RUMOR: Majora's Mask on Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demon-zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 demon-zer0
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

I don't know if it was posted (if yes than I am sorry), but I found a trailer which shows something that would convince me to buy Wii U afrer all.

Looks like a real deal to me

More info on the rumor

And something for fun - Someone must have been very high when making this video

Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Directed by Tim Burton.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

That has been stated to be fake.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
 ...one of my two least favorite zelda games
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

...one of my two least favorite zelda gamesrawsavon

It's probably my most favorite :)

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rawsavon
the amount of repetitiveness in MM and Wind Waker is astounding (for Zelda games). I mean I still beat them (they are Zelda games), but did not 'enjoy' either one...beat them more out of a sense of obligation I guess
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Doubt it. People would expect it to make full use of Wii U's graphical capabilties and well... They didn't even make full use of 3DS' capabilities with Ocarina of time because they didn't want to destroy the original style of the old game. No, if theres a majoras mask remake, it'll be on 3DS.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
oh Thank God it was just a rumor. Now that E3 is over, I can click these rumor threads now without anything being spoiled. :D Now, Nintendo needs to focus on NEW sequels instead of Zelda Remake after Zelda Remake. They need to be making New Uniracers, Stunt Race FX , Metroid, Zelda (no more remakes for Zelda for a while) Fzero, Fire Emblem, etc. I'm SOOO Glad this has been confirmed Bogus already
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Honestly I'd buy a Wii U for it, but if there is a remake, it's going to be on the 3DS. Plus the video title says "fan made' so no **** it's fake.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Seeing that trailer really got me excited for a zelda on the wii-u! That looked gorgeous.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#11 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] ...one of my two least favorite zelda gamestrugs26

It's probably my most favorite :)

Same here, I absolutely love Majora's Mask. I would have rather seen this get re-released than OoT.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
there's always fake majora rumors
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

This is fan stuff. Also, I would not like a remake of Majora, I would like a fully new Zelda in that vein.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

If there was an MM remake on WiiU that had HD graphics and more stuff to do, plus improvements on the flaws of the original (the save system mostly) I would walk into the store, buy the game, bring it home, open the case, completely cream myself, double over form the sheer awesomeness and not come out of my house for a week.

Although having it be on 3DS would be great too, since the best game of all time would be in portable form.

This is one of the few games where, if they released it simply with updated graphics, I would buy it full price.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

us Majora fans are a passionate group. There's lots of fan stuff around the game. I wouldn't be surprised if no other Zelda game came even close. The game is so haunting and dark. The characters are so rich. I find that the game also has a lot of flaws as well but those just make me want a sequel even more so they can make a game that's even better.

But, lots of gamers were crying over the difficulty and time limit so it seems like we'll never get a sequel. I've accepted that fact. This way I'll be pleasantly surprised if a sequel somehow does get made, rather than continually disappointed that the game isn't coming.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

If there was an MM remake on WiiU that had HD graphics and more stuff to do, plus improvements on the flaws of the original (the save system mostly) I would walk into the store, buy the game, bring it home, open the case, completely cream myself, double over form the sheer awesomeness and not come out of my house for a week.

Although having it be on 3DS would be great too, since the best game of all time would be in portable form.

This is one of the few games where, if they released it simply with updated graphics, I would buy it full price.

turtlethetaffer
True Super Metroid in a portable form would be simply awe-inspiring. :D
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I wish they would just remake it already so everyone would shut up about it, I will never understand the fascination with remaking old games that will receive little to no benefit from it, just replay the original.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

the amount of repetitiveness in MM and Wind Waker is astounding (for Zelda games). I mean I still beat them (they are Zelda games), but did not 'enjoy' either one...beat them more out of a sense of obligation I guessrawsavon

How the hell is MM repetitive?

THIS is what I am talking about! If they showed something as epic as that at E3, I would buy a WiiU day one. Though I would prefer a new epic Zelda game rather than a remake.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]the amount of repetitiveness in MM and Wind Waker is astounding (for Zelda games). I mean I still beat them (they are Zelda games), but did not 'enjoy' either one...beat them more out of a sense of obligation I guessNaveedLife

Have you played it? The entire concept is based on repetition. ...you play the same 3 days over and over. In this day and age, you can use online guides and complete the game without too much repetition. BUT This was not the case for most people 'back in the day' when it came out. One of the things I enjoy about Zelda games is searching every nook and cranny...making sure I got everything/finding all the secrets, etc. This was not possible without replaying large amounts of the game (without a guide)

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]the amount of repetitiveness in MM and Wind Waker is astounding (for Zelda games). I mean I still beat them (they are Zelda games), but did not 'enjoy' either one...beat them more out of a sense of obligation I guessrawsavon

Have you played it? The entire concept is based on repetition. ...you play the same 3 days over and over. In this day and age, you can use online guides and complete the game without too much repetition. BUT This was not the case for most people 'back in the day' when it came out. One of the things I enjoy about Zelda games is searching every nook and cranny...making sure I got everything/finding all the secrets, etc. This was not possible without replaying large amounts of the game (without a guide)

Umm... yes I own it and beat it.

It was a very unique and awesome concept. YOu retain any significant progress you made. Also, failing to do things lets you see how they play out and gives you a better idea of what to do. The main story itself is very easy to go through without ever repeating anything.

Majora's Mask is a revolutionary title that is among the best games ever created.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

How the hell is MM repetitive?NaveedLife

Umm... yes I own it and beat it.

It was a very unique and awesome concept. YOu retain any significant progress you made. Also, failing to do things lets you see how they play out and gives you a better idea of what to do. The main story itself is very easy to go through without ever repeating anything.

Majora's Mask is a revolutionary title that is among the best games ever created.

It is with the above quote that I realize the significance of the saying "Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#22 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

nini200

True Super Metroid in a portable form would be simply awe-inspiring. :D

While SM is not the greatest game of all time, I would not say no to super Metroid. SM is a truly amazing game, I played it for the first time on the VC and I was blown away by how good the gameplay is.