Resident Evil 2 Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by joeywiz (188 posts) -

Has anyone heard any details on Resident Evil 2 and 3 being remade for the Wii? Just wondering if these would be following 0 and 1.

#2 Posted by darksongbird (1235 posts) -

Um...both you and I know they made a remake for the GameCube. Unless you've heard something, I don't think they will make it again on the Wii. We could easily just find a copy on the internet.

A remake of 2 just like they did 1 would be cool, but I doubt that would happen. Haven't heard anything either...

#3 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
If they made the first one the could remake the second one, but I wouldn't hype about it
#4 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Fans have been asking for one for a long time(self included) ... and nothing.

ps: There were a lot of rumors about RE2 remake, but it turned out to be Umbrella chronicles.

#5 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -
if capcom was smart they would but lately capcom is anything but smart
#6 Posted by joeywiz (188 posts) -

I couldn't imagine them losing money on remaking 2 and 3 for Wii, so they ay as well follow up 0 and 1 with 2 and 3.

#7 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -
They have been remade... just in the form of light gun shooters...
#8 Posted by XboxGuy1537 (2360 posts) -

They might just take the one from the Game Cube and make the controls in Wii style. They've done that with a couple games before....

#9 Posted by lancea34 (6912 posts) -

If capcom is really smart they would try to wiimake Resident Evil 5 or create a new exclusive Resident Evil for the Wii with RE4/5 controls.

#10 Posted by kenakuma (3459 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 is considered by many to be the best in the series.

If they put in all the proper time, money, and effort to re-make it properly it would most definetly be a 360/PS3 game!

Thats just the way I see it happening.....

#11 Posted by Vikthorious (201 posts) -

i think they are waiting nintendo to have a HD console, so they can upgrade graphics properly... meh just a random though...

#12 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -

If capcom is really smart they would try to wiimake Resident Evil 5 or create a new exclusive Resident Evil for the Wii with RE4/5 controls.

lancea34
you think that would be smart for capcom to make one of what many resident evil fans and gamers think is the worst resident evil games ever made on the wii
#13 Posted by JuarN18 (4981 posts) -
you think that would be smart for capcom to make one of what many resident evil fans and gamers think is the worst resident evil games ever made on the wiielbert_b_23
RE "fans" are irrelevant the game sold really good and can sell alot of copies on the wii

If they put in all the proper time, money, and effort to re-make it properly it would most definetly be a 360/PS3 game!

kenakuma
yeah, i see it like that too
#14 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -
[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]you think that would be smart for capcom to make one of what many resident evil fans and gamers think is the worst resident evil games ever made on the wiiJuarN18
RE "fans" are irrelevant the game sold really good and can sell alot of copies on the wii

kenakuma
yeah, i see it like that too

its always sad when bad games sell so well that it becomes the new staple for that type of game
#15 Posted by gamenerd15 (4478 posts) -

Didn't they already remake them all on GC? I don't want anymore GC ports for Wii. The system already got plagued with last gen ports the first year and a half it came out with, RE4, Okami, Rygar, Godfather, Scarface, Bully, Guilty Gear, DB Budokai Tenkaichi, and so forth.

#16 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Didn't they already remake them all on GC?

gamenerd15

No, they just remade the first one while the second and third part and Code Veronica were just PS1/DC ports.

And Okami is better than most this gen games.

#17 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -

Didn't they already remake them all on GC? I don't want anymore GC ports for Wii. The system already got plagued with last gen ports the first year and a half it came out with, RE4, Okami, Rygar, Godfather, Scarface, Bully, Guilty Gear, DB Budokai Tenkaichi, and so forth.

gamenerd15
truthfully said re4, godfather,scarface,bully are all thought of as better on the wii then ps2, guilty gear games, dragon ball games were made on the wii as the ps2 at the same time so really they weren't ported, okami will debated as what version was the best
#18 Posted by gamenerd15 (4478 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

elbert_b_23

truthfully said re4, godfather,scarface,bully are all thought of as better on the wii then ps2, guilty gear games, dragon ball games were made on the wii as the ps2 at the same time so really they weren't ported, okami will debated as what version was the best

True the guilty gear and the DBZ games might have come out for both platforms at the same time but there is no denying they built the PS2 version first and then put it on Wii, especially with the DBZ games. Tenkaichi 1 was PS2 exclusive. The foundation was built on PS2. Tenkaichi 2 came out on PS2 first, then went to wii. Hardware wise tenkenchai 3 uses is the exact same as the PS2 version with added online.

I am not saying any of these games are bad, but I just don't want old games being passed off as new and then people pay full price for it. Even if the wii version is somewhat better, $30 is still too high for a game that can be found on a last gen system for half that. Or when the Wii was tough to find, if I am going to buy a high in demand console that hardly ever sits on store shelves, I am not going to buy a game I can get on a system that there is plenty of. Nowadays, it is a different story.

Also, most people here and in general complain when the Wii gets treated like a last generation system, yet people want last gen games on it.

#19 Posted by mariokart64fan (19805 posts) -

they remade 0 and 1 and 4 on the wii so its possible but dont matter cau se re 2 and 3 and cvx is already compatible with the w ii ne way,

#20 Posted by mariokart64fan (19805 posts) -

as far as dbz games are ,, gc had dbz so it was never exclusive to ps2 lol ,

its just a multiplat title period

#21 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"][QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

Also, most people here and in general complain when the Wii gets treated like a last generation system, yet people want last gen games on it.

gamenerd15

So you would rather see a watered-down port of Resident Evil 5 instead of a great Resident Evil 2 remake?

I'm personally all for Resi 2 remake.

#22 Posted by gamenerd15 (4478 posts) -

as far as dbz games are ,, gc had dbz so it was never exclusive to ps2 lol ,

its just a multiplat title period

mariokart64fan

Budokai Tenkaichi 1 was exclusive to PS2. Budokai 1 and 2 were ported to GC a year after the PS2 versions. Budokai 3 was also exclusive for PS2.

Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi are different games. My point is, that the tenkaichi games that are multiplat were probably built for PS2 first and then, they took it and coded the games for Wii.

#23 Posted by gamenerd15 (4478 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

nameless12345

So you would rather see a watered-down port of Resident Evil 5 instead of a great Resident Evil 2 remake?

No I would rather see an all new game that plays similar to the regular series. The more people buy last gen games for wii, the less inclined developers are to create something that actually utilizes the Wii's capabilities. "why put ourselves at financial risk when Wii owners will buy a somewhat revamped port?"Using the wiimote for better headshots is cool but I would rather have something else. People complain that the wii always gets shafted on cool games and new ideas. When people buy last generation material on a current generation system, they are saying that they do not care about getting screwed. Capcom failed with Zack and Wiki and Dark Chronicles did not do so good either. Getting Capcom to do something new is extremely hard. Capcom is not that good this generation. The only great games they have put out this generation have been on Wii aside from the Megaman games being multiplat. DMC4, RE5, and Dark Void were not that great. A couple of those games were not bad, but they failed to live to their last generation predecessors.

#24 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

gamenerd15

No I would rather see an all new game that plays similar to the regular series.

Well Capcom is making a totaly new RE with a modified RE5 engine for the 3DS.

And I think that some last gen games are better than many current gen games.

I agree the Wii lacks fresh and original exclusive games, though.

#25 Posted by Ganados0 (1067 posts) -

The MT Framework has bee adapted to Wii.

#26 Posted by J2G_Avarice (84 posts) -

if capcom was smart they would but lately capcom is anything but smartelbert_b_23
I wouldn't go as far as to say Capcom isn't smart but they have made a couple of poor decisions lately. They are entitled to screw up though. Every company has a few hiccups here and there. Capcom has been around forever pumping out hit after hit so give them a little break lol.

#27 Posted by penpusher (3573 posts) -

Has anyone heard any details on Resident Evil 2 and 3 being remade for the Wii? Just wondering if these would be following 0 and 1.

joeywiz
its extremely unlikely, they had the perfect chance to remake numbers 2 AND 3 after the awesomeness that was the gamecube version but they instead just ported the original over ... and all the wii gets in terms of resi now is rubbish in the form of on rail shooters....
#28 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

nameless12345

No I would rather see an all new game that plays similar to the regular series.

Well Capcom is making a totaly new RE with a modified RE5 engine for the 3DS.

And I think that some last gen games are better than many current gen games.

I agree the Wii lacks fresh and original exclusive games, though.

The Wii does have fresh and original exclusive games.
#29 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17256 posts) -

Um...both you and I know they made a remake for the GameCube. Unless you've heard something, I don't think they will make it again on the Wii. We could easily just find a copy on the internet.

A remake of 2 just like they did 1 would be cool, but I doubt that would happen. Haven't heard anything either...

darksongbird

Actually, they just ported them to Wii. There was virtually nothing changed.

If RE2 got a REmake, it would be pretty cool, especially on Wii.