Nintendo Switch and why do some not like it?

strongparkour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 strongparkour
Member since 2016 • 192 Posts

I'm here today because I've pre-ordered a Nintendo Switch from GAME and it's put me a little on edge since I've heard some comments saying "I don't like the Nintendo Switch" and stuff like that.

But... I've got a feeling that's telling me that the Switch will be the one of the most successful consoles of 2017, however that doesn't mean it's bad. After all you don't truly know if it's gonna be good or not so good, not until you've actually brought one and tried it, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

What are you're honest thoughts of the upcoming Nintendo Switch?

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Bought a PS4 with a bundled game for cheaper. Sorry, i won't support Nintendo's business practice, nor Apple's.

Doctor_MG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Doctor_MG
Member since 2016 • 2366 Posts

@Random_Matt:

I don't know what to think. I have the Switch pre-ordered too. I like the idea of the Switch, but I can understand how some could be turned off to the aspect of it. It will be under powered compared to the competition. How much so remains to be seen. Third party developers are skeptical about the machine which is why they haven't announced many games coming for it. However, if the Switch sells then third parties will jump on bored.

Nintendo right now is in this position where they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they would have made a machine that competed with the PS4 and Xbox One they would have had to deal with many people not wanting to own the system because it is no different than what they already have. However, if they made the system different then they have to deal with less support from those that just want powerful hardware, and some ports may be more difficult due to the RISC based CPU.

Nintendo needs to sell their product to receive third party support, but most people don't want to buy a Nintendo until it receives third party support. Which is why I am going to buy a Nintendo Switch, and try to buy ever third party game I would like to play on the system. Hopefully if others do this too they can break through and their next console will be something more along consumer expectations.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4  Edited By RedAlert539
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

I'm not usually the one to complain about such stuff but Switch is way too underpowered for today's standards. At least Wii U in it's fisrt year had games like Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, ACIV: Black Flag, COD:BOII. Switch is launching in 2017 with.....Skyrim, a game that even predates the ones mentioned. I don't care about third party games on my Nintendo consoles but many ppl apparently do and that will cost them(Nintendo that is).

And even in the first party department things don't look so good as of now. Games like Arms, 1-2-Switch, Sniperclipps, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe(a Wii U game), Splatoon 2(again a Wii U game), Has Been Heroes and such leave a very bitter first taste even in the lips of hardcore Nintendo fans. Add the insanely high prizes for accessories and a paid online service(a first for Nintendo) to all that and it just makes things worse for the console.

But not all is bad though. Things like the utility of the hybrid model, GameCube VC and cartridges are nice additions imo.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

People don't like it because they think Nintendo are repeating past mistakes by not getting more support from AAA third parties. This also related to people not liking it because it's under powered.

Then there's the pricing issue. Some don't like it because it's on the pricey side of things. Especially when you contrast it with what you can get with PS4 and Xbone.

My personal view is that we'll still get awesome games on the Switch from Nintendo as well as a few third parties. The rest of the third parties will depend on the success of the Switch, so that remains to be seen.

Regarding the price, I think the Switch has a lot of new tech. It's got a lot of features, such as a screen (with touch), motion controls, HD rumble, detachable controllers, IR point with depth detection, ability to go portable/home console mode, etc. So while it is a bit pricey, it might be able to justify it. They just need to get behind it with more games. On top of that, when comparing with the PS4/Xbone, I don't think it's a 1:1 comparison. The Switch has a lot of new and exciting tech behind it, making it possible for it to stand out above the competitors, even if it is less powerful and pricier.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the people that don't like it are salty ps4 and PC fans. also scared xbox owners.

the pc/sony crowd are mad nintendo has the audacity to compete with them or even try to outdo them. and xbox? well they are mostly scared they will be taken down a notch from 2nd best console to last console.

that's it. everyone else is either waiting for more games, a price drop or has already preordered.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#7 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Bought a PS4 with a bundled game for cheaper. Sorry, i won't support Nintendo's business practice, nor Apple's.

You'll be disappointed in the portable capabilities of the PS4.

TotalRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TotalRobot
Member since 2017 • 187 Posts

I think one of the reasons is that Nintendo is not a hardcore game company, and the Switch is effectively them admitting they're kinda terrible at nonmobile consoles anymore. So, they're going to a totally-mobile game strategy, putting themselves effectively square in the softcore market.

In effect, I think many people are upset because Nintendo is basically abandoning all efforts at appealing to one market of gamers.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@Random_Matt said:

You'll be disappointed in the portable capabilities of the PS4.

Exactly. People completely discount the portability.

Sure Dragon Quest Heroes 2 looks better on the ps4. But can i then take my Ps4 and continue to play it when its time for me to leave my house? No.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@totalrobot said:

I think one of the reasons is that Nintendo is not a hardcore game company, and the Switch is effectively them admitting they're kinda terrible at nonmobile consoles anymore. So, they're going to a totally-mobile game strategy, putting themselves effectively square in the softcore market.

In effect, I think many people are upset because Nintendo is basically abandoning all efforts at appealing to one market of gamers.

Theres nothing they can do. Majority of gamers feel theyre too mature for Nintendo. Until Nintendo figures a way to break down that primitive wall. They have to do what they can do.

TotalRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TotalRobot
Member since 2017 • 187 Posts

@iandizion713 said:
@totalrobot said:

Theres nothing they can do. Majority of gamers feel theyre too mature for Nintendo. Until Nintendo figures a way to break down that primitive wall. They have to do what they can do.

Ironically, I think this is what makes Nintendo so successful on the mobile market. A lot of people who are not hardcore gamers don't feel too mature to play the games.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@totalrobot: Agreed, the mobile market is a perfect place for Nintendo to gain new consumers and grow stronger.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Nintendo just needs to fade out the 3DS and put all resources on the Switch. Sure, $300 seems expensive at the moment for what it's offering, but having all developers put their resources on one unified Nintendo device will become an all around better and cheaper deal than buying both a Nintendo console and handheld. Those who bought a 3DS and Wii U paid nearly twice the amount Ninty is charging for the Switch. It'll certainly have a rough launch, but it has potential to shine bright once it gets all those exclusives.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

i think the pricing has really hurt it. little things on paper can make a big difference (like why a lot of things can be 49.99 instead of 50 bucks...its all in the head). before the pricing i think there was quite a lot of positive noise about it. one single device that nintendo can give its undivided attention. a hybrid with games ranging from zelda to pokemon to monster hunter. its a solid idea and the execution also looks pretty good.

but they really needed to get the console in at 249.99 to get that momentum going. 249.99 and people see games like zelda and they will think "fair enough". the shield console (which includes a controller) is 200 bucks. the switch is less powerful but it does have a screen. so i think 250 should have been it.

then there is the price of the accessories. they should be 10 bucks less than what is currently being charged. its clearly a price gouge. they cant cost anywhere near that much to make. on the joycon front i think nintendo may have put a bit too much in there (why is that motion camera thing in there? who is going to use that? i usually like nintendos ideas but that actually does look like crap). i mean (sorry to bring another platform into it) the steam controller is the most complex and sophisticated controller ever divised and its 50 quid. so what is nintendos thinking here?

on the games front its a mixed bag. full price for BOTW. yeah fair enough. its a big game and its going to last a long time. the quality also looks excellent. same with xenoblade 2. but what about arms? or MK8 deluxe? nintendo is charging too much for some of their games. they seem to think no less than 39.99. some games, especially if they are short or simple, are not worth that kind of money. those prices can stop good ideas dead in their tracks. it needs a better range of prices for its games.

im still going to be getting one though probably around christmas. by then mario and xenoblade 2 will be out. hopefully a monster hunter and the rumoured pokemon stars will be confirmed. i think its still going to be a great gaming machine. but i just hope nintendo haven't killed off a ton of momentum with their pricing.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I'm still unsure about the Switch. Some good ideas but at the same time a little meh.

I think the system will be successful once they have a main Pokémon game not avalaible on the 3DS. It will be a powerhouse at this point no matter how crappy the graphics of the game are.

Also Gamecube game avalaible on the Virtual Consol ... sure but seeing how expensive game in the VC are like Wii games were on the WiiU ...

Nintendo-Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nintendo-Games
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I have pre-ordered the Switch and am very excited for it, but I know some negatives people have voiced. These include the lack of built in ethernet, the limited 32GB initial memory, the included joycon grip doesn't charge them even though there is one that can be purchased that does charge them, the high cost of accessories, Zelda: Breath of the Wind is available on WiiU and is the best launch title, and people always mention the lack of power in relation to PS4 and Xbox One.

Despite being aware of these things, I haven't been as excited for a Nintendo console as I am for the Switch and Zelda:BotW since the Nintendo 64 released with Super Mario 64.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

The fanboys will be fanboys, who stupidly think if all systems and companies fail except the one they like, it will be great--shortsighted fools to be ignored. Because regardless of what the Switch did do or didn't do, their opinion would be exactly the same.

I personally like the Switch and where Nintendo is going with it. Its the first time since the GC that Nintendo is coming with a pure game focused mindset for their system. They are leaving the gameplay gimmicks like motion control behind, even tossing the Mii's to the backburner. Doing things like making the system region free, its simply about playing games and the Switch's concept gives you greater options in doing that. It is of course not without their "Nintendo" like thinking, for example the whole free VC games for a single month thing is incredibly odd. The last decade has seen gaming become too focused on everything but games; gimmicks, multimedia, tech buzzwords and the best ways to milk money out of the consumer for what use to be a one time purchase. The Switch seems to be a return to form for gaming for gamings sake and I welcome that.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

I pre-ordered... and i understand why there is concern. The press release didn't give non-nintendo fans a reason to run out and buy... and MAYBE they did that on purpose, because only 2M consoles are available at launch. Which could be why it's 299.99 with no game. Biggest Concerns:

1) Launch Lineup - Zelda, and .... well basically Zelda. - A handful of Wii U owners will stick with the Wii U, and wait. No reason to jump right away, plus the online is free with the Wii U now. Which gets me thinking whats Nintendo been doing the past 2 years preparing for this launch??

2) Price - Maybe not so much the console price, but really the accessories are what puts it over the top. It's basically 360 plus tax, because your going to need a game to play. But 70$ pro controller, 50$ Joy Con , 80$ per pair, and 90$ per dock is surprising. Would it have killed nintendo to pack in 1-2 switch? I think it's a case of Nintendo trying to get the most they can, to maximize profits.

03) 3rd party, If the switch is super popular, 3rd parties will come. The question is... why isn't there more support off the bat. Mass effect i believe is the first major AAA release post launch... they COULD have been huge for the switch to show that off. Let's say, the switch isn't that powerful/ or not enough time, or whatever the case may be. Why not go after games like GTA 5, or the WItcher 3. Current Gen modern day classics??

4) The Unknowns -( Online Support) Going to be a monthly fee, to play.... splatoon? Seems like Nintendo should have outlined this, pre-launch with what's included, the details, how it benefits customers. They basically just said free to start, then it's a monthly payment.

5) More unknowns (Virtual Console) - Again, Nintendo could have knocked this one out of the park, but didn't even mention it. For the millions of people that own VC content, what happens to it?? Why not showcase the Robust VC catalogue, and existing games, convert to the switch.

6) Games ( Good, bad, Ugly) - Zelda and Mario are awesome.... Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart Are Awesome, if you don't already own these on Wii U. If you do, i'd imagine your excitement may vary, but you'd probably prefer new installments. Arms seems to be getting some buzz, so people are on the fence with that, and 1-2 switch looks bad and ugly. I'm hoping Nintendo has some heavy hitters lined up for E3, because the launch year lineup, doesn't seem as epic as they made it sound.

7) 3DS still supported. - (Good and Bad) originally i was under the impression they were merging their Wii U and 3DS teams to develop Switch content. Based on what i've seen so far.... basically just feels like the Wii U 2 for the switch. Again, Nintendo trying to max profits, and get a few more bucks out of the 3DS market, with it's large install base.

That's my biggest concerns off the bat. All in All, i'm pretty sure Nintendo has some stuff up their sleeve they saved for E3. Nintendo provides a quality new product, and the Wii U is my favorite system this gen, so making the switch was an easy decision. So, no they didn't knock it out the park, but fast forward one year, i think the switch will be fine. Nintendo knows what they have here, and they want to maximize profits, as any business should. I was hoping they would be a little more generous post-wii u, but it is what it is. My guess is they will sell about 7-8M units this year, and reach close to 18-20M by the end of 2018.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 RedAlert539
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

@iandizion713 said:
@totalrobot said:

True, the majority of today's gamers feel too 'mature' for Nintendo games yet the same "mature" ppl swallow every COD title that comes out every year. Ironic, right?

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

You gotta remember it's the games that count not the console itself. You buy a Nintendo if you want the Nintendo quality games such as Mario, Zelda, Smash, Kart etc. It's the same kind of games on repeat but you know they always deliver. It's why I think the Wiiu is one of the best consoles since the ps2. The games on it are amazing and I'm quite happy playing and finishing my wiiu collection over buying a PS4 or Xbox and I may get a switch when I've finished all of my wiiu games, but I doubt I'll buy another console tbh, especially as I also game on pc. People moan because all they want is a ps4 that plays nintendo games. If you like Nintendo games then I doubt you will be disappointed, but if you want games like uncharted etc, then you will be.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I love the concept of the Switch, so I pre-ordered it as soon as I could soon after the announcement trailer. Sure it has its problems, like every system, but I just don't have that much of an issue with it. I also think it is the perfect device to have beside a computer (or maybe a Ps4 or xOne).

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Why is everyone in this thread treating Splatoon 2 like it's a Wii U port? This is an entirely new game. New maps, new clothes, new weapons, new specials, new hub area, new story mode.

They show one map returning from the original, and suddenly it's a port?

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 dcoutten
Member since 2015 • 547 Posts

If someone just says, "I don't like the switch", and doesn't give any reasons just ignore them. I like what I seen so far except for the prices. I'm not too shocked because I took issue with Nintendo's prices before the switch was revealed. $300 without a game is pushing it but what's crazy is the almost mandatory accessories prices. I wonder how long its going to take for a price cut for the system, if it ever gets one. To me the biggest problem to Nintendo is Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
@strongparkour said:

it's put me a little on edge since I've heard some comments saying "I don't like the Nintendo Switch" and stuff like that.

That shouldn't be the thing that really makes you stop and question if you're interested in the Switch. Unfortunately that is how most people anymore think, they follow the crowd.

And there are a bunch of reasons why people don't want the Switch, some of the biggest are:

• Lack of AAA third-party support
  • Small number of AAA exclusives
  • Small number of launch titles
  • No exclusive "killer app" at or near launch
  • Not seeing eye to eye with Nintendo's methods
  • Wanting less Japanese/oddball titles and more realism in games
  • Uncertainty over novelty-vs-usefulness of the Switch
  • Uncertainty over how online/VC works
  • Lack of concrete system details
  • Lots of ports
  • Lots of games that look old-school, but still sell at a steep price-point
  • No pack-in software
  • Will shell out hundreds of dollars for other game consoles, a smartphone, expensive shoes and clothing, 4K TVs and VR equipment, but for some reason can't justify owning a Switch.
Tattarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tattarus
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

I was able to preorder one from GameStop the Friday after the Switch event, at first I was really happy but then I started reading all the topics on the forums I visit and I started thinking "maybe I'm wrong, maybe the Switch is useless at launch!"

Then, the more time has passed, the more discussion I read, the more hands on I see and the more details come up and the more I'm excited for the console itself, for Zelda at launch day and for all the other Nintendo's game we're going to play.

I don't care about third party support because I already have a PS4 and a PC, but I can understand the complaints about people who maybe just wanted a good Nintendo console where to play everything...but in that case it's their fault i they were expecting something on the level of PS4 in a portable form factor and, cherry on the top, 250$ Price point with a packed in game!

lilkarlh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lilkarlh666
Member since 2009 • 168 Posts

The one thing i see thrown around more than anything is that the switch isn't at the same power level as ps4 and x1. In my mind if anyone really expected this to be and to be at a decent price point then there expectations were way off.

I have pre ordered the switch and i cannot wait for march 3rd. However i do have my own concerns more based around how many games will the switch have after what appears to be a great first year. Let's be honest the wii and wii u yes has great games but no where near enough of them.

Also many people are concerned about the online structure and how well it will work.

My advice would be to look at the actual information that has been released and take no influence from forum members.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I do not have a problem with the Switch per se. I have Cerebral Palsy, so I am not going to to be playing Switch on the street while I am walking to a restaurant or a doctor appointment. I am going to be playing games in a stationary spot. Most of the games announced on the Switch at this point in time are games that have come out on other platforms already. The joy con controllers cost more than a game. I am not seeing people carry around a extra tablet plus three controllers in their bags. There is also the rumor about having to use a smart phone application for online play. Why can't the switch do messaging from the tablet device itself? What Nintendo seems to be saying is that people are going to need three different pieces of equipment just use the portability aspect of the Switch. People might need to invest in an adapter for longer play sessions. I just do not see the people carrying around their main tablet for every day life, a phone, The Nintendo Switch tablet, a few joycon controllers, and a wall adapter. Nintendo has not said whether exiting the Nintendo app will shut down all the functions for online play such as teams, voice, etc. People use their phones for multiple things, so can an individual use his or her Internet browser while he or she waiting for others to join in a game? The system will sell insanely well throughout the remainder of this year, but will that success continue into 2018 or 2019? With developers playing the wait and see approach, consumers might not see big games outside of Nintendo until a year and a half to two years down the road.

strongparkour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 strongparkour
Member since 2016 • 192 Posts

@lilkarlh666: Thank you for your knowledge, I just couldn't figure out what it was that put people off.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

I think it seems cool. If it will be cool depends on the support it gets.

If it's another Wii U with no third party support and lame first party support, the console will suck just like Wii U. Pre-ordering a console is therefor one of the dumber things you can do.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Its pretty simple why not

1) price is insane

2) advertised as console, but is in reality a extremely under delivered system by nintendo when you compare it towards it.

We are in a age where we have at top 44tflops gpu's setups in PC's at max ( nvidia flops ), and on console space is about to launch this year 6-8tflop. A 0,15 tflop in handheld mode ( which games will be designed for ) isn't that convincing.

3) game support is practically zero right now, beyond lower then wii-u had and not even comparable towards 3DS ( 3DS had insane support when ti got announced at e3 )

4) publishers are negative about the product whenever they get asked about it.

5) first years lineup poor, the real switch nintendo game that contains mario will launch at the end of the year. And that's it pretty much, everything is ports or expansions of older games really. Besides ur usual shovelware, but that isn't even on par remotely with the 3DS.

6) nintendo refuses to stop 3DS support and make it clear it switches over towards switch, which makes it directly a console indeed. ( not looking good for them )

7) paid online, + no online solution ready = extremely poor showcase on how not ready a product really is and that for extreme premium prices. Specailly when digital is going to be a disaster with no internal space straight out of the gate ( 16/32gb is to low )

8) Lots of people got burned on wii-u, and rather not risk investing into a product which such premiums that could be dead in a year from now. As nintendo is notorious about only bringing 1 or 2 games out for its hardware that you are interested in. As there is zero support from 3rd party's going on that isn't shovelware.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Price is totally reasonable. Inflation adjusted, it's $3 more than the Wii. They should have packed in 1 2 Switch or ARMS though.

Power doesn't matter. If I wanted a powerful system I would play my PC. I find even the Wii U to be adequately powerful most of the time.

My biggest issue with it is paid online. I really like Splatoon, but I don't know if I can justify paying for online just for that. I already have MK8 on Wii U, so that's not really a selling point. I don't even pay for PS+ anymore. If it's $20/yr I guess that's not so bad though.

Whether I get one close to launch is entirely dependant on how much better Zelda is on the Switch than on the Wii U. I can live with 720p vs. 900p, but if the frame drops from last E3 haven't been sorted out I'll be very tempted to get a Switch.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

I think the more Nintendo reveals more information or game sites keep us informed the more we learn about it. I'm probably rare as I only play Nintendo. I have everyone of their consoles and have gone full on support for the Switch. I really liked my Wii U, but I think the Switch will offer more in the way of variety.

I'm hoping more game makers will utilize the HD rumble in some way and the touch screen. The Wii U touch screen wasn't backed in so many games. Maybe more companies can get on board with the gyroscope (Splatoon) feature to truly experience what the Switch can do. This still makes it difficult for 3rd party developers to make a game for Nintendo and we always seem to get the last version of the game or an inferior port.

The Switch could be the must have console for the upcoming holiday with Mario Odessey. I think we'll see an increase in console sales then.

My order from GameStop is paid off...the limited Zelda(want that music cd), Bomberman R, pro controller, charging grip and for the first time the warranty as I do plan on going portable. I have preorders for MarioKart, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odessey. I've also ordered numerous other accessories online. I already got my mini sd card in the mail last week.

I'll be getting Snipperclips from the eshop and possibly 1-2 Switch once it goes on sale or get a used physical copy. Looking forward to YookaLaylee as I played both Banjo games numerous times.

Online play shouldn't be too expensive and will be a must have for my love of Splatoon. Free games monthly of Nes and Snes games I probably already own will be ok since Nintendo will offer online play. That ought to be fun.

Avatar image for rediscoverretro
RediscoverRetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RediscoverRetro
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I think the Switch will be great, but as usual, we need LOTS of new games for it. The console is not going to be a hit with just Zelda and Mario.