Retro Grand Prix Cup Races?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lucasbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lucasbart
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I am on this forum for my 6 year old. He is trying to unlock bowser jr. on mario kart wii? We have read that you have to earn at least a one star ranking in each 100cc Retro Grand Prix cup races. Can anyone simplify this for an illiterate user? If it would help, his last character he unlocked was dry bones. I just watched him get 1st place in all four races in the 100cc and he didn't get to unlock anything so he was upset. If anyone could help, you would make a 6 year old very happy. I am just unsure what the "retro grand prix races" are and where they come into the game! Thanks!!
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts
The Retro Grand Prix tracks are the Shell Cup, Banana Cup, Leaf Cup, and Lightning Cup. Basically, the retro tracks are those that were imported from previous versions of Mario Kart.
lucasbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lucasbart
Thank you so much for your quick reply. He is back on the wii already! We will give it a try!!
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
What was your son's grade when he finished the grand prix? To get a star he has to win all races with a bit of a lead. It's frustrating but he will get it if he keeps trying.
lucasbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lucasbart
What does a "one star ranking" mean? My son just got 1st in three races and 3rd (right at the finish) in the 4th and I noticed it had a "B" ranking. Does this have anything to do with the "one star ranking"? Does he have to get 1st place in all 4 races and all 4 cups to unlock bowser jr.? Thanks!
sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
What does a "one star ranking" mean? My son just got 1st in three races and 3rd (right at the finish) in the 4th and I noticed it had a "B" ranking. Does this have anything to do with the "one star ranking"? Does he have to get 1st place in all 4 races and all 4 cups to unlock bowser jr.? Thanks!lucasbart
I'm not really sure when you will get a star ranking, but usually winning all 4 races will do. Maybe the total time is a criterium too, I don't know.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
I'm pretty sure that he must win all the races in order to get a star.
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

What does a "one star ranking" mean? My son just got 1st in three races and 3rd (right at the finish) in the 4th and I noticed it had a "B" ranking. Does this have anything to do with the "one star ranking"? Does he have to get 1st place in all 4 races and all 4 cups to unlock bowser jr.? Thanks!lucasbart

Yes, the rating at the end of the different cups is based upon your performance during the race. Things such as what place you finish, your time, etc all count towards this grade. So, he needs to try to get a "one star ranking" on each of the cups. If he does this, he should unlock Bowser Jr. based upon your description of the goal. Good luck to him!