The Off Topic Lounge: End of All Things Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

UGH, thanks to HTML errors, I haven't been able to post on the Wii forums hardly at all today. Sorry I couldn't make it to the racing, loads of homework + tests this week kept me away, plus my fiancee may be addicted to pushmo haha.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#502 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Aww. I missed the race. Oh well, I'll join in next Sunday (hopefully). :P

I should really lay off the Netflix.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#503 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I envy you guys.

If only i hasn't lost my 3DS back in December...

Damn.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
So I made the decision to move the Wii upstairs. For a year and a half it was in the basement to reduce some of the clutter in the family. Then I realized one of the main reason I wasn't playing the Wii much was because it was downstairs. It's a finished basement but it's colder down there and not as comfortable, plus I'm just too lazy to go down there as much. However, I put my Wii on top of my Comcast box and when I went to start it up after a few hours, the Wii was really hot. I got the Wii turned on and I must have fried it because my Mii Data was corrupted, I had to re-download the update to play Zelda. Luckily, it appears none of my other save data was lost... thank goodness. Needless to say, I moved my Wii off of my Comcast box....
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 WreckEm711
So I made the decision to move the Wii upstairs. For a year and a half it was in the basement to reduce some of the clutter in the family. Then I realized one of the main reason I wasn't playing the Wii much was because it was downstairs. It's a finished basement but it's colder down there and not as comfortable, plus I'm just too lazy to go down there as much. However, I put my Wii on top of my Comcast box and when I went to start it up after a few hours, the Wii was really hot. I got the Wii turned on and I must have fried it because my Mii Data was corrupted, I had to re-download the update to play Zelda. Luckily, it appears none of my other save data was lost... thank goodness. Needless to say, I moved my Wii off of my Comcast box.... roboccs
I know the feeling, I fried my first ps3 on accident because I left it running in the entertainment center watching movies and one of the dogs must have run by and knocked the door closed. I came back to find a YLOD and the thing was BAKING in there :(
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 ANIMEguy10034

So I've been walking around downtown NYC for the past 6 hours with my 3DS.
I went from World Trade Center to Battery Park, and then I walked all the way to Times Square.
...I only met 2 travelers... TWO. Out of billions of people during rush hour.

I give up. :x

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#507 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

So I've been walking around downtown NYC for the past 6 hours with my 3DS.
I went from World Trade Center to Battery Park, and then I walked all the way to Times Square.
...I only met 2 travelers... TWO. Out of billions of people during rush hour.

I give up. :x

ANIMEguy10034

Really? I get about 5-6 everyday in Downtown Toronto.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 ANIMEguy10034

Haziqonfire

The most I've gotten was 27, and that was from the Skyward Sword launch.

I should revisit the Nintendo World Store.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 roboccs
I got a $25 gift card for gamestop... Do I want Arc Rise Fantasia or Star Ocean Last Hope International? I need a JRPG...
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I got a $25 gift card for gamestop... Do I want Arc Rise Fantasia or Star Ocean Last Hope International? I need a JRPG...roboccs
I've been told both are mediocre. I haven't played either myself though. I would suggest looking elsewhere.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 WreckEm711

I got a $25 gift card for gamestop... Do I want Arc Rise Fantasia or Star Ocean Last Hope International? I need a JRPG...roboccs

25 down on a Xenoblade preorder.

Seriously, best thing you could do with that money for a JRPG :O

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 roboccs

[QUOTE="roboccs"]I got a $25 gift card for gamestop... Do I want Arc Rise Fantasia or Star Ocean Last Hope International? I need a JRPG...WreckEm711

Thought about that too actually.

I love getting gift cards. But the problem is deciding what to do with them. It's a good problem to have!

I also got a $75 gift card for Best Buy. I am really racking my brain on what I want more. I could get FFXIII-2 today, Kingdoms of Amalur comes out soon, there Mass Effect 3 in a month or so, same with Tales of Graces F, MLB12 comes out in March as well, or I could get Skyrim. So many games that I want. Right now I'm leaning on Mass Effect 3 but that could change very quickly.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#513 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="roboccs"]I got a $25 gift card for gamestop... Do I want Arc Rise Fantasia or Star Ocean Last Hope International? I need a JRPG...roboccs

Thought about that too actually.

I love getting gift cards. But the problem is deciding what to do with them. It's a good problem to have!

I also got a $75 gift card for Best Buy. I am really racking my brain on what I want more. I could get FFXIII-2 today, Kingdoms of Amalur comes out soon, there Mass Effect 3 in a month or so, same with Tales of Graces F, MLB12 comes out in March as well, or I could get Skyrim. So many games that I want. Right now I'm leaning on Mass Effect 3 but that could change very quickly.

I've had Mass Effect 3 preordered from Amazon since June

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#514 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I also got a $75 gift card for Best Buy. I am really racking my brain on what I want more. I could get FFXIII-2 today, Kingdoms of Amalur comes out soon, there Mass Effect 3 in a month or so, same with Tales of Graces F, MLB12 comes out in March as well, or I could get Skyrim. So many games that I want. Right now I'm leaning on Mass Effect 3 but that could change very quickly.roboccs
SKYRIM.

Unless.... you have a PS3, right? :(

I've run into very few problems with the 360 version, definitely no game-breaking problems like a terrible framerate (it's only dipped a couple of times in 80 hours), though I currently have one broken side quest in my quest log and three or four that stayed in the log after I completed them. Other than that (and two poorly scripted quests that I was able to figure out the problems), it's been fine. But from what I hear of the PS3 version..... maybe you shouldn't get it. :(

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="roboccs"]I also got a $75 gift card for Best Buy. I am really racking my brain on what I want more. I could get FFXIII-2 today, Kingdoms of Amalur comes out soon, there Mass Effect 3 in a month or so, same with Tales of Graces F, MLB12 comes out in March as well, or I could get Skyrim. So many games that I want. Right now I'm leaning on Mass Effect 3 but that could change very quickly.JordanElek

SKYRIM.

I've run into very few problems with the 360 version, definitely no game-breaking problems like a terrible framerate (it's only dipped a couple of times in 80 hours), though I currently have one broken side quest in my quest log and three or four that stayed in the log after I completed them. Other than that (and two poorly scripted quests that I was able to figure out the problems), it's been fine. But from what I hear of the PS3 version..... maybe you shouldn't get it. :(

PS3 version is actually patched up really nicely now, so I would recommend either version confidently, and I was throwing a fit over how bad the PS3 version was before :P
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#516 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="roboccs"]I also got a $75 gift card for Best Buy. I am really racking my brain on what I want more. I could get FFXIII-2 today, Kingdoms of Amalur comes out soon, there Mass Effect 3 in a month or so, same with Tales of Graces F, MLB12 comes out in March as well, or I could get Skyrim. So many games that I want. Right now I'm leaning on Mass Effect 3 but that could change very quickly.WreckEm711

SKYRIM.

PS3 version is actually patched up really nicely now, so I would recommend either version confidently, and I was throwing a fit over how bad the PS3 version was before :P

PS3 version still badly broken, it's isolated cases where it works well

Well unless you do like a 3 hour speed run

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 roboccs
See I've heard some people say the PS3 Skyrim issues have been exaggerated a bit... then I've heard others say it's as bad as advertised. That's where my hesitation on getting that game is. If there were no issues, I would have bought it the day I got the gift card... Everyone who's had a chance to play the game RAVE about it. A lot of times when there is a game with glitch issues I rarely run across them... maybe it's because my play sessions are generally an hour or less. No one ever states that they played the game for 5 hours straight then ran into the issue so who knows...
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

ANIMEguy10034

where's that at anyways? i'm in ny for the week. wouldn't mind taking a stop there.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"][QUOTE="JordanElek"] SKYRIM.

Jaysonguy

PS3 version still badly broken, it's isolated cases where it works well

Well unless you do like a 3 hour speed run

Oh ok, sounds about right, because before mine was so broken it was laughable, now on my new character the only bug I've had was coins falling through tables everywhere in the world :P
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520 JordanElek

See I've heard some people say the PS3 Skyrim issues have been exaggerated a bit... then I've heard others say it's as bad as advertised. That's where my hesitation on getting that game is. If there were no issues, I would have bought it the day I got the gift card... Everyone who's had a chance to play the game RAVE about it. A lot of times when there is a game with glitch issues I rarely run across them... maybe it's because my play sessions are generally an hour or less. No one ever states that they played the game for 5 hours straight then ran into the issue so who knows...roboccs
People said they started running into issues around where I am in the game (about 80 hours), and it's been absolutely fine for me. But the difference might be that I play for pretty short sessions, usually less than an hour, and I don't screw around with stuff. The last thing I want to do is make the game keep track of a bunch of crap that I've strewn all over the world, so I generally don't touch stuff unless I'm picking it up to keep.

Well... I did roll a guy's severed head over the edge of a bridge because he was a bastard and I wanted to see the splash in the river below.....

And I did drag a guy's corpse into the boiler room in which he was frying people in cages because that's a fitting resting place for a madman like him....

But other than that, I leave well enough alone.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 ANIMEguy10034

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

ChikaraShref

where's that at anyways? i'm in ny for the week. wouldn't mind taking a stop there.

10 Rockefeller Plaza (48th Street; Between 5th Ave and 6th Ave)

Directions

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#522 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

ANIMEguy10034

10 Rockefeller Plaza (48th Street; Between 5th Ave and 6th Ave)

Directions

I wish I woulda gone last year when I was in NYC. I never saw it a lot going on my first visit there.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 WreckEm711
Did any of you guys set/stick with your new years resolutions? I wanted to stop biting my nails. After fifteen years Of biting my nails down to the cuticle, I'm now 1 month free of the bad habit and I have healthy nails for basically the first time in my life. Best part about it? Scratching my own scalp feels AMAAAAZING!
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 roboccs
Did any of you guys set/stick with your new years resolutions? I wanted to stop biting my nails. After fifteen years Of biting my nails down to the cuticle, I'm now 1 month free of the bad habit and I have healthy nails for basically the first time in my life. Best part about it? Scratching my own scalp feels AMAAAAZING!WreckEm711
Ehh, I don't do the new year resolutions. I figure, if there's something I should be doing, why wait until the new year? Funny you mention biting your nails... that is the worst habit I have. I chew them down really bad and even bite at the skin around them until they bleed. I've stopped many times but always go back... usually in a stressful or nervous situation. Nice job if you can quit, I'll catch myself doing it and not even realize it. THat's how habitual it is.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#525 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

My new years resolution was to be better at everything.

I started off strong, but i don't think i am doing that well anymore:P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526 ANIMEguy10034

This made me smile. :)

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

This made me smile. :)

ANIMEguy10034
i love how she calls it "nintendo." i love cool old people :D
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 haziqonfire
So I bought an eReader yesterday, it makes things a lot easier! First thing I did was download a copy of A Clash of Kings to put on my eReader instead of having to take the book with me to school. It's tiny enough that it fits well in my bag. I wasn't sure if I'd use it that much in the long run but I can definitely see myself using this on different occasions, even to read my school notes off of because I save everything in .txt format (I use notepad on Windows, Gedit (like notepad) on Ubuntu).
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 JordanElek

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]Did any of you guys set/stick with your new years resolutions? I wanted to stop biting my nails. After fifteen years Of biting my nails down to the cuticle, I'm now 1 month free of the bad habit and I have healthy nails for basically the first time in my life. Best part about it? Scratching my own scalp feels AMAAAAZING!roboccs
Ehh, I don't do the new year resolutions. I figure, if there's something I should be doing, why wait until the new year? Funny you mention biting your nails... that is the worst habit I have. I chew them down really bad and even bite at the skin around them until they bleed. I've stopped many times but always go back... usually in a stressful or nervous situation. Nice job if you can quit, I'll catch myself doing it and not even realize it. THat's how habitual it is.

You know what's better at stopping that than a New Year's resolution?

[spoiler] A chipped tooth. True story. [/spoiler]

I don't do resolutions either, but I've been exercising routinely for the past year or so, gradually turning 20 pounds of extra fat into 20 pounds of extra muscle. I'm probably halfway there and about to make major progress (hopefully) thanks to some diet changes and exercise changes I've made in the last few weeks.

But as SOON as I started my new routine, I hurt my shoulder, so I had to take two weeks off from anything I have to use my arms for. That sucked. I have a bad shoulder, though, so it's not like I did one specific thing to injure myself.... It was just being worn the wrong way and I ignored the warning signs for too long.... But now it's all better so I've started up again.

And I can't wait for warmer weather so I can start biking and swimming again. Yesterday was warm enough that I was able to bike 10 miles on the road and 3 miles on mountain biking trails, and that felt AWESOME after about three months of not being able to do anything like that.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Red Dead Redemption > Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Have at me!

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 meetroid8
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]Did any of you guys set/stick with your new years resolutions? I wanted to stop biting my nails. After fifteen years Of biting my nails down to the cuticle, I'm now 1 month free of the bad habit and I have healthy nails for basically the first time in my life. Best part about it? Scratching my own scalp feels AMAAAAZING!

I've never set a new year's resolution. I'm content with the person I am.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 ZumaJones07
[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Red Dead Redemption > Super Mario Galaxy 2. Have at me!

third rated best game of all time vs some other game :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 haziqonfire

Have at me!

TheFallenDemon

They're different games tho. Not really comparable =/

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 WreckEm711

Have at me!

TheFallenDemon
There's a long list of games I would agree are more fun than SMG2 :P
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 JordanElek

Have at me!

TheFallenDemon

You can have more fun with whatever games you want. I don't think it would be wise for anyone to argue against you and say that you REALLY had more fun with SMG2. :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 roboccs
So I bought an eReader yesterday, it makes things a lot easier! First thing I did was download a copy of A Clash of Kings to put on my eReader instead of having to take the book with me to school. It's tiny enough that it fits well in my bag. I wasn't sure if I'd use it that much in the long run but I can definitely see myself using this on different occasions, even to read my school notes off of because I save everything in .txt format (I use notepad on Windows, Gedit (like notepad) on Ubuntu).Haziqonfire
I'm thinking of getting my wife a kindle. They're only $79. She wouldn't care about all the other features in the Kindle Fire or the new Nook or anything like that. She just likes to read. She got a taste of using the Nook color that she acquired from her mom but after only a few days of using it, it broke. So maybe the Kindle can be a nice surprise. Anyone know of any real cons with the basic level Kindle? I know it can hold like 1400 books and has a long battery life.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 haziqonfire

I'm thinking of getting my wife a kindle. They're only $79. She wouldn't care about all the other features in the Kindle Fire or the new Nook or anything like that. She just likes to read. She got a taste of using the Nook color that she acquired from her mom but after only a few days of using it, it broke. So maybe the Kindle can be a nice surprise. Anyone know of any real cons with the basic level Kindle? I know it can hold like 1400 books and has a long battery life.roboccs

Doesn't seem like there are too many cons about it, it seems to have most of everything you'd need for an eReader, they have an alternative to not having a SD/MicroSD card slot by using the Amazon Cloud Storage anyway. You can put PDF files on it as well, like my Kobo Touch.

$79 is a great price for it.

--

On an unrelated note, this is pretty much the best picture I've seen all day:

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 GreekGameManiac

Yianni's Journal.

Entry 3434

It was raining today,i loved it.

It fits my state of mind..

My life sucks.

Thanks diary.

:P

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 JordanElek

Haziqonfire

I was on a beach when I was in high school, and a girl next to us had spent a long time building this big sand castle. Then her boyfriend walked up and destroyed it with one kick, then quoted Zoolander. It was amazing.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 GreekGameManiac

I was on a beach when I was in high school, and a girl next to us had spent a long time building this big sand castle. Then her boyfriend walked up and destroyed it with one kick, then quoted Zoolander. It was amazing.

JordanElek

That sounds like an a-hole.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]JordanElek

With a jerk move like that, you need to have a good punchline to make it worth it. He delivered.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 JordanElek

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

_BlueDuck_

With a jerk move like that, you need to have a good punchline to make it worth it. He delivered.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure she laughed after she got over the shock.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543 roboccs

Jackpot! God bless youtube. I've been working since 4:30 this morning because I just have a hellish day. I've blown through the entire Final Fantasy VII and Tales of Symphonia soundtracks on youtube (my go to soundtracks when I'm not in the mood for sports talk radio or regular music). Sometimes just throwing on familiar video game music keeps me relaxed and focused on the task at hand. Well I needed something new to listen to and I just stumbled on a playlist with the top 50 RPG world map themes!! Call me a dork (I am a huge one), but I like this stuff. The world map always seems to have some of the best music in a video game. I've said this quite a few times here, but video game music is very underated.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

The Abyss difficulty Raid mode missions on Revelations are insane! :shock:

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 meetroid8
Could I get some feedback on this avi? I pretty much hate it, complete waste of time. I think I'm just going to find another cute Rainbow Dash one >.>
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 alexh_99
Could I get some feedback on this avi? I pretty much hate it, complete waste of time. I think I'm just going to find another cute Rainbow Dash one >.>meetroid8
anything with my little ponies = no no
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547 ZumaJones07
do you guys know what happened to gabuex?
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 roboccs
do you guys know what happened to gabuex?ZumaJones07
I believe the ponies abducted him.... Don't let it happen to you too Meetroid8... SAVE YOUR SELF WHILE YOU CAN!!!
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549 alexh_99
do you guys know what happened to gabuex?ZumaJones07
He left gamespot for a My Little Pony forum. I guess we aren't as "cool" as them :P
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

He'll be back once the fad passes.