Sonic To Nintendo but Sega lost Mario in the mail?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SmashyCut (81 posts) -
Does Anybody have any idea why Sonic games are on nintendo but PS2, PS3 and PSP have nothing to do with Mario.
#2 Posted by wiretoss (3030 posts) -
Whaa?
#3 Posted by toadster101 (12622 posts) -
wat
#4 Posted by Jaysonguy (38059 posts) -

Sega no longer makes consoles so the games go to all platforms

Nintendo makes consoles so the king of video gaming is only on Nintendo's platform

#5 Posted by The_Pig_Hostage (3702 posts) -
wtf
#6 Posted by Rocky32189 (8996 posts) -

Sega is a third party developer. They don't make systems anymore so they make games for every console.

If you can't figure out why Mario isn't on the PS3, I just don't know what to say.

#7 Posted by Power_Wrist (269 posts) -

Sega, I believe, signed an agreement with nintendo to only release their trite, repetitive games for Nintendo consoles.

But I have no idea what you're asking.

#8 Posted by dmil1991 (1016 posts) -
Third-party publisher
#9 Posted by 1337_lost_souls (1315 posts) -
wait, read the title then the first post, you make it seem like psp, ps2 and ps3 are sega. if anything it would be a mario game on a sega system, which aren't made anymore.
#10 Posted by TheLordRagnarok (1076 posts) -
Because Nintendo have a console and Sega doesn't. If Sega were still in the console race, Sonic would still be on their consoles.
#11 Posted by lilarchie232 (223 posts) -
Sega is a third party devoloper, so they devolop games for all systems. While Nintendo and Sony both have consoles out, and are both first party devolopers. So, Nintendo is only going to want games with Mario to be on their Console since they own him, and only devolop for their system. Why would they help their Competition?
#12 Posted by ECG_24 (1653 posts) -
lol wut.
#13 Posted by radicalplace (2010 posts) -

TC, Sega and Sony are two different companies. Sony is a console company that owns the PSP, PS3 and PS2. While Sega is a game developer who make Sonic games. Hopefully I'm putting this easy.

And yes other posters, I do know Sony do more then videogame consoles but I'm trying to put it in simple wording.

#14 Posted by theycallmeryan (7222 posts) -
What?
#15 Posted by k_smoove (11954 posts) -
The fail is strong with this one.
#16 Posted by doctores143 (3014 posts) -
Way back when the xbox and ps2 came out sega was losing sales like crazy so they stopped making consoles and started making sonic games for mostly nintendo. Thats why sonic adventure 2 battle is one of the earlest gamecube games.
#17 Posted by Arclight_Blue (2830 posts) -

Does Anybody have any idea why Sonic games are on nintendo but PS2, PS3 and PSP have nothing to do with Mario.SmashyCut

Ive got 3 words for you:

#18 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -
...Because nintendo doesn't make games for their competition...
#19 Posted by Jdog30 (4512 posts) -
play station has nothing to do with mario because nintendo would never let them have any mario games. Sonic is on nintendo because sega let nintendo have soinic games.
#20 Posted by lolag (2370 posts) -

20 yrs ago

Mario said I'll stick with Nintendo since they got all the money.
Sonic said I'll stick with Sega cuz the share the first same letter and they have all the money too.

Sega and Nintendo were playing and they put over 80% of their money in a bet. Both confident enough that they will win.Sega lost and now reduced now to trying to make money they can, on all the other platforms. Nintendo own Mario now, so mario can't go sneaking into xbox or playstation or mario gets hurt.

(hopefully you can understand this)