Nintendo TVii won't be available for launch. Also, YouTube app confirmed.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nyc05 (10184 posts) -

source

Not a big deal to me personally, but it's still disappointing that a once-promised launch day feature is delayed. Oh well. At least it's not supposed to be too long of a delay (December).

#2 Posted by yokofox33 (30488 posts) -

A bit disappointing, but not a huge deal. I'll have Netflix to keep me occupied until then haha.

#3 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4959 posts) -

A bit disappointing, but not a huge deal. I'll have Netflix to keep me occupied until then haha.

yokofox33
Actually you won't, as it's not making Wii U launch either.
#4 Posted by Jaysonguy (38166 posts) -

Not having the TV options ready for launch is disastrous as Nintendo tries to court it's core user at launch.

#5 Posted by yokofox33 (30488 posts) -

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

bonesawisready5

Actually you won't, as it's not making Wii U launch either.

I have Netflix for other devices. That's what I meant.

#6 Posted by spike6958 (5118 posts) -
Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.
#7 Posted by Jaysonguy (38166 posts) -

Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.spike6958

You understand it's 2012 right?

Was your last console a SNES?

#8 Posted by Sepewrath (28842 posts) -

Not having the TV options ready for launch is disastrous as Nintendo tries to court it's core user at launch.

Jaysonguy
lol right. Anyway, they really should have made sure everything they said was going to be available was available.
#9 Posted by spike6958 (5118 posts) -

[QUOTE="spike6958"]Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.Jaysonguy

No, I have all the latest console, and have not once used any of them for watching TV or anything else besides gaming. It's also only pushed back a couple of weeks, would you rather it launch with a broken version of it? If your main reason for buying WiiU is Nintendo TVii, your money would be better spent on something else.
#10 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8617 posts) -

[QUOTE="spike6958"]Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.Jaysonguy

I dont believe it took microsoft and sony some time to release all the features of their consoles. I know I bought a Vita at launch and its just recently got some of the features (like PSone compatabily.
#11 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11689 posts) -
Netflix confirmed to a site (can't remember which, but I'll look up a link) that it's app would be available at launch. Also someone else that managed to pick up a Wii U early at Walmart said it comes preinstalled with Netlfix, Hulu, and Amazon and even posted the pucs of his Wii U, the Gamefaqs mods then proceeded to delete the images. It seems like it's just the unified service that won't be available immediately.
#12 Posted by mariokart64fan (19805 posts) -

lol wish snes was my last its better then xbox360 and ps3 lol by miles . and like he says any one who makes a big deal of a gamesystem not playing stupid movies , is just a picky person i wouldnt say gamer because gamers play games not watch movies on their games console
#13 Posted by Sphensen (814 posts) -

no biggie, I think they pushed the american release anyways and that's why they're having these delays. Usually it's Japan first, then "Merica. not this go around.

#14 Posted by simomate (1875 posts) -

Jaysonguy
I kind of agree.
#15 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

Eh, I can wait a month or two.

#16 Posted by sailor232 (5218 posts) -

I like my features so this is a bummer for me, although I will only have to wait a month so I'm not too down on it.

#17 Posted by superbuuman (3385 posts) -

I dont believe it took microsoft and sony some time to release all the features of their consoles. I know I bought a Vita at launch and its just recently got some of the features (like PSone compatabily. AutoPilotOn

Don't say that you're gonna do something by certain time if you can't deliver it..simple as that. :P

#18 Posted by thetravman (3547 posts) -

Oh well. It's miles better than the 3DSs launch (no browser, messaging,eshop, netflix, video camera, and data transferring for 4 months). Gosh what a disaster that was.

#19 Posted by Jaysonguy (38166 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="spike6958"]Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.spike6958

No, I have all the latest console, and have not once used any of them for watching TV or anything else besides gaming. It's also only pushed back a couple of weeks, would you rather it launch with a broken version of it? If your main reason for buying WiiU is Nintendo TVii, your money would be better spent on something else.

Awesome job wasting all the capabilities of your electronics.

Also Nintendo's core audience? Kids and casuals

Those are in high regard during the holidays.

The entire family gets together and checks out the new Wii U

Oh wait they can't now because Nintendo failed to deliver when it mattered most. A few weeks? After the holiday season is mostly over?

This is a bad start to the console, a crippling blow to their launch.

#20 Posted by sum_guy09 (561 posts) -

im more interested in what other apps will be available.. skype, fb, ym etc. would be cool to use the touch pad & webcam for that