Some questions about some Wii-U Launch games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FPS1337 (2517 posts) -

Hey there was a rumor that Assasins Creed 3 and Batman Arkham City runs in 1080p and 60 FPS on the Wii-U. I wonder if anyone can confirm this now the console is released. We know that Zombi-U runs in 1080p, and in my opinion it looks really good. IGN said the graphics weren't that good, but in my opinion its just a way better looking Left 4 Dead 2. It has some advanced effects especially with lighting. Anyways I don't know how many people will be able to completely confirm this unless they have both versions and have a larger TV.

Also games like Black Ops 2, Assasins Creed 3 and Batman Arkham City have 3D options on the 360 and PS3, are they available for the Wii-U version? That would be pretty awesome if 3D features snuck into the launch, and since I have a 3DTV it would be nice to have 3D content right from the get go.

Right now I have New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, ZombiU and Darksiders 2. I haven't played Nintendo Land, but I love the other 3 games so far.

#2 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1300 posts) -

I too would like to know this. I also heard darksiders II was also running in 1080p way back, does it look any bit sharper than the 360/ps3 version. i already seen a video of Black Ops 2 and while not 1080p, it's definately clearer than the PS3 version it was compared too.

Basically I would like to get AC3 on the Wii-U, but if theres no updates, higher framerate or resolution, I might spring for the PS3 version since it will be 35 bucks on Black Friday and I have all the older AC games on PS3.

#3 Posted by FPS1337 (2517 posts) -

I too would like to know this. I also heard darksiders II was also running in 1080p way back, does it look any bit sharper than the 360/ps3 version. i already seen a video of Black Ops 2 and while not 1080p, it's definately clearer than the PS3 version it was compared too.

Basically I would like to get AC3 on the Wii-U, but if theres no updates, higher framerate or resolution, I might spring for the PS3 version since it will be 35 bucks on Black Friday and I have all the older AC games on PS3.

ryangcnx-2

I haven't played the Xbox 360, PS3 or PC version of Darksiders 2, so sadly I'm not sure. The game on Wii looks very sharp though, and I play on a 59 inch plasma screen TV. I wouldn't be completely surprised if Darksiders 2 ran at 1080p on the Wii-U since the game itself isn't a super graphically intensive, but at the same time Vigil Games said they were gonna focus on the gameplay rather then the graphics. I would really like to know for sure, maybe a quick email to Vigil Games and Ubisoft Montreal could fix this. I think Arkham City is 1080p on Wii-U though because the frame rate is apparently lower, and from the comparison video I felt that the Wii-U version looks noticeably sharper with a few more jaggies, while the PS3 version is more smoothed out. An increase in resolution would definitely account for this. Also Ubisoft confirmed ZombiU was in 1080p, so making games in native 1080p on the Wii-U may be a priority for them. Sadly there aren't too many reviews for the Wii-U ports yet, but hopefully more comparison videos will be released. So far from what I've seen, the Wii-U looks better in every graphics comparison, despite Arkham City having some Wii-U glitches. I still wonder if the Wii-U has 3D in its games.

Edit:

Hey I managed to find this when looking up Darksiders 2 Wii-U stuff.http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xv3u31/darksiders-ii-wii-u-preview-interview

He says, "Graphics are superior, they're awesome." This may not mean its 1080p, and I guess he could have just mispoken, but I think its likely the Wii-U version looks better. I find the game looks really sharp and really nice.

#4 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1300 posts) -

That would make sense, as far as I know darksiders 1 doesn't use AA, so I'm not sure if 2 doesn't as well. But if it seems sharper that could indicate that.

It's just wierd, at last e3 it was all the talk that third party games were running in 1080p and nintendos would be 720p. Now all of a sudden theres not a single peep about anything about what resolution they run at.

I'll probobly end up getting them all on Wii-U just because it's newer, but I just want a concrete answer lol, I've been scouring the internet and can't find anything newer than June/July about 1080p and such.