Pokemon Games - Game Sync not working?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xN3onThund3rx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xN3onThund3rx
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi. I'm a Pokemon player, and my problem started with Pokemon Black 2 on my new 3DS, which tells me I am connected to the internet on the title screen. My Internet settings are set up as per Nintendo's customer support, and in-game the Wi-Fi bars are at full signal, but everytime I try to connect to the Dream World, Wi-Fi club, and anything using the internet, the bars either drop out, and I normally get error 20100 or 52210. Sometimes, it'll go to the next screen (the bed on the screen, with your befriended pokemon in the cloud above) for a few seconds before it cuts to blue and just says 'communication error. You have been disconnected from Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' followed by a screen that says 'communication error...' This happens on both my Pokemon Black and my Black 2. My router is a Netgear DGN1000 with a WPA password, on channel 11, and I have tried disabling the firewall as per Nintendo's support guides. I have also factory reset the router, to no help. Does anyone know how to fix this?
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

You may have to set up a static IP address. I had this problem with Pokemon on the 3DS.

MrNuttyboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrNuttyboh
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

You may have to set up a static IP address. I had this problem with Pokemon on the 3DS.

metroidfood

This is the answer... there is a website I can't recall where it lists IP adresses to enter manually depending on your router.

I did it, and it worked everytime after that.

xN3onThund3rx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xN3onThund3rx
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I've set up the static IP from my 3DS and allowed it through my router's firewalls. Connection is a bit better, but I still get 'download failed' while my befriended Pokemon is being downloaded.