Support the WII U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

asixjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By asixjo
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Support the Wii U, we can't lose another great gaming console company. Stop trolling and think about Nintendo for once.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

We can't support what we don't want. So far there are only 3 games I want on the WiiU. SSB, Sonic Lost World, and Sonic Boom. I'm still waiting on Star Fox and Metroid to claw out of their graves.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Yea tell Nintendo that! Nintendo! support your Wii U. :p

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@asixjo: why support the Wii U when Nintendo don't support it.

There's a shortage in their first party games, as we're still waiting for smash brothers, metroid, zelda and a pokemon game as minimum.

A couple more new 1st party games and some kind of effort to get some 3rd party developers on board would help too

However Nintendo are dragging there feet with this, so if they don't support the Wii U you can't expect consumers to.

Napajeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Napajeni
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

So....how many of you will actually get suckered in by this spam bot's obvious trolling? Let's see how many victims have there been so far, and will be in the near future.....only time will tell.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

this is the nintendo forum....everyone here supports nintendo...

make this thread in system wars or game discussion section.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

It is Nintendo's imputis to sell their product to the customer. The customer owes Nintendo nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@superbuuman said:

Yea tell Nintendo that! Nintendo! support your Wii U. :p

Yeah lol

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
@mwright469 said:

- Keep making games in the SAME TWO SERIES over and over with almost no differences in hopes of cashing in on nostalgia and brand recognition

Mario

Zelda

Pokemon

Animal crossing

Pikmin

Fire emblem

Donkey kong

Smash bros.

Yeah only 2 franchises my ass

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

@mwright469 said:

L O L

Support Nintendo, because we don't want to lose a great game company? Wow, because a company that basically fucks its customers in the ass, deserves our sympathy? Here's a list of some of Nintendo's recent "great" choices:

- Sell a console roughly as powerful as an Xbox 360/Playstation 3 for twice the price, 7 years after the other two were already out.

- Sever ties with major third party publishers, ensuring that many great multiplatform games will never come to Nintendo consoles.

- Keep making games in the SAME TWO SERIES over and over with almost no differences in hopes of cashing in on nostalgia and brand recognition.

- Effectively end support of "hardcore" games, instead appealing to a childish market.

- Overprice the **** out of all accessories as well as physical and downloadable games.

- Refuse to change to an adapting market and include actual worthwhile features in their systems, like decent online play.

- Re-releasing games like Windwaker for the WiiU, which looks almost no different, instead of working on something original.

- Making the WiiU controller....

- Making the Wii controller.....

- Re-releasing the Gamecube as the Wii.

I could go on, but with each bullet point, I grow more depressed at how Nintendo has slumped.

We need to let the dying dog lay to rest. Nintendo is very sick and needs to go to sleep. Sleep Nintendo, sleep.....Sleep.....

How does Nintendo "f" it's customers?? I disagree with a majority of your reasoning. Nintendo has been giving me free games and credit for the eshop the past year. They are giving me a free full release game with Mario Kart. They do a lot of good for it's loyal consumers. I understand if your not a fan of Nintendo/the product, but your clearly 100% over nintendo, which is fine. But why Troll the Nintendo thread??

Anyways.. Where i disagree...

Sell a console comparable to Xbox 360/PS3 7 years after those systems came out.... Did 360 or PS3 come out with a gamepad with their consoles.... NO... which is why the price is higher.

break ties with 3rd party.... more like 3rd party publishers broke from nintendo due to lack of sales.

Re-making games like Mario.... maybe it's bc people want those types of games?

End support for hardcore gamers... It's not like nintendo is hiding their marketing strategy. We all know it's a family friendly console. It's been that way for a very long time. If i want to play Dark Souls... i'll play it on a PS.

Overprice accessories.... Umm you can re-use all your old Wii equipment (cant do that with PS4/XB1) and then pricing on buying new is at the most = to the other two companies.

Re-releasing Zelda.... No one forced you to buy the game.

Making Wii U gamepad/Wii Controllers.... So because they are original and unique, that's bad? Again, people know it's a family friendly gimmick system.

So what would make you happy is if Nintendo was exactly like their competition, released the SAME 3rd party hardcore games, with a traditional controller? I think you need to better understand the concept of nintendo and how they are producing a "fun family oriented product" A lot of this is common sense i'd say.The Wii U isn't for everyone.

But I can completely agree with Why support the Wii U, if Nintendo doesn't. I get that mindset. I like to think they are trying...

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GordanChoong
Member since 2014 • 227 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

this is the nintendo forum....everyone here supports nintendo...

make this thread in system wars or game discussion section.

LOL, imagine a moderator just comes here and locks this thread.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

More like Nintendo support me. Come out with games that matter, build an operating system that I like, or an online service with online games.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I don't mind Nintendo making more Mario and Zelda but they've played it safe for too long. Always with new ideas but they backpaddle and use it in an old franchise

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

@mwright469 said:

L O L

Support Nintendo, because we don't want to lose a great game company? Wow, because a company that basically fucks its customers in the ass, deserves our sympathy? Here's a list of some of Nintendo's recent "great" choices:

- Sell a console roughly as powerful as an Xbox 360/Playstation 3 for twice the price, 7 years after the other two were already out.

- Sever ties with major third party publishers, ensuring that many great multiplatform games will never come to Nintendo consoles.

- Keep making games in the SAME TWO SERIES over and over with almost no differences in hopes of cashing in on nostalgia and brand recognition.

- Effectively end support of "hardcore" games, instead appealing to a childish market.

- Overprice the **** out of all accessories as well as physical and downloadable games.

- Refuse to change to an adapting market and include actual worthwhile features in their systems, like decent online play.

- Re-releasing games like Windwaker for the WiiU, which looks almost no different, instead of working on something original.

- Making the WiiU controller....

- Making the Wii controller.....

- Re-releasing the Gamecube as the Wii.

I could go on, but with each bullet point, I grow more depressed at how Nintendo has slumped.

We need to let the dying dog lay to rest. Nintendo is very sick and needs to go to sleep. Sleep Nintendo, sleep.....Sleep.....

How does Nintendo "f" it's customers?? I disagree with a majority of your reasoning. Nintendo has been giving me free games and credit for the eshop the past year. They are giving me a free full release game with Mario Kart. They do a lot of good for it's loyal consumers. I understand if your not a fan of Nintendo/the product, but your clearly 100% over nintendo, which is fine. But why Troll the Nintendo thread??

Anyways.. Where i disagree...

Sell a console comparable to Xbox 360/PS3 7 years after those systems came out.... Did 360 or PS3 come out with a gamepad with their consoles.... NO... which is why the price is higher.

break ties with 3rd party.... more like 3rd party publishers broke from nintendo due to lack of sales.

Re-making games like Mario.... maybe it's bc people want those types of games?

End support for hardcore gamers... It's not like nintendo is hiding their marketing strategy. We all know it's a family friendly console. It's been that way for a very long time. If i want to play Dark Souls... i'll play it on a PS.

Overprice accessories.... Umm you can re-use all your old Wii equipment (cant do that with PS4/XB1) and then pricing on buying new is at the most = to the other two companies.

Re-releasing Zelda.... No one forced you to buy the game.

Making Wii U gamepad/Wii Controllers.... So because they are original and unique, that's bad? Again, people know it's a family friendly gimmick system.

So what would make you happy is if Nintendo was exactly like their competition, released the SAME 3rd party hardcore games, with a traditional controller? I think you need to better understand the concept of nintendo and how they are producing a "fun family oriented product" A lot of this is common sense i'd say.The Wii U isn't for everyone.

But I can completely agree with Why support the Wii U, if Nintendo doesn't. I get that mindset. I like to think they are trying...

I don't agree with mwright's anti Nintendo ways but, he does have some solid points. I personally think that if Nintendo actually went backwards and brought a more traditional controller back, it would attract a lot more gamers and would probably even attract a lot of 3rd party developers. Sometimes moving backwards is moving forward. I would be so down to play a Nintendo console with a Gamecube-like controller.

The Wii accessories getting their prices pushed back up again after what, 7 years(?) and STILL being sold individually instead of a bundle is just a poor business decision. No one wants to buy a Wii remote and then have to look for a nunchuck that is also priced in its 20's. That is such a turn off. I don't even have a Wii U and buy these things to play my Wii. Seeing brand new prices on older accessories just makes me want to disconnect my Wii and stuff it in a closet.

Re-releasing older games in HD has been the thing to do for quite sometime now. It DOES get old when you expect to hear about a new game but ends up being a remake instead though.

The Mario clones etc. is something that gets old as well. I wouldn't be complaining about this if Nintendo had more games coming out though. Since not enough games are coming out in between, there isn't enough time to make you think, "I miss the side scrolling Mario games" or "I miss (insert 1st party game here) games". Take Mega Man and Castlevania for example. If you bought a bunch of their games in a short amount of time in between, you're going to feel like you're playing the same damn game you were playing before it. Why? Because technically, they are the same games. Just different stages and minor upgrades, lol.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:
@mwright469 said:

- Keep making games in the SAME TWO SERIES over and over with almost no differences in hopes of cashing in on nostalgia and brand recognition

Mario

Zelda

Pokemon

Animal crossing

Pikmin

Fire emblem

Donkey kong

Smash bros.

Yeah only 2 franchises my ass

why do Nintendo defenders do this, only Mario and Zelda are the two big franchises people really care about on that list. Pokemon possibly but not on console as the console pokemon are normally weird spin offs and not the proper game like on handhelds.

So please stop scarping the barrel to make their first party list look as impressive as possible

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@thehig1: scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Smash brothers, possibly the most hyped wii u game is scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Never mind all the other IP's under Nintendo'a belt. Saying they're not as big as mario and zelda is one thing, but trying to ignore their existence is asinine