endersdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 endersdragon
Member since 2013 • 207 Posts

I have long thought this was true, but with the Pokemon Go craze in full effect it seems like now is the best possible time to do this. Stores (at least in my area) cannot keep Pokemon games on the shelf and many of them are being sold for $50-60 (for that matter Heartgold and Soulsilver have been selling for that much for years now). Yet Nintendo is not making a dime on these sales. For next to nothing they could put all of these games on the 3DS eshop (and probably could add Snap and Stadium to the Wii U eshop for that matter) and make a ton of money on them selling them for $20 or so a game as opposed to the $50 or so we are seeing people be charged now. Why won't they get on it?

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

Nintendo never discounts their games. Don't know why

games that were released over 3 years ago still cost $50-60

endersdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 endersdragon

It's not Nintendo that's selling these games, it's all pre-owned sellers. Nintendo isn't making a single dime on any of these recent sales outside of ORAS and XY. It's not about making it on discounted, it's about make it so Nintendo makes a single dollar on it (which will in turn likely bring down the price)

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 dcoutten
Member since 2015 • 547 Posts

I personally do not like digital. Unless a game is selling less than $10 I can find it cheaper physically. BUT! I do think nintendo should put most of their games on the eshop especially pokemon games. Since pokemon games go for around $40 used (some times more) this is where I would rather have the digital option. Though to a certain extent I think this issues is nintendo's fault in the first place since they do not lower the price of their games no matter how old they are.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Why they haven't already put those games on the eShop is a mystery to me. The DS games wouldn't be that much work, since it's already backwards compatible.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

I wish they would. I've been craving some of the other older games and don't want to go out and get a GBA.

The RBY release did really well. Maybe they'll follow suit eventually, or maybe they're saving the release for the NX?

endersdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 endersdragon

Saving it for the NX sort of makes sense... but not really. Pokemon Go has sparked a Pokemon craze that will last a couple more weeks at most (even now it's starting to die down). HeartGold and SoulSilver are nearly impossible to find at Gamestop and going for $100 on ebay... Nintendo needs to capitalize on this now, not in March