Pokemon X/Y E3 Presentation/Q&A - 06.11.2013 @ 6PM PT - 1.5 Hours Long

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Pokemon X/Y will have it's own dedicated E3 presentation. It's going to be held the same day as the Wii U Nintendo Direct presentation on June 11th, 2013. It will be held at 6PM PT.

5pDdyVZ.png 

[Kotaku Writer]

Oldis1G.png

Link to Tweet.

#2 Posted by BrunoBRS (73375 posts) -
damn. that should be fun.
#3 Posted by yokofox33 (30493 posts) -

Sweet. Definitely excited to hear more news about the games. Hopefully some cool new Pokemon will be revealed.

#4 Posted by Human-after-all (2969 posts) -
Someone needs to ask the only question that needs to be asked: Are you ever going to create a full on Pokemon game for the home console?
#5 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Someone needs to ask the only question that needs to be asked: Are you ever going to create a full on Pokemon game for the home console?Human-after-all

That's the most overrated question ever. 

#6 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I'm so NOT watching that. I already know that I'm getting Pokemon Y on Day 1, so I don't need a presentation with a trazillion spoilers about it. :P
#7 Posted by piranha_inc (1994 posts) -
looking forward to this game
#8 Posted by BrunoBRS (73375 posts) -

[QUOTE="Human-after-all"]Someone needs to ask the only question that needs to be asked: Are you ever going to create a full on Pokemon game for the home console?Pixel-Perfect

more overrated than "when are you making a pokemon MMO"?
#9 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

I'm so NOT watching that. I already know that I'm getting Pokemon Y on Day 1, so I don't need a presentation with a trazillion spoilers about it. :PRod90

I see your point but do you REALLY think you will not see every single spoiler anyways over the next few months?

#10 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I'm so NOT watching that. I already know that I'm getting Pokemon Y on Day 1, so I don't need a presentation with a trazillion spoilers about it. :PSora278

I see your point but do you REALLY think you will not see every single spoiler anyways over the next few months?

Hahaha, I'll do my best to avoid them
#11 Posted by BrunoBRS (73375 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sora278"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I'm so NOT watching that. I already know that I'm getting Pokemon Y on Day 1, so I don't need a presentation with a trazillion spoilers about it. :PRod90

Hahaha, I'll do my best to avoid them

Rod, you're E3ing wrong. you're supposed to drop media blackouts during it.
#12 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="Human-after-all"]Someone needs to ask the only question that needs to be asked: Are you ever going to create a full on Pokemon game for the home console?BrunoBRS

more overrated than "when are you making a pokemon MMO"?

...touche. 

#13 Posted by HowlingLotus (547 posts) -

Could be interesting to see what comes from this. I'm hoping they reveal more version exclusive information prior to the launch window as I only buy one version now. As far as spoilers go I've never really viewed Pokemon as something that can be spoiled as there are very rarely any plot twists and tends to follow a predictable formula. I wish they would change everything up, but we all know that runs the risk of annoying long time fans. 

#14 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22236 posts) -

I hope their is a liveblog cause I don't believe this will be stream. I also hope that some of the press actually know a thing or two about pokemon to avoid confusion for us. it would also be great of serebbi was going too

#15 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4895 posts) -

My only concern is the amount of information they're revealing in those 90 minutes. I would love to know more information, but I don't want a huge chunk of the game spoiled 4 months prior to its release. 90 minutes seems like a lot of time for a presentation and Q&A of one (well, technically two) game.

#16 Posted by psx_warrior (1657 posts) -

Could be interesting to see what comes from this. I'm hoping they reveal more version exclusive information prior to the launch window as I only buy one version now. As far as spoilers go I've never really viewed Pokemon as something that can be spoiled as there are very rarely any plot twists and tends to follow a predictable formula. I wish they would change everything up, but we all know that runs the risk of annoying long time fans. 

HowlingLotus
Black and White and Black and White 2 have had surprisingly strong stories for a set of Pokemon games. A lot more emphasis on the story this time around and more things to do besides just Pokemon battles all the time. Not to mention the change up in graphics. Not exactly high res or anything, but the viewpoint has changed over to a pseudo 3d thing. The new look is great, and the new games are gonna be that times 100.
#17 Posted by Inferi-Fang (78 posts) -
Awesome news!
#18 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

My only concern is the amount of information they're revealing in those 90 minutes. I would love to know more information, but I don't want a huge chunk of the game spoiled 4 months prior to its release. 90 minutes seems like a lot of time for a presentation and Q&A of one (well, technically two) game.

ANIMEguy10034
Here's hoping for Wii U & 3DS interactivity.
#19 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4895 posts) -

Here's hoping for Wii U & 3DS interactivity.Haziqonfire

When I first read this, I became EXTREMELY excited and my mind exploded with speculations and the possibilities. Then I realized that they did the same back in 2007 for Diamond and Pearl and the Wii... and Pokemon Battle Revolution was born.
I don't know what to think or feel anymore. :? :P

#20 Posted by trugs26 (6154 posts) -

Sweet, a Q&A would be awesome. Can't wait! I'm excited about how Nintendo will go about E3 this year. Hopefully it turns out well. 

#21 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] Here's hoping for Wii U & 3DS interactivity.ANIMEguy10034

When I first read this, I became EXTREMELY excited and my mind exploded with speculations and the possibilities. Then I realized that they did the same back in 2007 for Diamond and Pearl and the Wii... and Pokemon Battle Revolution was born.

:P.

I think it'd be a little bit more unique than that. There's a lot more possibilities now with getting data from other players via StreetPass and potentially using that on a console game.

#22 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] Here's hoping for Wii U & 3DS interactivity.ANIMEguy10034

Think about pokemon stadium... with minigames!! :D