Smt devil summoner, soul hackers is one heck of a game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for JYoungin20years
JYoungin20years

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JYoungin20years
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts

Has anyone played this game? I haven't even played it for an hour and I already love it.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I still need to get into SMTIV. I haven't played soul Hackers.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

I have played it for about 10 hours and would agree that it is a nice game. Being a novice to all things SMT, it has been an overall positive experience, although I find the tactics regarding demons (placement in battle formation, optimal time to use them, the various stats about them) to be rather complex. When I get back to that game (gotta love university), I hope I will become better accustomed with the various stats.

slapshakle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 slapshakle
Member since 2004 • 4410 Posts

I bought it a while ago but haven't had a chance to play it yet. It seems like the kind of game that'll be hard to track down in about a year or so. I've only ever seen 1 copy sitting on a store shelf.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

I was talked into getting it by a GameStop employee, we were discussing when I had to order Fire Emblem Awakening to my home by mail because all the stores were sold out of it that people need to get 3DS JRPGs (because they sell less) when they come out or they're increasingly hard to get in stores, so he said check out Soul Hackers and if I liked what I saw maybe see about pre-ordering it, so I did my research, it was an SMT game and I liked other SMT games so I thought "hell, why not".

I'm glad I did get it because I really enjoyed it, and I had no idea it was actually a re-release of a much old game, though I just though they were using an old gameplay style, but it was fun. I also really enjoyed Shin Megami Tensei 4. I've yet to finish SMT: Devil Survivor though, though I'm glad I got a hold of the 3DS version with full voice acting, I want to finish it because I hear Atlus is bringing Devil Survivor 2 to the 3DS will full voice acting, at least in Japan (fingers crossed for US release).

Still, I have to remember to get and/or pre-order JRPGs when they come out. Luckily people weren't into Project X Zone, that's at least good for me because I got a copy, but it's a damn fine game I can't believe people didn't pick it up.

Also, I've lately tried getting a hold of Rune Factory 4, and Etrian Odyssey IV and Untold: The Millennium Girl, all of which were really hard to come by since GameStop didn't order any new inventory of those, I got them all at once just so I don't have to hunt them down later. I'm sure I probably could have found copies elsewhere, but I've trade credit I'm trying to get rid of. I don't think I'll have issues finding copies of games between Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Kmart, Fry's, and such, I'm done with GameStop though, unless I have to look for used.

I still want to get SMT: Strange Journey for the 3DS, they have it used at some GameStop's around here, like $12 or something. It's in the same style as Soul Hackers, that first person dungeon crawl kind of RPG, but with the familiar SMT demons, and in space(!).

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

^ Sorry but Strange Journey is on the DS and does not take place in space I can promise you that. lol

Avatar image for JYoungin20years
JYoungin20years

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JYoungin20years
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts

The story in this game is well done.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#8  Edited By logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I absolutely loved Soul Hackers. It takes a lot of fooling around to figure out how everything works but that's all part of the appeal, ultimately. I get the feeling it was pretty old school even when it was released originally on Saturn. For what it's worth, I liked it a bunch better than SMT IV, which was good but I thought Soul Hackers was much more engaging overall.

I am getting to be on something of an Atlus kick now. I am playing Millenium Girl now and will probably move on to another Atlus game really soon. Can't decide between Etrian Odyssey IV, Devil Survivor Overclocked or maybe Persona IV over on Vita.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#9  Edited By logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I absolutely loved Soul Hackers (*point to avatar*). It takes a lot of fooling around to figure out how everything works but that's all part of the appeal, ultimately. I get the feeling it was pretty old school even when it was released originally on Saturn. For what it's worth, I liked it a bunch better than SMT IV, which was good but I thought Soul Hackers was much more engaging overall.

I am getting to be on something of an Atlus kick now. I am playing Millenium Girl now and will probably move on to another Atlus game really soon. Can't decide between Etrian Odyssey IV, Devil Survivor Overclocked or maybe Persona IV on Vita.