The best Nintendo home console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By samanthademeste

Poll The best Nintendo home console (46 votes)

NES 9%
SNES 37%
N64 15%
Gamecube 15%
Wii 15%
Wii U 9%

Which Nintendo home console do you think is the best?

• 
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

SNES

Every other console has had large flaws

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Kind of tied between the Gamecube and N64. Playing shooter games with 4 friends is always fun. We still play Goldeneye and Nightfire at get togethers. They're just really good party consoles.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

The N64 since it was the party machine! Many of my greatest gaming memories are from playing N64 games with friends.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I had most fun with my Wii, so I voted that.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

SNES :)

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Wii

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By BlackGenjii
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

The N64 since it was the party machine! Many of my greatest gaming memories are from playing N64 games with friends.

Same here.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

the n64.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Gamecube. One of my favourite consoles of all time.

Napajeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Napajeni
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I said:

I mean, no one was incredibly brainless enough to vote for the Wii U. Somehow, that part of my post reeks of foreshadowing....

Damn it; who knew I'd end up being right....

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

Pretty much this and even by myself I had a good time with games like Ocarina of Time, Majora Mask, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, Beetle Adventure Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Forsaken 64, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and plenty others. Those games there I probably logged in 1000's of hours of game time in them....

But the Gamecube is just about toe to toe with N64 in terms of how much fun I had with it.Twilight Princess, wind waker, Smash Bros. Melee, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Star Wars: Rouge Squadron 2 and 3, Viewtiful Joe, Burnout 1 and 2, Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem PoR, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Star Fox Adventure, Lost Kingdom 2, F-Zero GX, and Tales of Symphonia are games that I EASILY put in over 500+ hour playing by myself or with others. Honestly, and realistically, Gamecube should clearly be number 1. But N64, IMO, still had the best quality titles that I've played from an initial playing experience hence why it get a very slight edge...

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Personally, probably the Gamecube. I had alot of great times with it.

Objectively, the Wii. Can play Wii and GC games and the VC eventually had a sizeable amount of N64,SNES,and NES games. Everyone wins.

Potentially, the Wii U. Once the VC takes off and includes GC games, as well as the current library it will be able to play games from all of the nintendo consoles.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Bardock47 said:

Personally, probably the Gamecube. I had alot of great times with it.

Objectively, the Wii. Can play Wii and GC games and the VC eventually had a sizeable amount of N64,SNES,and NES games. Everyone wins.

Potentially, the Wii U. Once the VC takes off and includes GC games, as well as the current library it will be able to play games from all of the nintendo consoles.

It wont, just like the Wii wasn't worth it for NES, SNES, and N64 titles.

The Wii U wont get the entire library of anything except a very small list of Wii U games.

Napajeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Napajeni

@Jaysonguy said:

It wont, just like the Wii wasn't worth it for NES, SNES, and N64 titles. The Wii U wont get the entire library of anything except a very small list of Wii U games.

Who would dare to think otherwise? The Wii U has ZERO potential; it has had this same potential for two years straight so far. With a needless gimmick for a controller in its gamepad controller, nonexistent third party support (no kids, multi-plats don't count, especially with the Wii U getting the bottom of the barrel versions of them), dire emphasis on its E-Shop just like the 3DS, no built-in hard drive in 2014, and a growing amount of consumers raising their brow at it as a result, not even a prayer is going to bless it with this potential some like to think it truly has.

Do people not see it? Nintendo is in a ravenous frenzy trying to get someone to acknowledge this thing's existence. Never before have they been forced to whore their first party guns so aggressively, much like they only know how to do lately. Those Mario Kart 8 and New Super Mario Bros. U bundles didn't appear because Nintendo finally acknowledged that look in their fan's eyes....

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@Jaysonguy: I never owned a Super Nintendo, but i felt it had many good games for it, Donkey Kong, Final Fantasy, zelda, fighting games, Final Fight, Metroid, etc.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

SNES all the way. In my book, the jump in game quality, originality, etc was way bigger from the NES to SNES, than from any other Nintendo console after that. You can just about trace most of the same features you see in every Nintendo game now back to their SNES versions. Heck, you can trace many controls, features, moves, etc back to the NES versions of their games. Mario games (Super Mario, Mario Kart, etc), Zelda games and many of their other first party games haven't changed all that much since their Nintendo 64/Gamecube releases. Of course, they look nicer, had a few features , and the 3D graphics are different as compared to their older 2D counterparts, but there hasn't been a major change in many of their games other than the method we play them with (i.e. controllers). SNES...best console Nintendo ever released. All that being said...it's a tie for second place with the N64/GC. Lol.

smitherton4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By smitherton4
Member since 2014 • 67 Posts

Nes has the best selection and the top loader gets rid of that console's major flaw.

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

Gotta rep the 'cube on this one. Although every pre-Wii Nintendo console was fantastic, especially the N64, the Gamecube just brought it all home for me. People treated it like a disadvantage, but that console was so small, light, and portable. It was great for bringing over to friend's houses and whatnot. It also had a great controller, only marred by the horrible C-Stick (however, a tip for anyone interested, you can open the controller up and replace the C-stick with another GC analog stick, it fits exactly the same and makes the controller even better). The best part was, of course, the games. No game system since the SNES has had so many killer titles. Metroid Prime, Mario Kart DD, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Eternal Darkness, the list goes on. There were even classic multi-plats like Timesplitters and Red Faction 2.

The cube really had it all. Anyone who was younger in the late 90's and early 2000's remembers great days playing with friends huddled around a Gamecube for long stretches into the night.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@Napajeni: It reeks of advance flaming, don't do it. It's not up for a debate, you know what I'm talking about. Insults in advance are still insults.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

1. SNES

2. Gamecube

3. NES

4. wii

5. N64

WiiU will likely be last, although it's lifespan isn't over yet. 2nd place could be either the NES or gamecube, both have amazing games and flaws.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#23 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

1- SNES

2- Nintendo Wii

3- Gamecube

4- NES

5- N64

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4217 Posts

I say it's a close battle between the Wii and the Gamecube. I say it is definitively the Wii though.

I don't think it's the N64, because it is unplayable because of the "frame rate" today. Gamecube had some great games, I give it that, but Wii just eclipsed it and brought some amazing innovations in Hardware.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Super Nintendo is Nintendo's best home console of all time.

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts

The Super Nintendo is the perfect video game console. After that I'd say Wii (yeah, I would), than NES, than GC, with N64 in last (not counting Wii U because it's not old enough to be properly stacked against the others).

AMGMercedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AMGMercedes
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

Nostalgia is all that keeps the SNES from being seen how overrated it really is. The N64 is obviously Nintendo's best, arguably the finest console ever made.

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts

@AMGMercedes: Funny, I would say nostalgia is the only thing preventing people from seeing that the N64 has only a small handful of games that are still fun to play. Aside from the first-party Nintendo games and the Rare platformers, N64 games have aged like milk.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

If Nintendo would get their act together with the eshop, it'd be wiiu because of the VC. As of now? Probably the wii. Not only does it have the ace wii games, but a lot of great nes, ms, snes, genesis, tg16, snk, n64, and arcade games. In reality, and outside of sales, it is actually a very good console.

Best console from my experience though? Probably the snes or nes or n64. One would think the n64 is out of question, but it brought a level of quality that put the competition to shame. It was the console that was like discovering videogames all over again for the very first time, for a lot of seasoned gamers. Tons of brand new genres and amazing multiplayer.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34594 Posts

Iunno. GameCube is my favourite, though.

Avatar image for younginflavor18
younginflavor18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 younginflavor18
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I would have to say the Super Nintendo is the best Nintendo console that I have ever played because of Mode 7 in certain video games that featured that ability such as Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, F-Zero, Stunt Race FX, Killer Instinct, & Super Castlevania IV with specific boss battles.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

The N64 has my most memorable experiences and i started with the NES. Sure it did not have a whole lot of great games but the ones it did have make up for that because they where game changers. Once the N64 came out I had no reason to play psx, also mine broke just after the N64 came out. I really like the SNES but back then I did not enjoy those rpg's like I do now.

Napajeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Napajeni

Heh....what a funny and sore little moddy. Anyway....

juboner said:

The N64 has my most memorable experiences and i started with the NES. Sure it did not have a whole lot of great games but the ones it did have make up for that because they where game changers. Once the N64 came out I had no reason to play psx, also mine broke just after the N64 came out. I really like the SNES but back then I did not enjoy those rpg's like I do now.

This is funny. I can't remember but....maybe five games, first party titles at that, that were actually worth remembering and playing on the N64 vs. the countless franchises and games on the PS1. Let's not pretend that the PS1 didn't completely obliterate the N64. The N64 was merely what the Dream Cast was to Sega - poorly executed and unexplored potential.