The new paper mario im so hurt

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Papermario
Member since 2016 • 245 Posts

Man im so hurt............................................................

I been waiting a paper mario game to go by its old roots for years and it still didn't happen i was so happy when i saw the cover lol. Man i just played it today the feeling is not the same i thought by now they would of went back to the old original way like the first two.

i cant believe this screwed this one up again my all time favorite games pm 64 and ttyd

not a bad game just not paper mario type of game i would like to see

r.i.p to the series

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

It's sad, yes. Hopefully Nintendo will come to their senses soon.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The two best games in the series are the first two, so I don't see why Nintendo hasn't released another RPG. I mean, kudos to them I guess for at least changing things up, but it seems that the last two have been all about their gimmick. Plus I'm one of the few who didn't even care for Super Paper Mario all that much. It had some good elements (namely the writing, even though the plotline is suspiciously similar to The Dark Tower series) but it felt really tedious a lot of the time.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I totally agree with you and I think this video perfectly describes everyone's feelings about Paper Mario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBbcaLsyZI

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Papermario

@turtlethetaffer said:

The two best games in the series are the first two, so I don't see why Nintendo hasn't released another RPG. I mean, kudos to them I guess for at least changing things up, but it seems that the last two have been all about their gimmick. Plus I'm one of the few who didn't even care for Super Paper Mario all that much. It had some good elements (namely the writing, even though the plotline is suspiciously similar to The Dark Tower series) but it felt really tedious a lot of the time.

I mean like why change the roots ? the problem is i feel like they are ignoring the fans, and then get mad when we share our dislikes about it nobody is saying its a terrible game but if your going to rehash a game you still have to keep the basic things in the game these games are more like mario world but made out of paper and him with a hammer ill admit the graphics are nice but its more then graphics to a game

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Papermario

@bowserjr123 said:

I totally agree with you and I think this video perfectly describes everyone's feelings about Paper Mario:

wow you are so correct thanks for the link this exactly how i feel

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bowserjr123

@papermario said:
@bowserjr123 said:

No problem, man! You should check out Argo's other stuff, he pretty much has the exact same opinion as me on a lot of stuff.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Papermario

@bowserjr123 said:
@papermario said:
@bowserjr123 said:

No problem, man! You should check out Argo's other stuff, he pretty much has the exact same opinion as me on a lot of stuff.

Yes i also check out his other stuff out as well, he pretty much right about a lot of games.

a new system from nintendo coming out. Do you think they will make another paper mario ?

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bowserjr123

@papermario: It wouldn't be for a couple of years since they just came out with Color Splash unfortunately. Also, Miyamoto said he wanted to keep the Sticker Star formula so he pretty much ruined the series if he stays true to his word.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Papermario

@bowserjr123: But why ? i dont understand why does he hate the old ones so much or want to move on from it ? Does he know what the fans wants ? im not really into all the creators and stuff i just know about the games im not familiar with behind the scenes or how games are made.

is he ignoring the fans ? because you know paper mario 64 is still selling right now and gc version is still selling. they even still got some paper mario games from 64 50$ out here because its still a demand do he see that ???

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bowserjr123

@papermario: To be completely honest, because I think that Miyamoto likes to make his games "innovative" and he probably doesn't think that the original series isn't. He also did the same thing with Star Fox Zero...he just wants to find an excuse to use the Wii U tablet. You're definitely right that he is ignoring the fans...ugh, Nintendo as of late has been a huge disappointment in the console front and I'm really hoping they snap out of their stupid mindset with the NX and make games like how they did with the GameCube and SNES.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Papermario

@bowserjr123: the game is not even all that i mean yea it looks nice but so what the gameplay self nothing like the other ones and we wouldnt be having a comparison if he would just change the title of the actual game.

when u have a dragon ball z game you can tell by the title one kind of games its going to be because each other them are different.

look how beautiful gta v is set up and look how ugly gta sa is set up some people still love gta sa more.

im taking it as he never really thought the paper mario 64 would blow up like that he thought it was going to be a spin off to mario 64 because it seems he feels that he really didnt do much for paper mario but did so much for the other games but we demanding the game he feels he didnt put much effort in or something

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bowserjr123

@papermario: I'm just hoping that Color Splash sells horribly and then Nintendo can see why...

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Papermario

@bowserjr123: it might only sale because of its name and they do not have that much games anyway so people mite just buy it just to buy not because they actually like the game.

i didnt like super paper much either i literally beat the game so fast just by jumping on the characters lol jesus i thought the one one super nintendo was more difficult then that game...

you seen how easy the bosses was !!???

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#15 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@papermario said:
@turtlethetaffer said:

I mean like why change the roots ? the problem is i feel like they are ignoring the fans, and then get mad when we share our dislikes about it nobody is saying its a terrible game but if your going to rehash a game you still have to keep the basic things in the game these games are more like mario world but made out of paper and him with a hammer ill admit the graphics are nice but its more then graphics to a game

I applaud them for trying to change things up, but it seems that trying new gimmicks has taken center stage, while the fantastic writing and world building of the first two (ESPECIALLY the second) aren't getting the attention they deserve. Going back, it's amazing the level of writing the Thousand Year Door has. Such creative scenarios and memorable characters. After TTYD, Super Paper Mario was a disappointment despite some fun aspects.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Papermario

@turtlethetaffer: they need to just keep it the same.. everything try something new its more for 8 years old...

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#18 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

It should be mentioned that one of Nintendo's first party studios, Intelligent Systems, developed the Paper Mario games, not one of the Kyoto or Tokyo internal studios.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Bleh, I'm not gonna hope anymore. Paper Mario is officially dead. I'm so sorry guys. One of the best videogame series ever created is sleeping with the fishes. :(

I'm actually feeling a bit down because of this. Nintendo has proven now recently that they aren't interested in what fans want. I believe this is one of many series they are going to destroy or continue to ignore. Now I'm not sure about NX anymore, and I've gladly bought every fucking Nintendo system ever. Except the Virtual Boy. Unless they get their shit together, the shit that made me a hardcore Nintendo fan, I'm gonna ignore them back.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Papermario

@Litchie:

@Litchie said:

Bleh, I'm not gonna hope anymore. Paper Mario is officially dead. I'm so sorry guys. One of the best videogame series ever created is sleeping with the fishes. :(

I'm actually feeling a bit down because of this. Nintendo has proven now recently that they aren't interested in what fans want. I believe this is one of many series they are going to destroy or continue to ignore. Now I'm not sure about NX anymore, and I've gladly bought every fucking Nintendo system ever. Except the Virtual Boy. Unless they get their shit together, the shit that made me a hardcore Nintendo fan, I'm gonna ignore them back.

Im not either but i just thought this time for sure they would make the one we want, i think whats going on is that this graphics stuff is ruined the gameplay for paper mario they seem to care more about how cool it looks just because it looks cool doesn't make a great game i just love the simple graphics of paper mario.

as far as nintendo they ignore fans for whatever reason i dont get why they do this because as they see they are in last place no ones even knows about wii u out here