So It's Already Set? Nintendo's Online Service Outdated At Launch?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Sonic racing has no voice chat on wiiu but it does in ps3 and Xbox.. Does wiiu not support party chat ?
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]Has anyone seen any new nintendo branded headsets? The only ones I see from turtle beach and very plain and looks like crap somepared to the xbox and PS3 headsets. :( I hope they come out with much nicer models. Jaysonguy

PDP announced that their Afterglow Headset works on the Wii U.

PDP resonds to Nintendo's Wireless Online Chat

"Afterglow wireless headsets are compatible with Wii U. If the game chat utilizes the USB port of the Wii U console then the AG headset can receive the chat audio wirelessly. If the chat audio is directed through the 3.5mm audio jack on the Wii U pad then user can plug in the provided chat/game audio cable. It depends on how the game / chat audio is designed." - PDP rep

In other words nothing

1. Nintendo hasn't said that voice chat can be run through the USB.

2. If it's through the gamepad you have a 3 hour timer until you have to stop playing.

You do realize you can charge the remote while playing, right? Oh wait, I forgot you're just a troll.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

2. If it's through the gamepad you have a 3 hour timer until you have to stop playing.

Toxic-Seahorse
You do realize you can charge the remote while playing, right? Oh wait, I forgot you're just a troll.

And the three-hour number is meant for when you're playing with the gamepad. You know, when the screen is actually on and doing things. If all you're using the gamepad for is voice chat, then the screen won't be on and it won't be sending any signals other than voice, so I have a feeling that the battery life would last several times longer than three hours.... More like ten hours or something.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

Just gonna post what I posted in the system wars topic:

This SHOULD bother me, but you know what...it doesn't

when the 360 first came out, XBL was incredible and my time online while using mics was great and met alot of cool people...but now it's either no one uses a mic or if they do they are just screaming into it because you did something that THEY thought was wrong....even if it's by total accident you get chewed the **** out by some bro-ass gamer who takes multiplayer way too seriously

so yea...guess what, the internet has made mics completely usless because...well, it's the internet

GOOD JOB INTERNET!

could care less

Katsumic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Katsumic
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts

The whole microphone / party chat situation doesn't bother me - I really dislike using a microphone on Xbox multiplayer anyway.

What I am concerned about is online Multiplayer. Nintendo is so far behind compared to Xbox and PS3. I would love to have an online super mario game, etc. Oh.. and I'm assuming they aren't using friend codes for the Wii U... please? :\

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
good thing i have no plans on using a headset. never have, eve\n in my 2 years of playing competitively on pc and definitely won't for a console which i'll most likely only play for single player games or local multiplayer games.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Personally I dont use voice chat myself but it sucks its a hoop to jump through. I do enjoy ingame text chat. I hope that typing messages is offered and easy to use while playing a game.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

My guess is Nintendo could write a voice chat update and release it later on anyway.

I do agree that it is a weak move on Nintendo's part to omit a robust voice chat system for the Wii U. However, this is no deal breaker for me.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#59 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

And here I thought Nintendo had learned a couple of things about online gaming this gen.