Super Metroid Wall Jump room

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by spike6958 (5079 posts) -

Is there another way out of the Wall Jump room in Super Metroid? I've been stuck in here now for about 4 hours, and looking online I read that there is a way back without the Wall Jump, but I can't see anything. Is it BS, or is there a way out because I could do it with ease on the SNES, but with the Wii U gamepad wall jumping is impossible.

#2 Posted by JordanElek (18119 posts) -

It's not impossible. I originally had to do it with a keyboard.... Just fiddle with it till you get it right.

#3 Posted by KBFloYd (14672 posts) -

lol i spent hours too..but i did get it.

#4 Edited by spike6958 (5079 posts) -

@KBFloYd: I gave up. I can wall jump with ease on the SNES, but here I think it's partly the size of the Wii U Gamepad, the D-Pad is further in and larger than it's SNES counterpart that rocking my thumb back fast enough to do it just doesn't seem possible. I've been looking up and some people seem adamant that there is a way out that doesn't require Wall Jumping, but none say how, and I've seen nothing in the area that would confirm it to be true.

#5 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

I have always used wall-jumping even if it takes quite a while to get it right.

All I can do is wish you good luck and patience. Don't give up!

#6 Edited by KBFloYd (14672 posts) -

@spike6958 said:

@KBFloYd: I gave up. I can wall jump with ease on the SNES, but here I think it's partly the size of the Wii U Gamepad, the D-Pad is further in and larger than it's SNES counterpart that rocking my thumb back fast enough to do it just doesn't seem possible. I've been looking up and some people seem adamant that there is a way out that doesn't require Wall Jumping, but none say how, and I've seen nothing in the area that would confirm it to be true.

i think there is no other way out...when i played it on snes i couldnt find a way out...

why dont you try to reach halfway then use the save pause feature to save it....then try to finish the rest...like cheating.

#7 Edited by nini200 (10503 posts) -

Are you using the analog? I can wall jump on Super Metroid with ease on the Gamepad, SNES Dpad & Classic Controller Dpad. I've noticed no difference in the difficulty.

#8 Posted by Litchie (16656 posts) -

Hm. Weird. Just keep in mind to press the direction button a little bit before the jump button. Works for me every time.

#9 Posted by Grieverr (2770 posts) -

Hmm... I've had issues with other games and the game pad. There must be some lag or something. My biggest offender is Super Mario Bros. I'm sure you all know of the many times you have to press jump while running. Well, there are many times I press the A button and Mario just keeps running down a hole or into an enemy.

It's also killing my timing in Punch-Out.

#10 Edited by Litchie (16656 posts) -

@Grieverr said:

Hmm... I've had issues with other games and the game pad. There must be some lag or something. My biggest offender is Super Mario Bros. I'm sure you all know of the many times you have to press jump while running. Well, there are many times I press the A button and Mario just keeps running down a hole or into an enemy.

It's also killing my timing in Punch-Out.

Well.. that sucks. That makes the gameplay in such games completely broken.

#11 Edited by JordanElek (18119 posts) -

@Grieverr said:

Hmm... I've had issues with other games and the game pad. There must be some lag or something. My biggest offender is Super Mario Bros. I'm sure you all know of the many times you have to press jump while running. Well, there are many times I press the A button and Mario just keeps running down a hole or into an enemy.

It's also killing my timing in Punch-Out.

I had those same issues on the NES, though. And the N64... Turok was a terrible offender.

The gamepad has one frame of lag, according to a Rayman Legends developer. I haven't had any issues with input lag except in NES Remix. I think older games just weren't optimized for that kind of thing. The jumping in several of those games is absolutely terrible.

#12 Edited by Grieverr (2770 posts) -

@JordanElek said:

I had those same issues on the NES, though. And the N64... Turok was a terrible offender.

The gamepad has one frame of lag, according to a Rayman Legends developer. I haven't had any issues with input lag except in NES Remix. I think older games just weren't optimized for that kind of thing. The jumping in several of those games is absolutely terrible.

I don't remember those issues in the NES. I had my timing down in Mario to jumping at certain times while holding the B button to run. An example would be the level where you're running on the bridge and the cheep-cheeps are flying up from below. There are segments where the bridge cuts out and you have to jump on platforms. I could get through those levels, running, without stopping. On the game pad, I keep falling off the bridge and dying.

And with Punch Out, I didn't have many issues avoiding Mike Tyson's punches at the beginning of the first round. Playing now on the game pad, I can't make it past 1 minute.

I'm having similar issues on NES Remix.

#13 Posted by JordanElek (18119 posts) -

@Grieverr said:

@JordanElek said:

I had those same issues on the NES, though. And the N64... Turok was a terrible offender.

The gamepad has one frame of lag, according to a Rayman Legends developer. I haven't had any issues with input lag except in NES Remix. I think older games just weren't optimized for that kind of thing. The jumping in several of those games is absolutely terrible.

I don't remember those issues in the NES. I had my timing down in Mario to jumping at certain times while holding the B button to run. An example would be the level where you're running on the bridge and the cheep-cheeps are flying up from below. There are segments where the bridge cuts out and you have to jump on platforms. I could get through those levels, running, without stopping. On the game pad, I keep falling off the bridge and dying.

And with Punch Out, I didn't have many issues avoiding Mike Tyson's punches at the beginning of the first round. Playing now on the game pad, I can't make it past 1 minute.

I'm having similar issues on NES Remix.

But we got used to it on the NES. We can get used to it on the WiiU. That cheep-cheep level is an autorun trial in NES Remix, and I had the timing absolutely perfect after only a few runs.

You're probably right that the delay is slightly more on the WiiU than on the NES, but it's not drastic enough that we can't adapt.