Rank the Legend of Zelda Games - 2015 Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

With the other Zelda ranking threads locked/timed out and the most recent entry, A Link Between Worlds, released for quite some time, I'm curious to hear the opinions of newer members, as well as any changes of opinions that older members have.

1. A Link to the Past (no game is perfect but this one comes damn close)
  2. Ocarina of Time (the most well rounded 3d game, with lots of variety and diversity throughout. it gets just about everything right)
  3. The Wind Waker (beautiful art style. expressive characters. perfect story. it's really an excellent adventure game all around)
  4. Link's Awakening (great environmental storytelling. solid dungeons, through and through. did quite a bit to innovate on the zelda formula with a trance like world)
  5. A Link Between Worlds (i love it. its a game that mixes accessibility with quality level design. would've been #1 if the dark overworld were entirely original though)
  6. Skyward Sword (it has a lot of flaws, but i still love this game. it has its own unique atmosphere, some creative puzzles and i found the motion combat really fun)
  7. Oracle of Ages (took ALTTP and OOT's traveling concept and went to town with it. good story and villain. great innovative puzzles)
  8. Majora's Mask (it's a unique game. good story. stone tower. on replaying the 3ds version, i realize a lot of my hype for it was nostalgia but its still very good overall)
  9. Oracle of Seasons (loved the atmosphere, seasons and characters. the 8th dungeon, shield and sword was excellent though. dying a lot meant backtracking through dungeons. ugh.)
  10. Legend of Zelda (classic. it's a complex open world maze full of discovery and such. it's both really exciting, and really frustrating at times)
  11. The Minish Cap (it's a solid dependable quality entry. great art and sound design. but the gameplay doesn't do anything innovative)
  12. Twilight Princess (i both adore and pity it. excellent dungeons, great concepts, but the story isn't focused, the pacing is uneven and the overworld is crap)
  13. Phantom Hourglass (i found it mostly fun. not a complex game but a fun one. enjoyed the ds controls. i won't replay because of the ocean king temple though)
  14. Four Sword Adventures (it requires a gamecube, 4 gba's, 3 friends and a day's worth of time, all to experience fully. that's just not feasible)
  15. Adventure of Link (i like the side scrolling, rpg elements and combat system. the difficulty is just way too brutal and that completely ruins the fun factor for me)
  16. Spirit Tracks (this is what happens when a developer implements concepts they ask themselves whether its fun to play or not)
  17. Four Swords (too short. not really a full length adventure)
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Your call @nini200

You're the only one qualified for this!

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts
  1. Zelda 3
  2. Zelda A link between worlds
  3. Zelda 2

I never cared for the 3D zelda's. Zelda 2 has a special place in my heart, I was young when I played it but it gave me that sense of wonder and exploration.

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#4 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts

1. Majora's Mask

The rest, whatever. Probably with Wind Waker in second place though.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@Chozofication said:

Your call @nini200

You're the only one qualified for this!

Lol don't even get me started

Rex_Holez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rex_Holez
Member since 2015 • 9 Posts

1. Link to the Past

2. Ocarina of time

3. Legend of Zelda

4. Adventures of Link

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Zelda (SNES)

3. Twilight Princess

Nintendo Of Canada Confirms Tri Force Heroes Is Outside Zelda’s Timeline

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I don't like comparing 2D and 3D. So I'll keep them separate. Also, this ordering probably changes on a daily basis (e.g number 1 always switches).

3D:
MM > WW > OoT > TP > SS

2D:
ALttP > LW > ALBW > MC > OS > OA > 4S > ST > PH

I'm going to replay Zelda 1 and 2 again soon and I'll decide then how it ranks. For now I'll leave them out since I can't really remember them very well.