Pokemon RPG for wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nosinra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nosinra
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Imagine a fully explorable world like Hyrule in Zelda.

Imagine following your character through the world of pokemon instead of viewing it from above!

How awesome would it be to have a reinvented pokemon game with the layout of Zelda?

The Wii U has so many things to offer but the games have, so far, left much to be desired. I tried to contact Nintendo to give them my idea for this kind of game (gratis) but they said they never take unsolicited ideas... Too bad... i will probably never see my dream game :-(

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it would kill pokemon on the 3DS....

therefore killing nintendo handhelds. nintendo no wanty that.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

Actually The Pokemon Company and GameFreak don't want to do that. But Pokemon was called Pocket Monsters originally for a reason, Pokemon is the sole reason Nintendo is King in the handheld division. Leave the main games on handhelds, that being said I want Colosseum U or Stadium 3 or Stadium U on Wii U lol, maybe like Gales Of Darkness where you could steal peoples Pokemon as a bad guy! lol.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Console Pokemon games have always felt half-arsed. There was a 3D exploration based one on Gamecube. It was meh. If they fully committed to making a good one, then that'd be cool.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

Like Colosseum or gale of darkness on gamecube?

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I felt that the console versions of Pokemon lacked something that the handheld versions had. I think if a Pokemon RPG was made for Wii U it would be cool to have it based off the animated series and do it cel shaded graphics. Have the voice actors reprise their roles and make it like an animated big screen version of the TV show sorta like a movie.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

Basically, I don't think Nintendo would try and save the Wii U at the expense of the handheld market. I mean it could possibly work with both versions co-existing, but for a game like that Pokemon that people could play for years and years. Many probably would stick with the console version instead of getting the handheld updates.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I've actually given some thought to the concept of a console Pokemon game before, and I think it would work best from the first-person perspective actually.

I was going for a walk in the park back home, by the woods my father and I used to travel through to get to camp. I just thought, "well this right here could be a perfect setting for a Pokemon game. Just use this location, and insert random wild Pokemon everywhere, with the occasional trainer."

I imagine flying-type pokemon would be especially difficult to catch, given that they can fly away in real-time.

I don't think 'console' pokemon would necessarily kill 'handheld' pokemon. They would probably both exist in the same way that oldschool Mario, Zelda and Metroid existed alongside 3-dimensional ones.