Scared to buy a wii or a wii u which do I buy?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

i don't get it like

I want a nintendo console hooked up to my tv do i go with the wii u (which i hear horrible things about) or the wii (is it still supported?)

like i dunno what do i buy also should i get a 3ds or just chill on my money like i dunno what to buy from nintendo i wanna play nintendo stuff which system do i buy?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the wiiU plays all the wii games.

its like two consoles in one...no reason to get a wii anymore.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@KBFloYd: /thread

MiniProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MiniProphet
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

Hey ProtossX,

I personally suggest getting a Wii U, but it's all based on what you like. One reason being there are no more Wii games in production. Everything from this point forth is focused on Wii U and 3DS/2DS.

And don't mind the haters and nay sayers. The Wii U is a great system to have simply because the flexibility to play (with or without a tv) and the fun first-party titles. I'd suggest find out what games are available on both Wii U and 3DS, and based on the ones you like, you go with that particular system.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

ok but why are ppl saying bad things about wii u

tons of youtube videos of people saying the wii u is bad and nobody wants to use it and stuff or buy it

also my stores nobody is looking at wii u games its always xbox or ps games ppl are lookin at NEVER seen anyone in the wii u isle

so can you tell me why that is?

MiniProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MiniProphet
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

@ProtossX: The reason it's getting a bad rep is mostly due to the Xbox One's and PS4's superior hardware. And probably also because it's not getting much 3rd party support from other companies (Activision, EA, etc.). The sales to buy 3rd party games are much lower compared to the other two systems, and when those companies see that, they bail.

But, seriously, no one really gets a Nintendo system unless they are in it for the exclusive 1st party titles. It would be nice to have other companies pitch in and support the Wii U, but it's a business after all. Those companies want to go where the demand and money is. Sad but true.

Nevertheless, I love NIntendo. And they've been around long enough to know how to stay afloat. And when Smash and Hyrule Warriors come out, I'm sure sales will increase just as much, if not more, than when Mario Kart 8 surfaced.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'd say go for the Wii U. You get the new stuff and backwards compatibility gives you a huge catalog of games to choose from.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KBFloYd

@ProtossX said:

@KBFloYd said:

ok but why are ppl saying bad things about wii u

tons of youtube videos of people saying the wii u is bad and nobody wants to use it and stuff or buy it

also my stores nobody is looking at wii u games its always xbox or ps games ppl are lookin at NEVER seen anyone in the wii u isle

so can you tell me why that is?

people are trashing it because its only getting nintendo games....its not getting all the the 3rd party games that xbox and playstation get...like call of duty, madden, nba2k,assasins creed, batman, elder scrolls, Grand theft auto...etc..

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

The WiiU literally has a Wii inside it. If for some reason you believe the people who say the WiiU sucks (which it doesn't), you can have all the greatness of the Wii PLUS the awesome games on the WiiU if you get a WiiU. Getting a Wii at this point would be a huge mistake. Just get a WiiU.

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Serbine
Member since 2005 • 10934 Posts

@ProtossX: I'd say get the Wii U since it the lastest Nintendo home console, It can play the new Wii U games as well as all the old Wii games like Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, No More Heroes, Pandora's Tower, etc.

I know most would say forget about getting a Wii, but it not a bad idea to pick up one too, lately I been using my Wii to play Gamecube games recently finish Killer 7 'Wii play both Wii and Gamecube games', on the other hand could get a Gamecube instead of the Wii so it all up to you, though I'd probably say go with Wii on the off chance a family member wanna use the Wii U to play say Super Mario Galaxy, since you also got a Wii could play your No More Heroes there 'or vice versa'.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Wii U is the way to go. You can buy a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo for $200. A 1 year warranty and even comes with a game. I plan on ordering up one of these this weekend to compliment my WWHD model.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@ProtossX: Wii U.

The Original Wii is discontinued. Therefore, it will no longer be getting any new games...Outside of a few releases like Skylanders. (For some reason)

Wii U can play all of the games the original Wii can. I honestly don't see any good reason to buy a Wii over a Wii U.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@ProtossX said:

i don't get it like

I want a nintendo console hooked up to my tv do i go with the wii u (which i hear horrible things about) or the wii (is it still supported?)

like i dunno what do i buy also should i get a 3ds or just chill on my money like i dunno what to buy from nintendo i wanna play nintendo stuff which system do i buy?

Wii U all the way

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

sure theres a reason to get a Wii.

You can pick up a Wii in the UK in most shops used for about £20 or £30. Thats reason enough for £50 you could have a Wii and a handfull of games if you shop round some.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KBFloYd

@AzatiS said:

@ProtossX said:

i don't get it like

Wii U all the way

i dont believe my eyes...i might stop busting your chops from now on

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd

@thehig1 said:

@KBFloYd said:

You can pick up a Wii in the UK in most shops used for about £20 or £30. Thats reason enough for £50 you could have a Wii and a handfull of games if you shop round some.

but you will be limiting yourself to games only from years ago...

thats like telling people not to buy a ps4 but instead get a ps2 for 50 bucks.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Why would y ou be scared to buy a Wii or a Wii U console. A Wii Console is only $99.99 the Wii mini with a pack in game Mario Kart Wii, Wii games are dirt cheap right now at Gamestop/EB games. Many are $5.00 - $9.99 so this is a low cost investment.

Wii U is Nintendo's current console the cheapest version is the White Wii U 8GB Skylanders bundle which comes with 2 pack in games on disc. Nintendoland and Skylanders Giants with the figures/portal needed to play the game. For only $229.99 or sometimes even as low as $199.99 brand new. Plus it is backwards compatible with original Wii Games.

Either way Wii U or Wii consoles are cheap. Even cheaper if you buy used from Gamestop. Wii would be $50.00 and Wii U $179.99 for the White 8GB model with no games included.

Wii U is only $199.99 from the Nintendo online store it is the 32GB Black Wii U with Nintendoland game. Refurbished by Nintendo.

Get a Wii U is the best deal since you can play Wii games. Not need to have fear since you can have a Wii or Wii U console for $100.00 or $200.00

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

@ProtossX said:

i don't get it like

Wii U all the way

i dont believe my eyes...i might stop busting your chops from now on

!!! No dont , i like this drama and attention !

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thehig1

@KBFloYd said:

@thehig1 said:

@KBFloYd said:

50 bucks is steep for a ps2!!

What if you don't have £250 for a Wii U, but you have £50 spare cash to spend ?

Then the Wii will still offer great value for that money

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KBFloYd

@thehig1 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@thehig1 said:

@KBFloYd said:

so 50 dollars is steep but 50pounds is a great value?

ok.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thehig1

@KBFloYd said:

@thehig1 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@thehig1 said:

@KBFloYd said:

so 50 dollars is steep but 50pounds is a great value?

ok.

£50 or &50 is steep for a Ps2, in places like CEX they are priced between £15-£20.

£50 for a Wii I was factoring in some games for the system not just the unit, the unit its self is about £20 in a lot of shops in UK