Strange Problems With My Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bf2_Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bf2_Elite
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Recently, my Wii has been acting up, making a weird clicking noise, followed by an error message saying there was a problem... This started happening just after I bought Medal of Honor Heroes 2. Up until now, I have had no problems with the Wii. What is even stranger about this problem is that it only seems to affect three games: Medal of Honor, Wii Sports, and Mario Galaxy. All of the other games work just fine. The problem initially occured with MoH, and then spread to Galaxy and then to Wii Sports. At this point, I have no idea whether or not there is a problem with my Wii or just with these three games. Can anyone help me out?
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
The first thing you should do is tell us the nature of this problem. What happens after the error message? Second, remember the error code and search it on Google or Yahoo. If you can't find a fix for it, call Nintendo.
Bf2_Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bf2_Elite
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Alright, I put the Wii disc in, then wait a few seconds. Everything seems normal, then the clicking starts. It goes on for about fifteen seconds and then this error message pops up:

An error has occured. Press the eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii operations manual for troubleshooting.

In the manual, it tells me to clean the disc off, which I did, then to check to see if the game is compatible with my version of the wii, it is. After the error message, I just turn off the Wii after removing the game. As I said before, this has not happened with any other games other than the three above.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Before taking further action, check if the MOH, Wii Sports, and SMG CDs are scratched.

And My Wii broke about 4 months after launch. Sent it to Nintendo and they fixed it in about a week. (free ofcourse)

agentspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 agentspin
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

same thing happens to me, but discovered the problem, if u live somewhere where its cold since its winter, the wii well sorta freeze from the inside and when u put in a game disc, it will struggle a little to read the disc, which results in making that wierd clicking noise, you probably have to eject the disc maybe becuae the wii is too cold to read. you can solve this problem really easily if you have internet on your wii. first you dont play your wii for at least 5-6 hours(i know it sounds a lot but trust me its worth the wait), see the thing is if you turn it on the the fan will turn on and that results in making your wii even colder. second, put your wii in stand by mode(when the power light is orange not red nor green) and wait those 5-6 hours i said earlier. third, after waiting, depending if your wii is placed horizontal or vertical, place your hand on the bottom of your wii(the square side not the rectangle side) and try to see if you feel any heat, if you feel heat then turn on our wii and load a game disc, it should work without making that noise and then your wii will run smoothly.

you see, stand by mode uses energy which means it can heat up your wii from the inside and "defrost" your disc reader and it wont have the struggle of reading ur disc and stops the clicking noise.

this problem will most likely continue during thewinter but it should be cleared up once the cold days are gone.

if you dont have internet on ur wii, try t get internet on it by buy the usb connector or take it to a friends house who has wireless internet, and connect ur wii then you should be able to go to thewiiconnect24 settings and turn onstand by mode, then take it back to ur house and when u turn it off, thepower light should turn orange and that means that its on stand by mode.

if you need more details on how to solve the problem orif your confused justPM me

jroony96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 jroony96
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts
Hopefully it doesnt get too bad, I have a co-worker whos wii would not eject the game. I have started hearing about problems with the wii, maybe because they are trying to rush them out? Who knows.
knighthwk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 knighthwk001
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts
it depends, did u buy one right when they came out? if so, it just might not be able to read moh, causing corrupt data in the other 2. i would call nintendo, i did. they will give u a new one if u send them yours. if u still have warranty. to get ur data transferred from that wii to another, if u get the new one from nintendo, u buy an sd card, and transfer ur game saves onto it, then when new wii comes, download info from sd card to ur wii, wa-la, u got a new wii for free, and kept ur memory.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
My Wii clicks but doesn't give me an error and through much research I've found the clicking is the laser inside moving around to read the disk. If you hear massive amounts of clicking it means its trying to move around. The time I hear it most is when it needs to load a lot like in MP3. Wii sports doesn't need much loading though so that's not it. Now when you turn it off are you turning it into standby mode of off. I'd unplug it and wait a few minutes. One time my wii was doing something weird (don't remember what. long time ago) and I unplugged it for 10 minutes. Boom worked again