Pokemon Games 2012

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pashmina626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 0

#1 pashmina626
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

I have been a huge fan of the Pokemon series for a number of years now and have played alot of them so I wanted to know if there are any planned to come out for the Nintendo DS next year?.

I keep hearing rumors of a Pokemon Gray ( that one has been going around for awhile ) and there is going to be a remake of the Ruby and Sapphire games ( I just heared of that one last week ).

DoctorWho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DoctorWho88
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts
Only one that I know of is a pokemon game based on Nobunaga's Ambition. Apparently its gonna be a mix of feudal japanese samurai and pokemon. Heres a trailer (in japanese): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34bzH5Eo04 Hope that helps :)
DoctorWho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DoctorWho88
I dunno if gonna be in 2012 I only know that its rumoured to be the next one
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

Pokemon Gray and the R/S/E have not even been mentioned by Nintendo. They are just expected since it would be the logical next step for the series.

But then again, we just got what seems to be a legit Fire Emblem/Pokemon crossover-like thing so we all aren't really sure what Nintendo's next move is.

in other words, sure it's possible for those game you mentioned to come out. Likewise, don't epect them atm.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Pokemon Gray and the R/S/E have not even been mentioned by Nintendo. They are just expected since it would be the logical next step for the series.

But then again, we just got what seems to be a legit Fire Emblem/Pokemon crossover-like thing so we all aren't really sure what Nintendo's next move is.

in other words, sure it's possible for those game you mentioned to come out. Likewise, don't epect them atm.

Yoweeh

They.won't.remake.Ruby.and.Sapphire!

Get it in your heads already!

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Yoweeh

[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

GreekGameManiac

They remade R/B/Y with FireRed and LeafGreen. They remade G/S/C with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I don't see why they wouldn't keep going?

DoctorWho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DoctorWho88

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

Yoweeh

They remade R/B/Y with FireRed and LeafGreen. They remade G/S/C with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

They shouldn't keep going because that would be boring and predictable and nobody would like it much. Plus, the original version of G/S/C was REALLY good, but HeartGold and SoulSilver kinda ruined the expectations, and they can't risk that with Ruby and Sapphire. Also, I personally think it's time for another Pokemon Dungeon game. Who knows? Maybe they'll remake R/S, but I personally think that's boring. Maybe they could just make it playable on the 3DS and not change any of the actual content???
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

DoctorWho88

They shouldn't keep going because that would be boring and predictable and nobody would like it much. Plus, the original version of G/S/C was REALLY good, but HeartGold and SoulSilver kinda ruined the expectations, and they can't risk that with Ruby and Sapphire. Also, I personally think it's time for another Pokemon Dungeon game. Who knows? Maybe they'll remake R/S, but I personally think that's boring. Maybe they could just make it playable on the 3DS and not change any of the actual content???

believe it or not but pokemon games sell's millions of copies and classic turn based battle kinds sell more then the spin off ones like the Dungeon series and in the past few Dungeon series never left japan game freak and Nintendo will more likely remake r/b on the 3ds or even ds before another Dungeon game but really only time will tell
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

They shouldn't keep going because that would be boring and predictable and nobody would like it much. Plus, the original version of G/S/C was REALLY good, but HeartGold and SoulSilver kinda ruined the expectations, and they can't risk that with Ruby and Sapphire. Also, I personally think it's time for another Pokemon Dungeon game. Who knows? Maybe they'll remake R/S, but I personally think that's boring. Maybe they could just make it playable on the 3DS and not change any of the actual content???DoctorWho88

I'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Not only is there sure to be a considerable graphics overhaul, we'll also be able to use all the Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon in the game. And of course we'll have updated music and online options. The remake could (and should) implement the day/night cycle and the seasons cycle as well. I'd love to visit Hoenn on a dark winter night. :P

DARKNESSxEAGLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 DARKNESSxEAGLE
Member since 2010 • 489 Posts

[They remade R/B/Y with FireRed and LeafGreen. They remade G/S/C with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Yoweeh

Because it started deteriorating after those two :P

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GreekGameManiac

I'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Not only is there sure to be a considerable graphics overhaul, we'll also be able to use all the Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon in the game. And of course we'll have updated music and online options. The remake could (and should) implement the day/night cycle and the seasons cycle as well. I'd love to visit Hoenn on a dark winter night. :P

Pixel-Perfect

You never learn do you?

They won't remake them.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

GreekGameManiac

You never learn do you?

They won't remake them.

Prove it. :|

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GreekGameManiac

You never learn do you?

They won't remake them.

Pixel-Perfect

1.They can't remake every generation! that's stupid.

2.Gen I & II were Game Boy games,partially why they were remade.

3.Masuda didn't say they will remake them,he just said he knows how important they are.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

You never learn do you?

They won't remake them.

GreekGameManiac

1.They can't remake every generation! that's stupid.

2.Gen I & II were Game Boy games,partially why they were remade.

3.Masuda didn't say they will remake them,he just said he knows how important they are.

1. How so?

2. Why does that matter?

3. Okay?

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GreekGameManiac

1. How so?

2. Why does that matter?

3. Okay?

Pixel-Perfect

:S

1.Because it is stupid!!! have you seen developers remaking every game in the same series????

2.Because it does.You can't remake a GBA game >_>

3.Yes,that's what he said,doesn't mean they will remake them! maybe have elements and Pokemon from the in future games.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

1. How so?

2. Why does that matter?

3. Okay?

GreekGameManiac

1.Because it is stupid!!! have you seen developers remaking every game in the same series????

3.Yes,that's what he said,doesn't mean they will remake them! maybe have elements and Pokemon from the in future games.

1. Saying 'because it just is' isn't very convincing.

2. Why not?

3. Again, that doesn't seem very relevant.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GreekGameManiac

1. Saying 'because it just is' isn't very convincing. -Isn't is? :/.why would they do that?

2. Why not? -GBA are available on the 3DS' eShop.

3. Again, that doesn't seem very relevant. -It does.he never said they will.

Pixel-Perfect

Look,Just get Emerald once it hits the eShop,ok?

I doubt they'll do yet another remake.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Yoweeh

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

1. How so?

2. Why does that matter?

3. Okay?

GreekGameManiac

1. Almost every video game series that has been running as long as pokemon or before that has remakes. Some games havent been out long enough to need remakes. Other games arent in as much demand. the R/S/E were very popular so they will remake them because it makes money.

2. Nintendo has remade NES, Gameboy, SNES, and Gameboy Color games? I don't see how you "can't" remake a GBA game?

3. That's what a remake is...

Sorry if you don't want but Nintendo will do it I would bet money on it.

Remaking a game is less effort than making a new one and as long as it has pokemon in the name it will make loads of cash = all any company cares about realy.

I don't even want the remake. I can't deny that it will happen nevertheless.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

1. Saying 'because it just is' isn't very convincing. -Isn't is? :/.why would they do that?

GreekGameManiac

GreekGameManiac, thanks for keeping this up over the last few months. :P The announcement of the Ruby and Sapphire remakes will be all the sweeter thanks to you.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreekGameManiac

1. Almost every video game series that has been running as long as pokemon or before that has remakes. Some games havent been out long enough to need remakes. Other games arent in as much demand. the R/S/E were very popular so they will remake them because it makes money.

2. Nintendo has remade NES, Gameboy, SNES, and Gameboy Color games? I don't see how you "can't" remake a GBA game?

3. That's what a remake is...

Yoweeh

1.:S YES,but not more than one remakes! read before you write!

2.See previous post.

3,No,it doesn't count.if thats what u mean,then ALL Pokemon are remakes!

Please read before you write,cause apparently you didn't.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

They could remake the Gen III games, but I'm not expecting that to happen. Simple reason is that the drive for remaking Gen I and Gen II was because there was no way to transfer Pokemon from those games onward. It was an oversight during GBA development for that to happen, but Gen III Pokemon from R/S/E and FR/LG can transfer to Gen IV games if you have a DS or DSLite. Similar, Gen IV (D/P/P and HG/SS) can transfer to Gen V (B/W so far). It's not impossible, but it's unnecessary in the grand scheme of things, since it's possible to have every single Pokemon from past generations as you go (well, we can when the Arceus event happens next year).

Would remakes make money? Sure. Would they sell as well as the Gen I and II remakes? Probably not. Several of us still have our old DS Phats and Lites and keep a GBA game handy. :P

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

GreekGameManiac

gba games are not available on the eshop only 10 selected nintendo games and nintendo said they have no plans on making gba VC games they only did 10 free games to make up for people that bought the 3ds at launch really if it wasn't for the 3ds price drop we wouldn't even have those games because months ago nintendo said they wouldn't bring any gba vc games but we gamers got lucky and it was a fluke there is more of a chance to get r/b remakes then have then on the VC
DoctorWho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DoctorWho88
I agree with GreekGameManiac another remake would be boring and predictable. If they remake R/S/E, people would start expecting them to remake all the other games (D/P/P and B/W) and would be able to predict their next business move. Then, there would be no point in telling people the next game because they probably would have guessed it anyway. + They never said they would make R/S in the first place!!!
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

GreekGameManiac, thanks for keeping this up over the last few months. :P The announcement of the Ruby and Sapphire remakes will be all the sweeter thanks to you.

Lol,keep dreaming lad! :P

Though we disagree on that matter,i do enjoy your company.

:3

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
... I meant they never said they would never make a remake of R/S in the first place!DoctorWho88
... I meant they never said they would make a remake of R/S anyway ... lolDoctorWho88
Edit the post next time, don't triple post. >_>
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

GreekGameManiac

Lol,keep dreaming lad! :P

That's no way to speak to a lady. Hmph!

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GreekGameManiac

That's no way to speak to a lady. Hmph!

Pixel-Perfect

Oh,i'm sorry.

Lass.

:)

Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

re-making ruby and saphhire would make complete sense. It would give them a chance to test out what they can do with the pokemon formula on their new handheld system before releasing new generations, maybe even have a pokemon colluseum style of movement and gameplay to spice things up a bit. That would be pretty damn awesome.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#31 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

re-making ruby and saphhire would make complete sense. It would give them a chance to test out what they can do with the pokemon formula on their new handheld system before releasing new generations

Defy_The_Fallen

That is SO true.

The remakes are the foundation of the new generation.

FireRed and LeafGreen introduced wireless trading and battling.

HeartGold and SoulSilver brought back infrared connectivity and B/W expanded it, giving us a much faster way to trade and battle.