endersdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 endersdragon
Member since 2013 • 207 Posts

Okay, maybe a crazy thought here, but I think the first Pokemon game we will see on the NX will be a generation 1 remake.

1) We generally see them go new game, remake, new game, remake, etc.

2) It's the generation that has went the longest without a new edition. Both Gen 2 and Gen 4 were on the DS, Gen 3 just got remade, but Gen 1 was last seen on the GBA

3) It would sell a ton of NXs on it's own. People have wanted to see the original game redone for quite some time, and there are still a lot of Gen-oners out there. Nintendo won't be struggling for too much longer if they do that.

4) With the release of Pokemon Go a lot of new people are also going crazy over the Gen 1 Pokemon.

5) It would be freaking awesome, I can't wait to see what they can do with Pokemon on the NX if all the rumors are true (which for most of this I am assuming they are).

So what do you guys think? If this is the case, do you think we might get an announcement confirming this shortly before/after the release of Sun/Moon?

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 dcoutten
Member since 2015 • 547 Posts

The next remake for what ever system will be gen 4. There is already a gen 1 remake so it wouldn't make sense to do a remake of a remake since they only have remade 3 gens so far.

endersdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 endersdragon

But Gen 4 was on the DS, Gen 1 remade was on the GBA

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

@dcoutten: there is a remake of gen 1?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@k--m--k: yeah fire red and leaf on GBA advance are kind of remakes

I'd loose my shit over a gen 1 remake and waste my money on an NX just for that.

If they remake another gen or just stick to new gens were pokemon are keychains and ice cream cones then I won't bother with Nintendo.

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dcoutten

@k--m--k: Yes. FireRed and LeafGreen came out during gen 3 on the GBA. It is an official remake.

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dcoutten

@thehig1: With what they have been doing it they are not going to remake gen 1 again. There is already a gen 1 remake and they have released the originals games too. Gen 4 is widely considered great and hasn't gotten many complains like in gen 5 and 6.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thehig1

@dcoutten: the remake is 12 years old and dated, generation 1 is probably the most popular so it makes sense.

Especially off the back of pokemon go

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dcoutten

@thehig1: So gamefreak is just going to stop their whole cycle and make another gen 1 game? No. And again they released the original gen 1 this year. Gen 1 is the most popular among older gamers who grew up with it but I would say gen 4 is the most popular throughout the whole fan based (example being Cynthia is the most popular NP trainer ever).

Pokemon go is helping the whole franchise not just gen 1. You would have a point if gen 1 pokemon could only be found in gen 1 but in X/Y most of the pokemon there was older mons and the megas were all from gen 1 and 2. And even Sun and Moon will have old pokemon.

Just because you and a whole bunch of other people want another gen 1 remake does not mean you are going to get it. In all logic sense from what gamefreak has been doing for years, they will be releasing a diamond/pearl remake since that is the next one up.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Oh god I hope not.

The Gen 1 hype going on at the moment is cute and understandable, especially with it being the 20th anniversary and the eShop games finally released and Pokemon Go being hugely successful, but you can only absorb so much nostalgia before it gets tiresome. We already traveled to Kanto four times in four different generations, you can easily go experience it again on the eShop for $10, and Gamefreak was not subtle at all with the Kanto pandering in X&Y. And this is coming from a franchise that has been feeling incredibly stagnant from their yearly releases from Platinum to ORAS. No offense but no thanks.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thehig1

@dcoutten: pokemon red blue is highest selling of the pokemon games,(59million) according to wiki anyway

With us older gamers interested in pokemon again a perfect time for a generation 1 remake would be now.

It can be done as well as the new main franchise game for newer players.

When you see me and a bunch of people want a generation 1 remake your possibily talking several million world wide such a big demand should be considered

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#12 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

A Remake of a Remake is pointless. That's the same as asking a remake of Metal Gear Solid when a remake already exists.

Focus for Game Freak is making the new games more flexible and relevant.

Maybe port Sun and Moon to NX with HD textures, or put through a smoothing filter.

Tr3ndsetter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tr3ndsetter
Member since 2016 • 21 Posts

When to release Pokemon. Go in ASIA?

endersdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 endersdragon

@RSM-HQ: So they should never do anything with Gen 1 again? Wasn't Twilight Princess HD sort of a remake of a remake (first Gamecube, then Wii, then Wii U), I would argue that game wasn't pointless. But I digress, I am not talking about a straight up remake, that would be boring. I am talking about doing the Gen 1 region, with the Gen 1 Pokemon, and adding a lot of interesting gameplay factors (possible because the NX sounds like it will be a lot more advanced than anything that came before it) and going wild with it. It's not so much of a remake as a re-imagining what it could have been if it wasn't for the limitations of the time. The fact still is, Pearl/Diamond/Platinum are still far newer than Firered and Leafgreen so if you are going to remake one, it would make sense to remake the one that has yet to get even a DS treatment.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ

@endersdragon: I'm stating gamers only want it for nostalgia. And you guys already had that nostalgia re-trip. Wanting it continuously is a waste of resources. And see no reason why they should bother.

The games after had far more interesting environments. So why return to 90% grass fields and rock caves? And this had nothing to do with limitations, that's how the original world was build. Changing that isn't faithful. You're asking for a sequel. So just accept sequels that bring more diversity.

Not to mention you can just transfer the 151 to a new game, Bank is basically feeding on this concept with the Virtual Console re-releases. If you have some resentment to newer Pokémon creatures? Don't use them, and transfer your oldies.

I'm more new into this franchise, so don't really care for the 'glory days' of Pokémon. Because I prefer the variety we have now. And pretty sure I'm not the only one. Plus perhaps give Sun and Moons new direction a chance maybe.

Before asking for, yet another, trip down memory lane.

It goes back to my Metal Gear reference. One remake is enough surely_

Muddy120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Muddy120
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

I don't know about NX, but I personally want another Gen 1 remake. Mainly because I want it to move past the GBA, I mean who seriously have that system anymore. I want it remade on the Ds to be able to play on there and to have it have the modern battle mechanics since we never got it remade on the D/P engine and on which its new battle engine and everything.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

With the nostalgia associated with gen 1 I am sure we will see a remake in the next gen. Plus the official remakes are old in their own way.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

I would really want a Gen 1 Pokemon remake real bad. Hopefully we will see it one day.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#19 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

They'd remake Gen IV before remaking Gen 1. Honestly, I'd prefer that anyways. Gen 1 is the worst generation. It's still got good games in it, and is obviously very important to the series, but G/S/C surpassed it in every conceivable way and after the excellent remakes that were HG/ SS, a Gen 1 remake would seem like a gigantic step backwards unless they really executed it in an amazing way. Which is unlikely.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#20  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

There is already one available. FireRed/ LeafGreen.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@dcoutten: I think instead of remaking Red and Blue again, I think they should remake both of those games as just one game- a full blown remake of Yellow.

In this Yellow remake you would have course get a Pikachu starter, but it would closely follow the TV show. The ability to catch all of the gen 1 Pokemon in one game would be a great addition- but it would be an even better addition if you could travel to Johto and possibly other regions. I have no idea why this hasn't been done already.

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dcoutten

@Mighty-Lu-Bu: Red/Blue and just about every other pokemon game with a pair are the same game with only minimal differences like exclusive pokemon. So making one game from any pair is pointless. And plus if that gen pair gets a 3rd game like crystal and platinum then it essential does combine the pair with additional story line with the new legendary.

Yellow is already the anime version where you basically play as Ash and get all the starters (not sure if you don't know or you are just stating it to make sure I know). I'm not sure what you want because it just sounds like you just want gold/silver but in reverse where you are Ash and start off in Pallet Town first and then go to Johto. This does sound pointless to me as you can just play the gold/silver remakes to get that itch.

What you do bring up is that there has not been a yellow remake. So technically people can say there hasn't been a remake for that and wriggle some reason into that argument.

But really any gen 1 remake doesn't make sense. The next remakes will be 4th gen as they are the next in line. You can get all gen 1 mons in X/Y and ORAS now. HG/SS, which have the features you seem to want, are not that old as you can still play them on current gen hardware (which i believe you know already because you were the one who wasn't sure where to start in pokemon games...i think lol).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@dcoutten:

Gen 1 was not only the most popular generation, but the most successful. Red, Blue and Yellow sold over 45 million units combined worldwide. No other generation has come even close to this.

Doesn't make sense for them to remake later entries because there is a evident lack of sales. If they remade some of the gen 1 games (or just Yellow) it would grab a new generation of kids, plus the generation that grew up with gen 1. Fire Red and Leaf Green were good remakes, but I don't think they waited long enough (it was about an 8 year gap from the originals). The TMs and learned moves in Gen 1 were just not very good. Unfortunately, when the remakes came out in gen 3, this issue was still prevalent... all the more reason for another remake.

If they remade Yellow or any other gen 1 game in the style of X and Y (with all of the TMs and HMs) then it would truly be an awesome game. Since they recently released Gen 1 as digital games and since they said Gen 1 will be able to trade with Sun & Moon, it makes me think that there is a remake already in the works.

Sure they can remake newer games, but why remake games that are only a fraction of the popularity as the gen 1 games? Literally makes zero sense. Gen 1 will always be the most popular so it's best to draw inspiration from it.

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dcoutten

@Mighty-Lu-Bu: You can't compare sales of a game from 20 years ago. Especially in this series where people get burn out because its essentially the same game. Just to give you some background on me I played red and yellow when I was a kid and 2nd gen/crystal is my favorite all time. But many people dropped off on playing pokemon (including me) because outside of new pokemon, it is the same game with improved graphics and like 2 differences in each gen. If a game doesn't get significantly better then of course sales are not going to be the same of its predecessor. And remember the anime was huge in the 90s which help sales. So you can not compare success so easily to popularity.

There was just an article here talking about how ORAS has been increasing with sales year over year. I don't even think gamefreak thought that the remakes sales would be just as good as the originals when they first remade gen 1. Remakes/remasters in general have "lack of sales" compare to the original.

Like I said in an earlier post diamond/pearl are very popular games in the pokemon community so I bet it will do even better than ORAS. Gen 1 already has remakes, was all in X/Y, and rereleased. It's time to move on. The question isn't would a gen 1 remake sell well (or better), the question is are they going to do a gen 1 remake. Going by what they been doing with their release schedule then no. Next remake will be gen 4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@dcoutten: ORAS hasn't even surpassed HGSS yet in sales... but that is a little besides the point. I can see a diamond and pearl remake because it is the 3rd most popular generation (behind Gen 1 and Gen 2), but beyond that, I am willing to bet that Game Freak revisits Gen 1 because it is without a doubt the most iconic generation, especially in America. Also, while I agree with you that gen 4 may be remade next, I also still firmly believe that another gen 1 remake will happen in the near future.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RSM-HQ

This still going on?

How about we wait and see how Sun and Moon fare; before demanding more generation 1 filler.

I like the new direction S/M are going with, it's refreshing. And maybe the new lease of life is what those older and newer gamers really want out of Pokémon.

*Frankly Megas/ Super Training/ and 3D did that for me in X/Y. But for many I can see that push wasn't big enough.

Overall I'd rather The Pokémon Company stop making remakes completely. And just put that extra time into new ideas, that'll push the series forward for the better. They can always put the older games on the eShop to win the nostalgic crowd.

I'm not a generation 1 player. But how many who played that game all those years ago still invest in the series, did any of you get the last remake?

Probably fewer than are willing to admit.

So, yeah. Let the franchise actually evolve.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Another remake would be interesting but it feels like wasted potential at this point since there are so many other things they could do with a full-fledged NX game. Even better, why don't they incorporate a remake that has multiple classic regions on it in full 3D? Now that would sell like hot cakes.