Should i sell my Nintendo Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gigan_1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Gigan_1994

Poll Should i sell my Nintendo Wii U? (37 votes)

I would not recommend it 76%
Without a doubt, sell it. 14%
Other...(a comment stating said choice would be greatly appreciated) 11%

Hello there,

As you have probably derived from the title i am giving consideration in to putting my Wii U up for sale. This is because i have barely used the system since January of this year and no (known) titles that are stated for release in the foreseeable future interest me (with the exception of X, Hyrule Warriors and possibly Zelda U)

If i did sell said system then i would be using this money towards parts for a gaming PC which i plan to commence building in the foreseeable future.

Many Thanks to those who contribute to the poll.

And as always ---------->

• 
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I have a question for you: Why did you buy one in the first place?

If you sell your Wii U, you can get money for that PC but overall, you'll be wasting more money if you decide to buy one again because not only did you buy a second Wii U, you also sold one for a used price. It seems like you may want to keep it for X, Hyrule Warriors and Zelda U. They may reveal something else that could interest you during E3. If you want that gaming PC immediately, go ahead and sell it, but I don't recommend it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

why not makde this thread in the general gamming forum?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/

no one here will tell you to sell your wiiu except jasonguy.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

#3 GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

Why sell it now?

All the good games are coming out or have come out now!

Hold on to it and enjoy it!

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dennysinny
Member since 2013 • 296 Posts

no wait for super smash bros

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@KBFloYd@gigan_1994

I agree, the General Gaming Forum would be better for this. The games you're interested in aren't that far off. You might as well keep it, at least until you play the games you want.

Gigan_1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gigan_1994
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

Thank you all for your contribution and @KBFloYd@YearoftheSnake5 i have moved this post to the general games discussion forum under the following URL

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/should-i-sell-my-nintendo-wii-u-31312255/

@ANIMEguy10034 I purchased the Wii U last year as i was very interested in the Gamepad and what it could add to my current gaming experiences e.g. off tv play. However many of the games that i was interested in between early this year and the current day have 'skipped' in the Wii in favor of other consoles and a few of the titles that i am looking forward to that are set to release in the foreseeable future also appear to be following the same strategy.

@dennysinny I am looking at purchasing Smash Bros but for the 3ds as i feel that i use this system more often.

@GH05T-666 When you mention 'all the good games' which upcoming titles are you making reference to. Perhaps you know of some titles that are not known to me or i am unaware of their impending release.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

At least wait until after E3. We'll get some announcements next week, hopefully the new Zelda, and some other stuff, if after the show you still don't want the system then sell it on. No point keeping a system you won't want.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

If you don't have money for everything sell it, the Wii U is a dead console.

If you can afford to keep the Wii U and still do everything you want keep it. There's going to be Smash Bros and chances are they wont screw it up as badly as they did Mario Kart and then there's going to be a few more games along the way you may want to play.

You always lose when you sell a console, some people can't afford (literally) to lose like that. If you can afford it then move on.

Gigan_1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gigan_1994

Thank you all to those who have contributed to this poll.

After much careful consideration i have decided that the best decision would be to sell my Wii U or put it into storage for a few years. This is because many of the games that were show at E3 (except Bayonetta 2) did not interest me or then were not to my liking. e.g. I was hoping that Zelda U would have a somewhat realistic art style that would be similar to Twilight Princess and a somewhat dark story line like Majora's Mask. However it unfortunately looks to be very similar to Skyward Sword which is my least favorite art style to date. However i will still have a 3ds to play the modern Nintendo exclusives.

My plan as of current is to keep the Wii U until Bayonetta 2 comes out, play and complete the game and then sell it privately in order to maximize return.

Happy Gaming

Gigan

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@gigan_1994: Unfortunate, yet understandable. If you don't care for Nintendo's exclusives, there is no reason to own a Wii U. (For gaming anyway)

It's sad, but that's the truth. That being said, I hope you find some other games your interested in on the other systems.

PS: When it comes to Zelda games, I think the gameplay is a bit more important than the art style.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

good luck bro...

thank you for sharing your experience with us.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

You're asking on a Nintendo forum? Something tells me you're just looking for validation of a choice you've already made.

Keep it. Did you see that Zelda trailer?

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

Lol "Yes/No" would've been a bit clearer!

No, don't sell it. It looks like Nintendo are gonna make quite an effort to turn it around.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

What games have you tried on the system? I highly recommend playing Pikmin 3 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Those two games are just about as perfect as it gets.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

funny, because Im thinking about buying one now. It has a lot of good games, and some games on the VC that I missed when I was younger.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

Honestly, right now I am finding a lot more appeal in my Wii U than I am my PS4.

ail_taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#19 ail_taco
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

the decision is yours.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

I think it was a given that the Wii U would have a drip-drop release schedule.

The next Nintendo console will likely be released in 2017 going by the Wii's U recent predecessor launch dates so there's still room for some major titles to be released and I don't mean the obvious ones which we're more or less all aware of.

The choice is up to you, but I've always regretted getting rid of systems so I wouldn't recommend it. If there's just one great game that comes out, you'll feel bad and you might even end up buying the console again which is a waste of money too.

I'm bored with my PS4 right now so I decided to get a Wii U. I won't be selling it though as I know it has a bright future. It's still in its infancy. The Wii U still has a ways to go. I've learned to never buy a Nintendo system at launch. Although the PS4 lacks games currently, I thoroughly enjoyed Second Son and I haven't owned a console since the PS2 and the N64 before that so I think I'm excused =P.

All of the following are good reasons to keep your Wii U, in my opinion:

Zelda U

Star Fox

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Yoshi's Wooly World

Tengami

Wooden Sen'SeY

Affordable Space Adventures

Super Smash Bros

A Hat in Time

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm not big on selling my machines. In fact, I've never traded in a gaming system before. I wouldn't do it.

Do what you got to do though.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

Also, I don't think the money gained from selling your Wii U will be that helpful in building a decent gaming rig. If that's a long term project of yours then you might as well keep your Wii U and take your time in saving up cash.

Gigan_1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gigan_1994

Hi everyone. I thought I would update you on the result of this topic.

Earlier this month I sold my Wii U to a friend for about the same price I paid for the system. I also built the computer approximately a fortnight ago and am really enjoying what it has to offer (Twilight Princess in HD FTW). Still in regards to the points made above I have not abandoned Nintendo in it's entirety as I still posses a 3DS XL and already have my copy of Pokemon pre-ordered. I may pick the system up again at the very end of it's life cycle like I did with the Wii but a heavy emphasis on the work may. I was unsure about whether to rid myself of it before but the risk of being stuck with a £200+ paperweight was one influence factor. At the end of the day I decided to sell it because of a lack of prospective games and a lack of time/increasing backlog. Since purchasing the computer my primary console (PS3) has seen little to no use and my Wii U has been sitting in storage since January of this year. Therefore I wanted to give someone else the opportunity to use it as if I kept it it probably would not have seen any use for a few years and without proper maintenance the battery would have most likely have died and some of the main console components may have ceased to function.

If any moderators wish to lock this thread from future discussion as the question has already been resolved I have no objections

happy gaming

-Gigan1994

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Ok well you are happy with your decision, I don't blame you. I got bored with Nintendo consoles having sold my Wii a long time ago.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

You should keep your Wii U. You mentioned 2 games you are wanting to play, at the very least enjoy those 2 game. But keep saving for your gaming PC. If you sell your Wii U console you will not get much for it. This will have no impact on getting a gaming PC. New Wii U cost $299.99 you won't get very much for a used Wii U. It is better to keep it and play those games you want. A keep saving for a gaming PC which will run you $1000.00-$1600.00 for a decent PC which will last you a while. But you will have the Wii U to play while you save up.

It will help pass the time, until you can get your PC and also keep the Wii U as your secondary game machine as many people have done.