spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

So with Super Mario Maker releasing this week (and some of us getting it early), I thought it would be good to set up a thread where we could all share our levels with each other to play.

So to start here is the very first level I built in SMM.

Piranha Plant Panic!: A25C-0000-000F-A359

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

lol unfortunately the rest of us don't have it. And that sounds like a DKC level title.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

This will be good to know, i cant wait to play peoples levels. Ill be joining in late September since i bought it as a birthday present, but will be sweet when the time comes.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Bookmarked! (in the loosest of terms)

When I post mine, I expected a 500-word review from each an every one of you (@spike6958, @Sepewrath, @mesome713, and gang) for each and every one of my levels. Don't disappoint me.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@elheber: Thats something i didnt think about, will be fun to talk about each others levels on the forums. I have a few level ideals written down, not much, but just enough to get started in the editor and test stuff out.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Awesome! Great idea for a thread. Can't wait to participate in this on launch day.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 elheber
@mesome713 said:

Thats something i didnt think about, will be fun to talk about each others levels on the forums. I have a few level ideals written down, not much, but just enough to get started in the editor and test stuff out.

Oh yah, I'm got a few sketches in my head that I can build on day 1. I'm going to focus on puzzle elements myself. And as soon as I get path options (I forgot what day) I'm going to make a type of level I've dreamed of for years.

I'm speaking to everyone here now: I'll do my part in playing each an every level that gets posted here. If you guys put in the effort to make them, I'm damn well going to put in the effort to beat them.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Created two more levels. There not great, more just me messing about with the level editor and experimenting with stuff than anything else.

Cheep-Cannon Cavern: D8BA-0000-000F-B998

King Boo's Fire House: 415D-0000-0011-E033

Once I've done some more time traveling and unlock everything, I'll look to actually make some big, interesting, levels.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sepewrath

I put up my first course using only the first set of tools, I haven't unlocked everything with the new patched method. So I'm just doing it with the time trick code is

E202-0000-001A-36AF

Jump for your life

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

I've decided to do a complete world creation with the spaces they have given you. So that mean's i will upload 4 levels at a time with. They are going to be similarly themed with the same game style, with 2 overworld levels, 1 special level (water, underground, aiship, ect) and a castle level as the finale. i shuld have them uploaded and posted tomorrow.

@spike6958 said:

So with Super Mario Maker releasing this week (and some of us getting it early), I thought it would be good to set up a thread where we could all share our levels with each other to play.

So to start here is the very first level I built in SMM.

Piranha Plant Panic!: A25C-0000-000F-A359

oh shit! i just saw this level, browsing though the courses. i'll be sure to check it out.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#13 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I'll definitely check out some levels here. Only got to mess around for a couple hours after work this evening, but I tried a round of 100-Mario Challenge, 10-Mario Challenge, and messed around with the introductory level then built my own level. It's not a difficult level, and I still only have the basic tools, but I'm happy with it as my first level.

"Cracked Egg" - C1DD-OOOO-OO1C-14F2

makemario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 makemario
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

Hi !!

I create a profil to share a level .

this is my second level that i create.

name : "Tarzan", the level is middle difficult.

ID : 7E8E-0000-001E-67DF

Good Game :)

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elheber

I played all the ones posted here and all the ones by @spike6958 that even weren't posted. Spike, I liked your shorter levels more than your longer ones. There's some "unfair" difficulty like putting a low ceiling right next to a koopa you need to stomp or the middle part of the water level.

@Sepewrath your level was the most frustrating of all levels I played today. I died at least 80 times trying to beat it up until I found I was doing the last part wrong (I was trying to jump through the gap in the last wall) and when I figured it out I died like 10 more times before beating it. The most frustrating thing about that level was how often the game forced you to slow down when you're trying to speed run it... specifically the low ceiling at the start and the staircase in the middle which grind the gameplay to a halt.

@Zassimick your level was my favorite by far. It was spacious, open, and had lots of different paths to take. I made one level before playing yours and after playing yours I started working on a second one now inspired by the scale of your stage.

I finished and uploaded one level but I'm waiting to finish the second (or third one) before I share them together since they're to be played as a sort of "set" around the theme of koopa shells. I'll share as soon as they're done. Thank you guys for sharing.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

When you guys have a chance, please check these out and leave me feedback. It would be appreciated.

Super Swim Bros

Code: 2E0F - 0000-0017-269C

The Princess is Near

5C27-0000-001F-ED87

Star Run (most challenging)

EEA8- 0000--0016-B91B

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By trugs26

Got the game today. Here is my first level:

Shell Jump: Easy
2CA4-0000-001C-E1FD

Shell Jump: Normal
DE8B-0000-001C-E45D

Shell Jump: Expert
CA54-0000-001C-E8F0

I recommend doing Normal if you consider yourself an decent Mario player. Otherwise, choose easy or expert accordingly.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sepewrath

@elheber: Yeah the point of my level is to screw with timing. The game level never grinds to a halt, but at points require to slow the pace down. Like the last part, if you go in and try to go at the same speed you were just going, 95% chance your not going to make it. I always enjoyed the Mario levels like that. I'm working on an auto scroll level right now, where different measures of timing is necessary, cant simply run jump, run jump.

On a side not, how do you use the pipes to make sub world, got a notification that I can use it now, but I don't see how. Will play the other levels posted here later.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

@isturbo1984: Hope you post this in the IGN board too. :)

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sepewrath

Did an upgrade of the level I posted here, Jump for your life 2.0, I think the design is much better fitting of the theme now. There are two ways to finish the stage.

9C7B-0000-0022-F542

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 isturbo1984

@Elaisse said:

@isturbo1984: Hope you post this in the IGN board too. :)

oh, hey. sup, Elaisse.

sure thing. touched up the first two levels. its taken some time. i dont know if i will get levels 1-3 and 1-4 (castle) finished by today like i had thought. i'll try. might be late in the PM tho.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sepewrath

Played Cheep Cannon Cavern, a good overall design, but some of the timing can be cheap.

King Boo's Fire House- I liked it, my only issue is some of the enemy placement requires doing awkward lures to get them out of the way if your sans a power up.

Cracked Egg--I liked the little hidden power up aclove and the multi path approach to the goal, nice level. Will try the rest of the posted ones later today.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I've made two levels so far:

Mushroom Chaser: CC3D-0000-0014-AFEE

Wall Hugger: EA0F-0000-0025-9BAA

Neither of them seem too difficult, but the clear percentages are extremely low.... They may just be bad levels, I don't know.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

I created a level. The real test for Super Mario Maker-if I can do it anyone can. I only have the minimal tools unlocked, and it is a very basic level. I should probably lower the clock time, but I don't know how to do that yet. Pumpkin Patch Course ID: A798-0000-0027-21DC. Hurrah, I am a game developer now! Let me know what you think.

I will be sure to play some of the courses posted here, and let you know what I think.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By elheber

6DE6-0000-001D-361F

Once you've got the hang of it, this one is the real level: 822A-0000-0027-371C

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elheber

@makemario I beat yours on the 5th try! The beginning feels a little unfair, but I think I like the way you do it so that it lets people know what type of level it is. As soon as you can start running it feels much easier. I wonder what one of those stages would be like if it were only vines.

@The-Butcher248 I think you should make the water maze larger and more spacious. You swim too slowly in 1-high gaps. I liked the Princess is Near the most. I couldn't tell if you were supposed to use the bullet bills for the last jump or if it was possible to do that jump without it.

It give me an idea: what if you made a level with a bullet bill right at the beginning, and you needed to keep it traveling on your screen so it doesn't disappear because you need to jump on it at the very end of the stage?

Star ride lost its challenge after I realized I could just steal the clouds but that was fun nonetheless.

@trugs26 I loved your short and sweet stages. They were short enough that they remind me of Super Meat Boy type of levels, but with less death.

The picture of your stage scares me, @Sepewrath. Just looking at the picture makes me know it's going to take me a long time. Yours will not be the first stage I try but not complete, and that long path at the top makes me suspicious that you hid a secret (easy) way of beating it because it's actually impossible. Remove that thing and I'll play it.

@JordanElek The mushroom chaser was neat. I loved all the ways of cheesing your obstacles (like passing under all the trampolines near the start). Definitely the most unique I've played today. For some reason after I beat it the game didn't give me the option to leave a comment. That was wierd, but yeah, it was very good. I gotta go somewhere as we speak so I won't get a chance to play the other until another day.

I'll do the rest tomorrow. Good shit, peeps.

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

Here is my first level, love to know what you guys think of it

Name: Just Keep Flyin! v. 2

ID: 9D92-0000-0027-C583

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sepewrath

Played Super Swim Bros, the Blooper were a little annoying until I found the fire flower.

The Princess is near was pretty good, I took the alternate path

Star Run was more about the clouds than the stars I think and was the easiest of your three stages.

Beat shell jump on expert, barely got the goal pole, but I made it lol.

Jordan your major problem Mushroom chaser, is its way to easy to knock the mushroom back in the other direction and then you end up stuck. I don't know if those mushrooms at the end were suppose to function as a fail safe, but at least from my experience, its not possible to get any of them so you can finish the stage.

Wall Hugger is good, is there an alternate path or something? Because when I dropped on the flagpole I saw a trampoline and trail of cones

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 trugs26

Ok this is my first "real" level.

"Trugs 1-2: Underground Bounce"
Code: 1753-0000-0029-7488

I wish there was a "share with friends" option, so we can play test each other levels before uploading publicly. I had to delete a level which had a few stars on it because I had to make some minor (but necessary) adjustments to it.

Also, I have a "Master Class" version of the Shell Jump stage for those who are interested:
BECF-0000-0027-9D62

@elheber Thanks for playing and commenting! I played yours too. I love the shell logic. Your levels would particularly benefit from checkpoints though. Hopefully Nintendo patches them in.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sepewrath

@elheber: Stage is actually not long, shouldn't take more than a minute to beat. The pipe at the top is a sub world alternate route starring Yoshi. Both ways are beatable, I was sure to beat it both ways on multiple tries before uploading.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 elheber

@trugs26: I found that my first stage (the easy one) only has a 5% completion rate! I asked my 9yo nephew to play it and he got stuck at the last puzzle. He was doing it wrong, trying to jump into the 1-high gap instead of trying to solve the puzzle with his brain... Then I realized that this must be how other players are trying to beat it!

I need to redesign it in a way that either can't be attempted with skill, or in a way that gives the players a better hint at how to solve it. My bad, guys.

KzerXtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KzerXtreme
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

This is a great topic, for a great game. If anyone wants to try my first level, it is 0D7E-0000-0029-B07A

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JordanElek

@Sepewrath said:

Jordan your major problem Mushroom chaser, is its way to easy to knock the mushroom back in the other direction and then you end up stuck. I don't know if those mushrooms at the end were suppose to function as a fail safe, but at least from my experience, its not possible to get any of them so you can finish the stage.

Wall Hugger is good, is there an alternate path or something? Because when I dropped on the flagpole I saw a trampoline and trail of cones

There is an alternate path below that requires some precise jumping.

With Mushroom Chaser, I wanted a stage where dying wasn't the only real fail state, so the whole gimmick of that level is to avoid knocking the mushroom backwards. But if you do, I set up several ways to knock it back in the right direction, including a trampoline behind the starting point if you get desperate. Also, there is a mushroom at the end that is definitely possible to get in case you miss the one that falls, but it requires timing and is impossible to get if you hit the blocks in the wrong order, so it's more of a second-try kind of thing and is really only there to reward people who find it and think they're so clever for bypassing the main mushroom.

Thanks for the feedback!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JordanElek

@elheber said:

@trugs26: I found that my first stage (the easy one) only has a 5% completion rate! I asked my 9yo nephew to play it and he got stuck at the last puzzle. He was doing it wrong, trying to jump into the 1-high gap instead of trying to solve the puzzle with his brain... Then I realized that this must be how other players are trying to beat it!

I need to redesign it in a way that either can't be attempted with skill, or in a way that gives the players a better hint at how to solve it. My bad, guys.

I think a lot of people must just pass instantly on levels that aren't incredibly easy to beat. It's revealing that the most popular courses seem to be the auto-playing ones. I've been trying to finish all of the levels that seem to have been made with care rather than an attempt to throw as many random enemies on screen at once. If a level has at least one clever idea that I think someone else would enjoy playing, I'll give it a star.

I also wonder if people fully grasp the star system yet. It could be misunderstood as a favoriting system rather than as a way to let other players know which courses are worth playing.

superstarsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 superstarsnake

Hello everyone! I just got the game and have been looking around for a group/forum that shares levels, and I've found this one :D Anyways I love the idea of have topic so a conversation can actually be struck up about the levels rather than just leaving comments. I can't wait to start playing your guy's levels!

in the meantime while I download and play a level, here is my first level. Please feel free to critique it. It might be a bit challenging for some people, so feel free to download it and play at your leisure. It's separated into 3 distinct sections that connect fluently. The gameplay is fairly linear, but does involve some backtracking and thinking. As far as aesthetics go I put quite some time into making the level look like you were part of a story rather than the generic emptiness that the original games had. Also I tried to encapsulate two endings, one where you fail to stop bowser and watch the destruction he left behind (sadly you don't reach the official ending), and the other (slightly harder) ending where you defeat bowser and save the inhabitants of toad town. If you have any questions I'll definitely be willing to answer them.

C572-0000-002A-8840

Redstar2613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Redstar2613
Member since 2015 • 37 Posts

Reverse Nostalgia E546-0000-002A-E56C

This is just a basic idea I had before the game came out. If you want any kind of challenge, don't bother with this one. It's just for a bit of fun.

Short and Sweet Underground A1F9-0000-002F-11EB

My second level where things get more interesting/challenging

Springs and Spiny's 22FB-0000-002F-2E80

Now this one even gives me trouble sometimes.

None of these are expertly difficult or anything, I'm trying to start off easier and get harder as I make more levels, like a real Mario game.

Nellyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nellyson
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts

Samus Level

I am pretty proud of this level I created B1F2-0000-0027-0A49 I was limited by items at the time but I feel I was fair and it has some replay value too because there are 2 endings to the level. I also give a peek into the next levels boss which I will make when I unlock warp tubes.

Shinzuya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shinzuya

2B53-0000-0021-61DF ,,The Final Escape,, (Very Hard)

New Super Mario Bros. U

C76D-0000-0013-0713 ,,NSMB DS 1-1 Remastered,, (Normal)

Super Mario World

E384-0000-0018-346A ,,NSMB DS 1-2 Remastered (Hard),,

Super Mario World

F588-0000-0012-2A85 ,,Star Run,, (Normal)

New Super Mario Bros. U

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#40 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I think this is a great topic I will play some of these and add mine later.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chocolate1325

Mine are

HELLO EVERYONE ID: DD67 0000 0027 53DF

Whole water trouble ID: 1F01 0000 002D 4D5E

Don'T GET THOWPED ID: 5ECB 0000 0030 71ED

Check them out and leave a comment if you want.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

I have played some of your levels today fellow gamers. I am really impressed with the amount of things you have unlocked in such a short time, and your ability to use the items. I will say that some of you have made some pretty sadistic courses, and I have played all that I can take today, lol! I am getting the impression that the goal is to make a game that only you, the course creator, can beat. Courses that I played were Piranha Plant Panic!-Spike 6958; Jump for Your Life- Sepewrath; unnamed-Makemario; The Princess is Near- The-Butcher248; and Shell Jump-Trugs26. Some thoughts that come to mind: Your mother had no idea when she said there would be days like these, Unplayable, Slim chance to none, Almost impossible, and Very difficult. I searched for Cracked Egg by Zassimick but could not find it.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JordanElek

I made an easier level to see if more people will actually finish it.

Follow the Money: 27F7-0000-0032-7B23

I find myself leaning into the idea that there should be a higher-skill path that's really fun to play but won't kill you if you mess up. Instead, you end up in a lower-skill path that's still fun to get through. It's tough to plan for all the ways someone can screw up, though. I guess having kill data is useful for that once enough people have played.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 isturbo1984

Finally completed my world. Very proud of it. Just a few notes... it was designed to be tough, but not sadistically hard. I tried to avoid the spastic objects, but I do have some slight craziness going on. Levels aimed to be "organic" and natural with what you would expect from a traditional mario setting. Level 1 is an overworld level. Level 2 is another overworld level. Level 3 is an underground level. And the finale, Level 4, is a Castle level. Each level scales in difficulty. Very passable imo, but it might be tougher for someone not familiar with mario. Warning on the final level, the Caslte... it might be pretty difficult. Comparable to your standard World 8 castle in any given mario game.

isturbo1984'sGrass Land:

(play them in order for full effect)

Grass Land 1 - 1: 76D6 - 0000 - 0022 - DCC6

Grass Land 1 - 2: ABE2 - 0000 - 002A - 6722

Grass Land 1 - 3 (Underground): D436 - 0000 - 0030 - A1D4

Grass Land 1- 4 (Castle): FD50 - 0000 - 0033 - 0394

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

My newest creation!

Title: It's Rainin Koopas and Goombas!

ID: 9503-0000-0033-5DBE

I would love to receive some feedback, and I'll return the favor!

JustinLourenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46 JustinLourenco
Member since 2014 • 28 Posts

A9DE 0000 0025 E017

I have a couple more:

Easier level: 946A 0000 0031 53B9

And a much more challenging but fair level:

0FCB - 0000 - 0027 0A1F

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chocolate1325

I shall hopefully be making another 1 or 2 tomorrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Hey folks, I have a couple that I would love it if you checked out.

Shipyard Shuffle: FE4A-0000-0034-0CE0

Junior's Door: 825A-0000-002A-B114

Wall Jump Piranha Party!: C0EF-0000-0023-8940

Koopa Kavern: 2D79-0000-0024-0737

The only one I tried to make particularly hard was Wall Jump. But please, leave a comment on Miiverse or reply here, let me know what you guys think..

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JordanElek

If any of you played my Mushroom Chaser level, I updated it with changes based on feedback and kill data:

Mushroom Chaser: E9EB-0000-0034-5499

Should be easier, fewer surprise enemies, a bit more spaced out.

I watched my brother play my levels and that helped quite a bit. It's awesome getting a little peek into what game designers go through.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JordanElek

@darkspineslayer: I just played through all the ones you've uploaded. They're all really good. Nice work!