Sonic Boom & other 3DS game flops are why the 3ds will be...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

In my opinion, these four games (hyrule warriors, paper mario 3ds, sonic boom, fire emblem awakening) are the worse in the franchise for their respective series. Not to mention 3ds didnt get a new resident evil revelations and it had the horrible mercenaries. The 3ds eshop could be bigger than what it is to include gba and ds titles and n64 titles. i heard about mario 64 coming to 3ds, but havent seen it yet. There is way too much deviation from their main series. On top of that now there is Legend of Zelda Triforce Heroes and Metroid Prime Federation Force. I think with these ungreat titles that the 3ds will soon be on it's way out for the NX to replace it.

The highlights of the 3ds is Super Mario 3d Land, Link between Two Worlds, Animal Crossing, Pokemon X and Y, Kid Icarus Uprising, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, mario kart 7, kirby triple deluxe, bravely default, and monster hunter ultimate.

By now on the DS we had Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. We had Starfox and Metroid and several great Mario games.

Is it just me or is 2016 the 3ds's last great year with early 2017 being the year the NX replaces both the 3ds and Wii U? I'm guessing the new Zelda will be on NX and Wii U like Twilight princess was on gamecube and wii. 2013, 2014, and 2015 being the best years for the 3ds as launch and it's end seems to not have the best titles.

I am also thinking the NX is really a tablet if Nintendo will have their own tablet exclusive games with only nintendo apps on android and OS.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Call me skeptical but I can not believe the two Sonic games on the Wii U are the epitome of crap as suggested by some out there. Part of me can not believe they are THAT bad.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

What four games?

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pacific90

@garywood69 said:

What four games?

whoops, edited lol

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

You thought Fire Emblem Awakening was the worst in the series?

And also, what series are you counting Hyrule Warriors as being the worst in?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Fire Emblem Awakening?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Solaryellow: Neither of them are as bad as Sonic '06, though Boom does give it a run for its money.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Solaryellow

I've wanted to play the first Sonic on the Wii U for quite sometime but I'm apprehensive paying $29.99 when the consensus seems to be that it is crap and when I think of crap, Castlevania 64 and Superman 64 are the first games coming to mind. The Sonic game (name escapes me ATM) didn't look terrible from game play videos.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

@pacific90 said:

are the worse in the franchise for their respective series

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Call me skeptical but I can not believe the two Sonic games on the Wii U are the epitome of crap as suggested by some out there. Part of me can not believe they are THAT bad.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Solaryellow: I think you're talking about Lost World. It's not horrible. Just terribly mediocre and a big step back from Generations. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it if I were you. Maybe you'll come across a used copy.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Solaryellow

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@Solaryellow: I think you're talking about Lost World. It's not horrible. Just terribly mediocre and a big step back from Generations. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it if I were you. Maybe you'll come across a used copy.

That's the game but I'm not expecting a high caliber game like we had during the infancy stages of Sonic on the Genesis.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

The 3DS has great games. The 3DS will be on its out, because its near the end of its life span. Its been out for like 5 years.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pacific90

Yes I think Fire Emblem Awakening is the worse in the FE series. And yes Im counting hyrule warriors apart of the LoZ series and the worse. Fire emblem on GBA, gc, and wii were were much better.