Super Mario RPG DS remake

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darth_Nater307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Darth_Nater307
Member since 2008 • 924 Posts
I've heard rumors that they're making a remake of this classic on the DS. I would really like it if this game was confirmed. Also, I've heard more rumors that there will be cameos from Final Fantasy VII characters. I think that's pretty cool. I mean, for me anyways, the likes of Cloud, Vincent, Tifa, Yuffie, Barret, & Cid having cameos in a Mario game would be pretty cool (for me anyway). Am I the only one who thinks this? Also, if this topic belongs in a certain thread, I'm sorry.
Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

I've heard rumors that they're making a remake of this classic on the DS. I would really like it if this game was confirmed. Also, I've heard more rumors that there will be cameos from Final Fantasy VII characters. I think that's pretty cool. I mean, for me anyways, the likes of Cloud, Vincent, Tifa, Yuffie, Barret, & Cid having cameos in a Mario game would be pretty cool (for me anyway). Am I the only one who thinks this? Also, if this topic belongs in a certain thread, I'm sorry.Darth_Nater307

After it's release on Japan's VC, a DS port seems very unlikely.

I, for one, think that arbitrarily throwing some FF characters into Mario RPG would be down right disastrous. There's absolutely no way Square would make a mistake that big.

hameh93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 hameh93
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

Well a boss from Final Fantasy II does make an apperance in the original one for the super nintendo so that could be possible but I do not think it will come ut for the Ds since it dd come out for the VC in Japan its only matter of time until it comes out here.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Well a boss from Final Fantasy II does make an apperance in the original one for the super nintendo so that could be possible but I do not think it will come ut for the Ds since it dd come out for the VC in Japan its only matter of time until it comes out here.

hameh93
Culex wasn't from any Final Fantasy, let alone II or IV. It simply played IV's boss music when you fought him.
Crows55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Crows55
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth_Nater307"]I've heard rumors that they're making a remake of this classic on the DS. I would really like it if this game was confirmed. Also, I've heard more rumors that there will be cameos from Final Fantasy VII characters. I think that's pretty cool. I mean, for me anyways, the likes of Cloud, Vincent, Tifa, Yuffie, Barret, & Cid having cameos in a Mario game would be pretty cool (for me anyway). Am I the only one who thinks this? Also, if this topic belongs in a certain thread, I'm sorry.Hells_Hammer

I, for one, think that arbitrarily throwing some FF characters into Mario RPG would be down right disastrous. There's absolutely no way Square would make a mistake that big.

They did it for mario hoops 3 on 3 didn't they??

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts
is this the same super mario rpg the one for super nintendo with the 7 stars if so sweet, i didnt get a hance to get it for snes hopes its true
katie667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 katie667
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts

i hope they do but....it will be alot of money!!!

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts
It worked for Mario Hoops because they used mages and a cactuar. I really don't want to see Avalanche coming in and throwing fuel to an already overhyped fire.
SawFan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SawFan4Life
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts

This has been rumored over and over again.

I would love to see it happen because SMRPG: LOTSS is my Favorite RPG.

I've got my hopes up to many times so from now on, I'll believe it when I see it.

Which if it is coming out will most likely be shown at E3.

*holds breath*

TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

It would be great to see it, i'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Oh, and no... I would not like to see Avalanche in this game. Also... it pains me how many people hype over Final Fantasy VII's cast, and don't take the time to experience the greatness that is the rest of the series. Final Fantasy VII isn't the only Final Fantasy game you know... and it's certainly not the best.

macho_c_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 macho_c_a
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts

It would be great to see it, i'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Oh, and no... I would not like to see Avalanche in this game. Also... it pains me how many people hype over Final Fantasy VII's cast, and don't take the time to experience the greatness that is the rest of the series. Final Fantasy VII isn't the only Final Fantasy game you know... and it's certainly not the best.

TrueProphecy22

yup, FFX is the best

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
[QUOTE="Hells_Hammer"]

[QUOTE="Darth_Nater307"]I've heard rumors that they're making a remake of this classic on the DS. I would really like it if this game was confirmed. Also, I've heard more rumors that there will be cameos from Final Fantasy VII characters. I think that's pretty cool. I mean, for me anyways, the likes of Cloud, Vincent, Tifa, Yuffie, Barret, & Cid having cameos in a Mario game would be pretty cool (for me anyway). Am I the only one who thinks this? Also, if this topic belongs in a certain thread, I'm sorry.Crows55

They did it for mario hoops 3 on 3 didn't they??

Good call. But, I was referring to Mario RPG specifically.

What I mean is, even square knows altering SMRPG, in any way, would be a mistake.

death_godlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 death_godlet
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

SMRPG was AWESOME on it's own. If Square throws in AVALANCHE, I am banging my head against the wall repeatedly. That's just going too far. I LOVED FF7 and the way they keep throwing it around just seems so... disrespectful. It was an AWESOME game on it's own. Now, they're just treating it like a cash cow. There's FF7 everywhere! Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a breakfast cereal or a shaving cream line.

...If they release ShinRa brand shampoo and use Sephiroth as a model, I'm just gonna die laughing. XDXDXD