This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

This was supposed to come out on the Wii awhile ago, from High Voltage Software but we haven't heard news about it for awhile. Can someone just kill my hopes of it ever being released, because at this point I don't think any titles even come out for Wii anymore...

I just feel like the Wiimote was horribly underutilized in regards to the FPS genre. Metroid Prime Trilogy proves its unique, and the Conduit as well

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's dead and High Voltage still makes shit

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#3 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Forgot all about that game...

• The Grinder
  • Sadness
  • Project HAMMER
Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@mariokart97: Im not sure on it, it seems its status is on hold. Im guessing they have moved on to other things for now. I wouldnt hold your breath for it, it most likely will never get released.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

It is cancelled and it's a shame because I actually was interested in it as it reminded me of Hunter The Wreckoning (also made by HVS but one of their actual good titles). HVS has since gone forth to handle the PC version of MKX which is why the PC version is still doing terribly and is in need of a massive update.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Project Hammer getting canned is probably the saddest of them all. Nintendo said waggle waggle was not fun, yet most games after & even ones from Nintendo were waggle fest. :P

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

I remember when I had hopes for High Voltage Software. The Conduit was OK enough that I thought, "this is fine, it's just their first attempt." They will learn and improve, I thought. This is when The Grinder was announced.

And then they never did learn or improve, and my hype for The Grinder dropped to just interest... and finally acceptance that if it ever did come out, it would have been s***. HVS doesn't deserve your mourning.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@so_hai said:

Forgot all about that game...

• The Grinder
  • Sadness
  • Project HAMMER

Ahhh Sadness.... The definition of vaporware. People on this site lost their %$&* over this game. It was pretty clear after a short period of time that it would never be a thing. Good times!

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

Nothing of value was lost, because HVS doesn't make good games.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

People give HVS a hard time. I never played any of the Conduit games. At least they tried to bring a new IP to a system that most companies dumped crap onto. From my understanding, wasn't Conduit a competent game?

I'm guessing all the hype HVS threw out there didn't help them.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

@roboccs: I heard it was good as well, which is one reason I had interest anyway. Might pick it up today to try it out myself.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

@roboccs said:

People give HVS a hard time. I never played any of the Conduit games. At least they tried to bring a new IP to a system that most companies dumped crap onto. From my understanding, wasn't Conduit a competent game?

The Conduit was one of the best FPS on the Wii. Great story, art, soundtrack, and gameplay. Very fun game.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@roboccs said:

Honestly, The Conduit wasn't much better than most of those "crap" games other companies threw the Wii's way; the game's claim to its short fame came from the developer and outlets like IGN hyping it as some "great hope" for the system because it shamelessly waved around that silly and meaningless "hardcore" label. The Conduit was an over-hyped game in a genre that was over-saturated by any standard from a pretty mediocre developer and should have been perceived as such; instead, the game fools about half a million people into buying the hype, encouraging a second release that ended up bombing out of the gate because those same people finally realized better.

If HVS did nothing else, it put on the right act at the right time by trying to appeal to the Wii's self-proclaimed "hardcore" with a game that would have never been given the light of day by any other audience on any other system. The fact that the developer is still even talked about in Nintendo-related circles show just how effective that publicity stunt was, even if everything that resulted from it was/is less than a pleasant reality of a variety of situations.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

@Madmangamer364: So you played The Conduit huh?

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@Collie_Lover: Nnnn-ope! Then again, I didn't play Superman 64 or the old E-T game either. I simply can't tolerate everything that is called a video game. :P