bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I was thinking about this. I was going to buy Splatoon on physical disc because it would be nice to have around. But then I got to thinking that its a relatively small download, and it seems like a waste because most of the things you'll be getting for it in future updates will be digital anyway. The extra maps, gear, and modes all come later. Its most likely not locked on the disc so the very basic of basic will be on the disc. I'm leaning towards digital now. What do you guys think? Will you end up going digital or will you still buy physical even though it will be the bare bones stuff?

DigitalNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DigitalNoodle
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts

I bought a 2 TB external hard drive so I will be downloading it.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bunchanumbers

@DigitalNoodle said:

I bought a 2 TB external hard drive so I will be downloading it.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. My external will be fine with it and the updates will add up to a bigger size anyway. Plus I'd be kidding myself if I'm thinking that I'll be selling Splatoon. It would be safer if I just got the download.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Im going Physical i think. Although i agree that Digital is the superior version, i just cant pass on an opportunity to get the case and disc for it. I love PC Digital games, but the old timer in me still catches myself trying to buy Physical PC games. Im hoping someone can find a solution to this where we can get both. To me its Art, i like to have it so people can see it if i want them to. I understand you can show them in better forms now, but i still like the physical form, its more immersive for me right now.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#5 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

physical all the way for me

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

I got almost no memory left on my Wii U, so downloading it is not an option, gotta have room for Fast Racing Neo later this year, and that 8GB of update/patches for Xenoblade Chronicles X....got no clue how I'm going to manage to get all that. I don't even have that much downloaded on my Wii U. (No interest in buying an external harddrive. Physical is always better anyway.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I buy physical. Sure the DLC is digital, but doesn't really mean anything.

Also, I intend to get the Amiibo bundle.

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

I have to get physical because I just have the core system with an 8GB memory stick, the updates will probably fill what's left of it as it is.

Oh well, the life of a student. (Not that I buy digital when physical is available anyway)

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I see no reason to go physical since it's under 3GB in size, plus today's games rarely have game manuals so all you're getting is a disc and an art box.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

physical > digital

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Going digital.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bunchanumbers

Well after much debate I decided to go digital. I'm predownloading as I type this. In the end, since it won't be all that big of a download, it just wouldn't be that big of a dealbreaker vs a disc. Plus since it will be on my external it will save wear and tear on my disc drive, which is starting to become a concern for the long term health of my console. I'll end up playing this game so much that I'd prefer it on the external and not spinning away in the drive. It makes me wish I went digital with MK8. When Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out I do plan on getting that on disc however. That and downloading all the patches and putting that on the external.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#13 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

If I get it, I'm definitely getting it on disc.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

I always buy games physical.
Kinda bummed that I some games like Pikmin 3 and NES Remix digital, but I got them for free so yeah...

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'll never buy digital copies while physical still exist.

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts

I'm torn...I really like the box art for the game and would like physical for that reason (plus if I hate it, which is highly unlikely, I can always sell it)...at the same time, I have ~$22 left from an eShop gift card that someone gave me, so I could essentially get the game for $38 if I go digital.

In the end, I'm leaning towards physical since I could always use the eShop money towards Splatoon DLC (if there's any paid DLC), but I haven't made up my mind yet.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i'm getting digital...its nintendo's premier online shooter...it's something to play an hour of every day like call duty and battlefield.

i don't need to be swapping discs....should be on my hdd for whenever i need it.

MKFlame7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 MKFlame7
Member since 2015 • 28 Posts

I'm going physical, just feels good to have a game in my collection and it actually gives stores like EB Games a chance and it feels more special to go and get the game then download it.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bunchanumbers

@mkflame7 said:

I'm going physical, just feels good to have a game in my collection and it actually gives stores like EB Games a chance and it feels more special to go and get the game then download it.

I used to think that too, but the nearest game that will sell the Wii U games I want are a 120+ mile drive. Either that or order through Amazon and get prime, pay for faster delivery, or wait a week. And it doesn't have the same charm. Its just not worth it for me.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

@mkflame7 said:

Ya, I feel like having the collection feels better than a hard drive, especially with the wii u stock hard drives you have to even go out and get another one and you can only hold so many if you plan to get a lot of games