Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem crossover

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Most random thing ever? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5-EIzDtKo I love Fire Emblem and like Shin Megami Tensei but how can this work? The two are so different from each other.

#2 Posted by Minishdriveby (10445 posts) -
It's interesting and it'll be nice to have a fire emblem game on the wii-u, but I'm so tired of this cross series fad.
#3 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Professor Layton and Phoenic Wright was ONE thing because the protagonists are kind of alike and you have to solve things in both series but this.

#4 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Looking forward to it. I'm a fan of both series.

#5 Posted by yokofox33 (30336 posts) -

I'm excited to see what type of game it's going to be. I'm a bit more hyped for the SMT side of the game though.

#6 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Honestly I have only played Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. But I hope to get the two on the 3DS and put plenty of them on my PSP and DS and get what I can find for PS2 but wow they are pricy still.

#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (31309 posts) -

Two of my favorite franchises. Whatever they do I know I'll love it.

#8 Posted by Bubble_Man (3098 posts) -

It's interesting and it'll be nice to have a fire emblem game on the wii-u, but I'm so tired of this cross series fad.Minishdriveby

Me too. I'm also tired of SRPGs in general.

#9 Posted by nini200 (10499 posts) -

Looking forward to it. I'm a fan of both series.

Pixel-Perfect

This X 1,000,000

This is the bggest game announcement at the recent Nintendo Direct.

Wind Waker HD was cool and I'mma let you finish but this is one of the greatest crossups OF ALL TIME!!!

Shin Megami Tensei/Persona is one of my top favorite rpg franchises and Fire Emblem is quickly becoming one of my favorite Strategy games so the two of them combined is going to be EPIC!!

I can imagine it now:

Pascal and Skrimir (Beast form) Team Attack or versus

Sothe and Sho Team Attack or versus

Badb Catha and Neasala (Bird Form) Team Attack or versus

Baihu and Kyza (Beast Form) team Attack or versus

Demi Fiend and Sanaki Team Attack or Versus

and most of all (Not gonna happen but would make a very good surprise cameo)

Dante from DMC (Yes he was in Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne as a playable character) and Shinon Team Attack or Versus

This game easily is my most anticipated game this year. The Monolith soft game looks amazing though and I will be picking that up day 1 as well.

#10 Posted by nini200 (10499 posts) -

I'm excited to see what type of game it's going to be. I'm a bit more hyped for the SMT side of the game though.

yokofox33

It's confirmed as an RPG already. I wouldn't mind if they gave it the same treatment as Persona 4: Arena either by making it into a fighting game but it's a Rpg

#11 Posted by Jaysonguy (38041 posts) -

All of the 9 people who want it are extremely excited it's coming.

It's more of a fan service reward for fans of the SMT series and pairing it with the Fire Emblem franchise allows it to happen

#12 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I'm interested though I never played Shin Megami Tensei. I like Fire Emblem.

But somebody mentioned something that could make people mad if they implemented it.

Fire Emblem has Perma-death and some people in the Shin Megami Tensei series has instant death. So that could be horrible Instant Death + Permanent Death.

#13 Posted by nini200 (10499 posts) -

It's more of a fan service reward for fans of the SMT series and pairing it with the Fire Emblem franchise allows it to happen

Jaysonguy

Am I in the 9? And if so, which number am I my good fellow gamer?

Also, you have a choice, you can either have this, or Conduit 3. Make your choice. And you can't say Neither. :P

#14 Posted by Jaysonguy (38041 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

nini200

Also, you have a choice, you can either have this, or Conduit 3. Make your choice. And you can't say Neither. :P

You're 1 of course!

I don't think this has to sell well to make a point, I don't think this is meant as a "let's test the waters" I think it's more of a fan reward for the series.

#15 Posted by nini200 (10499 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

You're 1 of course!

I don't think this has to sell well to make a point, I don't think this is meant as a "let's test the waters" I think it's more of a fan reward for the series.

Why thank you for appointing me as number 1. Lol I can see it as a fan reward and I LOVE the idea of this crossover