD better or not, it's still a really good game :)

#17 Posted by Cloud_765 (111394 posts) -
Puzzle League and Paper Mario, no question. Puzzle League is addicting as ****.