~The Official 3DS GameSpot Forums MK7 Community Thread~(New Times)

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I just check the community and play when I can. If this thing gets more people in, and becomes more popular, I feel there won't be any problem with meeting up with people etc. The purpose of communities is really to just make it easy to play with groups of people, and since it's a Gamespot Forum community, let's get more GS members in it :D
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
Had some fun races last night, ill be on again tonight at those times.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

Sorry for the late reply. Np, she had fun too.

The times to get online seem fine to me. Our time zone's Mountain Time so I think it should be between 7-9 PM for us, so that works.

Oh and I have a two star rank now, got it last night :P

JollyGreenOne

No problem. I'm glad that the times are good for you.

Thats awesome, Jay! How long did it take you to get 2 stars on every Cup? I've heard that the 150cc and Mirror Cups are hard to 3 star.

Thanks.

Well I've been playing it pretty much every day since it came out. I'm not sure exactly how many hours it took but I did have to try beating some of the same cups more then once.

Getting three stars on every cup is tough, especially on 150cc. I might attempt to get my three star rank eventually, but even on Mario Kart Wii I couldn't do it so we'll see how it goes :P

I'll be online for a while also if anyone wants to race.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 J_Ford

Well I just spent the last 2 hours checking the communities on and off and no one seemed to be coming on. I was hoping to race some of you guys tonight, oh well. Hopefully I'll see some of you online tomorrow.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I joined the other day but i've been way too busy for all of this week. Hoping to try out some community races this weekend! :D

I'm from western Canada (MST).

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 J_Ford

Thanks for the races Green and Nitrowing.

For the first time since the game came out I got a few communication errors and there was some pretty bad lag a few times too, still fun though.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
I joined the GP community, raced against Green and got my ass handed to me (well, I did my fair share of the handing to myself as well :lol: ). My favorite races are against people who are good, regardless of how well I do, so I hope more people join.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Thanks for the races Green and Nitrowing.

For the first time since the game came out I got a few communication errors and there was some pretty bad lag a few times too, still fun though.

J_Ford

I had a great time racing with you and Nitrowing.

The reason I left twice is because my game froze both times and I had to reset the whole system. It's only happened once before this, so I hope there isn't anything wrong with the game or my 3DS.

I joined the GP community, raced against Green and got my ass handed to me (well, I did my fair share of the handing to myself as well :lol: ). My favorite races are against people who are good, regardless of how well I do, so I hope more people join.JordanElek
Thanks for joining, and it was fun racing against you, Jordan. That last race was intense, if that blue shell got me you probably would've gotten 1st. I love close matches like that.

I also hope more people join so we can get full groups together, because the most people I can remember racing with at one time was 5, and those matches were crazy.

EntropyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 EntropyWins
Member since 2010 • 1209 Posts

Hey I just joined all three. Whoever started these may want to look into talking to charizard over in SW about merging his SW group with one of these. More people= more activity= more fun.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Hey I just joined all three. Whoever started these may want to look into talking to charizard over in SW about merging his SW group with one of these. More people= more activity= more fun.

EntropyWins
good gravy I love your sig
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#61 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Just joined, I think. Nobody on there now. Check back during the specified times, I guess.

Frank - 4468-0981-0132

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 bonesawisready5
I played with Green and someone else. Got a communication error. Had a lot of issues falling off edges and ended up losing. Green I just couldn't get anywhere near you, but I did notice that the other person playing with us (don't remember his name ATM) I saw fall off once and re-appear a second later ahead of me. Is this my connection? I've seen other people do this online, some I've even seen drop far off the edge only to reappear moments later in front of me without losing any steam. Whats this all about? I'd like to say it was fun racing you, but the lack of people (only three of us) combined with my constant losing due to making one mistake and getting terrible items (and oh yea, why on earth does the blue shell got to the first place person when they've already finished, but not to the 2nd place person who hasn't finished yet? That was really frustrating for me) along with the communication error I got that booted me out and booted me when I tried joining again didn't make the experience very fun I've tried playing online from school, my house, my GF's house. I've set my 3DS outside the DMZ, I've got Nintendo reps to actually change my home router settings for me, yet this game is constantly filled with communication errors for me and not everybody else. Anybody at all got any advice? This is really ruining my enjoyment. I maybe get into 3 out of 10 attempts, whereas DOA and Mercenaries work fine.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 logicalfrank

I have noticed some dissapearing re-appearing people as well. Sometimes it happens after I finish a race even. I'll finish in fourth and then wind up getting fifth somehow. Really weird and annoying. It happened like five times in a row (in worldwide mode) and I had to stop playing because I was about to throw my 3DS through a wall.

In any case, I stopped back on later last night and nobody was on again. Hopefully I'll get another chance to try later this week because I'd really like to play w/ you guys.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JordanElek

I have noticed some dissapearing re-appearing people as well. Sometimes it happens after I finish a race even. I'll finish in fourth and then wind up getting fifth somehow. Really weird and annoying. It happened like five times in a row (in worldwide mode) and I had to stop playing because I was about to throw my 3DS through a wall.

logicalfrank

That's just how the game handles lag. Instead of slowing everyone's game down when one person's connection is iffy, it just keeps track of where everyone is locally and updates it as soon as the connection is better. During the time that the info from that person is lost in space, their character on your system just continues straight on the path they were on during the last successful data transfer.

Mario Kart Wii handles lag in exactly the same way. It's kind of frustrating at times, but it usually doesn't create any real issues. I'd much rather have it this way than have a ton of slowdown.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 logicalfrank

[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

JordanElek

That's just how the game handles lag. Instead of slowing everyone's game down when one person's connection is iffy, it just keeps track of where everyone is locally and updates it as soon as the connection is better. During the time that the info from that person is lost in space, their character on your system just continues straight on the path they were on during the last successful data transfer.

Mario Kart Wii handles lag in exactly the same way. It's kind of frustrating at times, but it usually doesn't create any real issues. I'd much rather have it this way than have a ton of slowdown.

I'm just glad I'm not crazy! It was driving me up the wall last night. I think a few of them might have been that Mahu Wuhu glitch mentioned in the thread though...

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 JollyGreenOne

I had a good time racing with you yesterday, Nitrowing. It's a shame that errors got in the way of our match.

In any case, I stopped back on later last night and nobody was on again. Hopefully I'll get another chance to try later this week because I'd really like to play w/ you guys.

logicalfrank

What time do you usually get on? I'm usually in the Racing Rally lobby from 9 to 10 pm eastern.

*GameSpot Forums Community Question!*

What does everyone think of the current times to get online? I'd like to find times that are good for almost everyone.

I'm also thinking about giving certain days to each community, for example racing nights would be from monday to friday, and battle nights would be from saturday to sunday... but I want to know what every one thinks before I make those changes.

I'd also like to hear suggestions, if anyone has any.

More players on at once = More activity = More fun and varied matches!

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
Haven't really been able to play much lately but I'll try to be on today if nothing comes up.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Joined the Mario Kart race & battle communities
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bonesawisready5

logicalfrank
I'd wouldn't mind this if I didn't get so many comm errors. Its really ruining my enjoyment of this game. I'm very close to giving up. I want to love it. I've invested 20 hours + in just the single player. I've probably played about 2 hours of online while spending 3-4 hours trying to get into matches. I've done everything with my connection/router that everyone has suggested, Nintendo included. I'm hoping I can participate in the community more.
platinumfayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 platinumfayed
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
hey add me i got mk7 i will play with you lot 2062-9276-7433 my names Fayed
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 logicalfrank

I had a good time racing with you yesterday, Nitrowing. It's a shame that errors got in the way of our match.

[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

JollyGreenOne

What time do you usually get on? I'm usually in the Racing Rally lobby from 9 to 10 pm eastern.

*GameSpot Forums Community Question!*

What does everyone think of the current times to get online? I'd like to find times that are good for almost everyone.

I'm also thinking about giving certain days to each community, for example racing nights would be from monday to friday, and battle nights would be from saturday to sunday... but I want to know what every one thinks before I make those changes.

I'd also like to hear suggestions, if anyone has any.

More players on at once = More activity = More fun and varied matches!

I don't really have a time where I can regularly hop on. I am normally playing a few nights a week in the evening so the current times work pretty well for me. I also pop on a lot early in the morning, like 6:30-7:30 AM CST but those seem to be times most suited to the Japanese judging by who I race against when I go on then.

If we do seperate nights for battle and racing, I might suggest interspercing them rather than having battle on the weekend and racing week days. So maybe Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for racing and the other three for battles, I dunno. I am much more interested in racing but will undoubtedly get into battles eventually.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 logicalfrank

I have some questions on how this works. If I show up in the lobby and there is nobody there, could that just mean people are racing? Is there some way that I can tell if there's people who are on and in a race? I'm wondering if I'm showing up and just not waiting long enough to meet anyone.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 JordanElek

I have some questions on how this works. If I show up in the lobby and there is nobody there, could that just mean people are racing? Is there some way that I can tell if there's people who are on and in a race? I'm wondering if I'm showing up and just not waiting long enough to meet anyone.

logicalfrank

If there's already people waiting or racing, it'll flash "Groups playing: 1" in the upper right of the community select screen in the same space that flashes "150cc Grand Prix" and "All items," just to the right of the community code. If there's nobody there, it won't flash "groups playing" at all.

So if you join the community when it says there's a group playing and there's nobody waiting in the lounge, that means they're racing already. I've never waited long enough to see if you'll automically join their group when they're done or if it keeps you in a seperate group, though. I assume it just pops everyone into that one group as long as it isn't full.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 J_Ford

logicalfrank

In your list of communites it'll show on the top right of each one if there's any groups playing. Like for the racing rally community it'll cycle through showing 150cc, all items then if anyone's racing it'd say 1 group playing. If no one's on it'll just show 150cc and all items.

I check them every night and there's rarely anyone on, it kinda makes me wonder what the point is. I get that the game's only been out for just over two weeks but people obviously aren't using the time frames that've been posted. And the few times I've actually been able to race with people it's when Green's been online, kinda seems like people are only joining when he's playing. And even then I've never raced with more then 3-4 people at once.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JordanElek

[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

J_Ford

In your list of communites it'll show on the top right of each one if there's any groups playing. Like for the racing rally community it'll cycle through showing 150cc, all items then if anyone's racing it'd say 1 group playing. If no one's on it'll just show 150cc and all items.

I check them every night and there's rarely anyone on, it kinda makes me wonder what the point is. I get that the game's only been out for just over two weeks but people obviously aren't using the time frames that've been posted. And the few times I've actually been able to race with people it's when Green's been online, kinda seems like people are only joining when he's playing. And even then I've never raced with more then 3-4 people at once.

Yeah, I feel like it's easier with such a small group to just have each other's friend codes and join their race, that way we can at least play with more than two or three people each time. Then if enough people happen to show up, we can post here and say "quit and join the community" so we can rack up points for the leaderboard there.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 J_Ford

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

JordanElek

Yeah, I feel like it's easier with such a small group to just have each other's friend codes and join their race, that way we can at least play with more than two or three people each time. Then if enough people happen to show up, we can post here and say "quit and join the community" so we can rack up points for the leaderboard there.

That might work. I'll post my FC later tonight after I get home from work.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 J_Ford

My FC is 3480-2548-3332. If anyone wants to add me let me know and give me your FC as well. My girlfriend's FC is 0301-9790-6959 if anyone wants to add her too.

I'll be online for a bit tonight if anyone wants to race.

Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Nitrowing
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

Green and jay you guys have been busy racing a lot. Wish I had more time to race but I got no time due to work and no one plays around 8-9pm pacific.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 J_Ford

Green and jay you guys have been busy racing a lot. Wish I had more time to race but I got no time due to work and no one plays around 8-9pm pacific.

Nitrowing

Yeah tonight was one of the more active nights for me. Hopefully we can all race more together soon.

On a side note, Green seems to be a magician because my girlfriend and I were playing with him a bit tonight. She hit him with three red shells on Koopa Beach, all he had was one banana and never got hit once or slowed down. Then I hit him with a Blue Shell on Mario Circuit 2, all he had was one banana again and managed to stay in first without loosing any speed whatsoever. He didn't even loose his banana both of those times either.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
My FC is 3480-2548-3332 If anyone wants to add me let me know and give me your FC as well. My girlfriend's FC is 0301-9790-6959if anyone wants to add her too.I'll be online for a bit tonight if anyone wants to race.J_Ford
I've added both of you, enjoyed our race from some time ago. Anyway, I'll finally get to my days off for the holidays so hopefully I'll get to play with you again. Also, my fc is 3866-8085-1838, feel free to add me and thanks.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JollyGreenOne

If we do seperate nights for battle and racing, I might suggest interspercing them rather than having battle on the weekend and racing week days. So maybe Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for racing and the other three for battles, I dunno. I am much more interested in racing but will undoubtedly get into battles eventually.

logicalfrank

That's a great sugguestion, Frank. After thinking it over for a bit, if people are having a hard time playing at the current times I guess adding certain days might not be much help. I'm also thinking about deleting one of the battle communities (Clash 4 Cash), since 2 of them are probably one too many right now... but I'll give it a little more time.

I hope you don't mind, I added your 3DS friend code, mine is in my sig.

JordanElek

Here's another great sugguestion! It would be an easy way to see whos online and if they're playing Mario Kart 7. If there isn't anyone in the GSF lobbies you could join someone until more people get on, that's the idea right?

And do you mind if I add you?

On a side note, Green seems to be a magician because my girlfriend and I were playing with him a bit tonight. She hit him with three red shells on Koopa Beach, all he had was one banana and never got hit once or slowed down. Then I hit him with a Blue Shell on Mario Circuit 2, all he had was one banana again and managed to stay in first without loosing any speed whatsoever. He didn't even loose his banana both of those times either.

J_Ford

Well...My current rank IS "Magician Lord" afterall. :D:P

I remember the matches you're talking about, on Koopa Beach I actually had 4 bananas, 3 of them were draging behind me and I had 1 in reserve. What happend on Mario Circuit 2 must have been a freak case of lag, because on my side when I saw the blue shell pop up I slowed down enough for your girlfriend to pass me, then after you threw it I saw the blue shell land on her and she poofed behind me when it blew up.

I've seen other crazy stuff like that. In one Worldwide battle I played, someone hit me with a shell on my last balloon just when I was activating my star item, the shell still hit me but I didn't poof like you normally should for some reason. There weren't any balloons above my characters head, but I could still get items and hit other players and they could still hit me, but my balloons never came back for the rest of that match.

I added you and your girlfriend, I hope we'll be able to race again soon. My code is in my sig.

Lets Be Friends: (thanks again for the idea, JordanElek)

Feel free to exchange friend codes with others here if you own (or plan to get) Mario Kart 7. It makes it easier to see whos online and if they're playing Mario Kart 7, so even if there isn't anyone in the GSF lobbies you could still join a GSF member until more members get on.

it should also make it feel more like an actual community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KtAgAMzaeg

If anyone wants to add me, go right ahead. I'm always up for a good race.

My friend code is below, but I'll put it here incase someone has their sig turned off.

My 3DS FC: 4811-7022-8454

I've added every other code posted so far. If I missed you let me know.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JordanElek
My code is 1332-7702-0947. I added everyone who posted in this thread.
GoldenEnsiform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GoldenEnsiform
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Can community leaders kick people out? Because I would like to find a community that bans Maka Wuhu cheaters. I don't have a 3ds yet but I'm getting one for Christmas.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 J_Ford

Well...My current rank IS "Magician Lord" afterall. :D:P

I remember the matches you're talking about, on Koopa Beach I actually had 4 bananas, 3 of them were draging behind me and I had 1 in reserve. What happend on Mario Circuit 2 must have been a freak case of lag, because on my side when I saw the blue shell pop up I slowed down enough for your girlfriend to pass me, then after you threw it I saw the blue shell land on her and she poofed behind me when it blew up.

I've seen other crazy stuff like that. In one Worldwide battle I played, someone hit me with a shell on my last balloon just when I was activating my star item, the shell still hit me but I didn't poof like you normally should for some reason. There weren't any balloons above my characters head, but I could still get items and hit other players and they could still hit me, but my balloons never came back for the rest of that match.

I added you and your girlfriend, I hope we'll be able to race again soon. My code is in my sig.

JollyGreenOne

I didn't even notice your rank :P

Yeah last night was kinda crazy. Either way that blue shell was messed up. Nintendo changed it so it locks on to whoever was in first place at the time, so it still should've hit you even though you backed up.

Sounds good, I added you as well and I also added ShuichiChamp and Jordan Elek.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 JordanElek

Nintendo changed it so it locks on to whoever was in first place at the time, so it still should've hit you even though you backed up.J_Ford
I'm pretty sure it works like that only within a certain proximity. I try to keep an eye on the items that other people have, and if someone gets a blue shell when I don't have a significant enough lead, I'll back up and it'll blow right by me. But if you can already hear the beeping, it's too late. I learned that lesson quickly. :lol:

It's possible that I've always backed out of first place before the blue shell was even shot, though. I haven't had to avoid blue shells like that very often.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 J_Ford

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]Nintendo changed it so it locks on to whoever was in first place at the time, so it still should've hit you even though you backed up.JordanElek

I'm pretty sure it works like that only within a certain proximity. I try to keep an eye on the items that other people have, and if someone gets a blue shell when I don't have a significant enough lead, I'll back up and it'll blow right by me. But if you can already hear the beeping, it's too late. I learned that lesson quickly. :lol:

It's possible that I've always backed out of first place before the blue shell was even shot, though. I haven't had to avoid blue shells like that very often.

Yeah I guess, it was just weird how it happened :P

As soon as I threw the blue shell, my girlfriend said Green started backing up right after I threw it. He was still in first but it didn't hit either of them and it still made the big explosion. I was a ways behind so I didn't really get to see it but.

I know there's been a few times when I've played against people worldwide where I've got hit with blue shells, tried to back up and managed to get behind someone but still got hit. I think once or twice I might've backed up and avoided it completely but it's hard to tell, you could be right about the proximity. I'm sure having good timing helps.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 J_Ford

Oh I have a question for you guys. Does anyone know anything about the titles? Like if you go into the Mario Kart Channel and look at your data under your Mii's name it says your title and in brackets where you're from beside it.

So far all the titles I've gotten are Quick Starter, Shell Shark, Comeback Kid, Bob-omb Ace, Pro Defender, Rowdy Racer, Star Racer, Banana Blitzer, Aviator and my most recent one I got last night is Safe Driver. My girlfriend also had Dolphin for her title at one point.

Does anyone know what we need to do to get them, or how many of them there are? I've tried looking online but haven't really found anything, just people posting what titles they've gotten so far.

Just a suggestion to Green, maybe we could make some kind list showing all the titles and how to get them?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 JordanElek

Oh I have a question for you guys. Does anyone know anything about the titles? Like if you go into the Mario Kart Channel and look at your data under your Mii's name it says your title and in brackets where you're from beside it.

So far all the titles I've gotten are Quick Starter, Shell Shark, Comeback Kid, Bob-omb Ace, Pro Defender, Rowdy Racer, Star Racer, Banana Blitzer, Aviator and my most recent one I got last night is Safe Driver. My girlfriend also had Dolphin for her title at one point.

Does anyone know what we need to do to get them, or how many of them there are? I've tried looking online but haven't really found anything, just people posting what titles they've gotten so far.

Just a suggestion to Green, maybe we could make some kind list showing all the titles and how to get them?

J_Ford
It's probably just a reflection of what you've done most of recently. Right now I have Star Racer... probably because I just earned a star by my name yesterday.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Who wants to register me as a friend? I'm picking the game up next week and doubt the only 3DS friend I have will be online much
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 JollyGreenOne

Those matches were crazy fun and I had great time racing with you, Nitrowing. It stinks that a few communitcation errors in the way of some of our last matches, and its weird since our first couple of matches seemed fine.

Who wants to register me as a friend? I'm picking the game up next week and doubt the only 3DS friend I have will be online muchdarkspineslayer

I'll add you, what's your code?

And to anyone else reading this, I'll be in the Racing Rally lobby from 8 to 9 pm eastern tonight (Dec 25), so hop on between those times if you want to race against me.

Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Nitrowing
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

Those were great games green and yeah those comm errors did ruin some of the fun. I added some people to my FC list hope to see you guys online.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Just added the first community. I'm the 20th member it seems. I just got this game so go easy on me :P This is the first community I have joined :)

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 JollyGreenOne

Good game, Nitrowing! That was my first time using the gyro controls and even though I sucked at it - it was fun. I'm kinda surprised at how smooth the gyro controls are, it felt really accturate.

Just added the first community. I'm the 20th member it seems. I just got this game so go easy on me :P This is the first community I have joined :)

trugs26

Thanks for joining!

I hope you have a good time racing with the community, and I added your friend code, mine is below.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

added myself into the community

Avatar image for superfalcon1234
superfalcon1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 superfalcon1234
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

I've just joined.

My FC:4038-6094-6433

KiD_ReMiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 KiD_ReMiX
Member since 2011 • 254 Posts

I un-joined. There's never enough people on. I'll check back in the future and see how things are going.

gamer_CNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 gamer_CNSK
Member since 2010 • 175 Posts
How do you earn a star by your name and a wheel?
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 JordanElek

How do you earn a star by your name and a wheel?gamer_CNSK
Get at least one star in every Grand Prix in the game, same with two and three stars.

The wheel only indicates that you use gyro controls.

gamer_CNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 gamer_CNSK
Member since 2010 • 175 Posts
Ah, thanks.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 JollyGreenOne

J_Ford

I was going to reply to this a while ago, but then I forgot. :P

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the titles are based on certain characteristics of your racing/battle styIe.

I've gotten most of those titles to show up before, here are my guesses on how you earn each one:

Quick Starter: Get perfect starting boosts in many of your matches

Shell Shark: Use shells a lot with good accuracy

Comeback Kid: Be in the lowest placings (7th, 8th) for a majority of the match, yet still finish strong (1st, 2nd)

Bob-omb Ace: Use Bob-ombs a lot with good accuracy

Pro Defender: You're able to block a good amount of the attacks that come your way -- or you're able to defend your position in a majority of matches

Rowdy Racer: Slaming or bumping into other racers a lot

Star Racer: Use stars a lot (I know this isn't tied to the stars you earn from Grand Prix racing, because I've earned this title with no stars next to my name)

Banana Blitzer: Use bananas a lot with good accuracy

Aviator: Use Glide ramps and Glide ramp shortcuts a lot -- or Glide through the air for long periods of time

Safe Driver: Race normally not using shortcuts or drifting at turns

Dolphin: Race in a zig-zag styIe, weaving left and right

Those are my guesses on how you get each title, but they're only used to determine the play styIe of your character's AI when you Streetpass someone.

Someone found out about the use for titles after they got their first MK7 Streetpass:

Decided to take my 3DS with me to the movies and managed to get two SP tags. Luckily, one of the people I tagged had MK7. I just got done racing against the person I tagged.

Interesting pieces of info:

Not only can you race the person's Mii in a Grand Prix, but you can also race against them (1v1) in a Time Trial. The time trial was only one course. Not sure how the course is determined, perhaps based on whether the person you tagged has time trial/ghost data saved for the course, but we did end up on Maka Wuhu (no glitches involved)

When I raced against the Mii in the Grand Prix, I found it very strange that every item he received was a bom-omb. I didn't understand why until I realized what the title below his name was: "Bom-omb Ace". So whatever item(s) you (well to be more exact, the AI of your Mii) receive may be determined by your title when someone tags you and faces your Mii in a Grand Prix. My title is "Rowdy Racer", but I have no idea what items would be available to my Mii AI should it race against a human player I tagged

As of now, the person I tagged still has a channel up on the MK Channel, so I don't know for sure whether it will disappear tomorrow since he's already added to my SP ListDr_Koopa76

@painguy1 & superfalcon1234
:

Thanks a lot for joining this growing community! I've added both your friend codes to my list.

I'll probably in the Racing Rally lobby tonight (Dec 28) at the listed times, so if anyone else is avalible come and join me.