Nintendo Nx what it need to have sucess?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Atomolog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atomolog
Member since 2016 • 195 Posts

Nintendo sucess depends on its games. Id suggest:

Monster Hunter Online (offline separated from online mode to avoid offline hacked items to go to online server. Potential to be a great Mmo?

Pokemon stadium Nx (having also online with several modes would be nice too)

Final Fantasy Tactics Nx (online mode could have ...30 different classes and would be random. 6 vs 6 players? Spells and equipment of each player to be choosed before match with limitations ? I love imagining xD

Metroid Nx (with real good multiplayer online) would be nintendo shooter?

Animal crossing Continent (with 10 times more items furniture ... the biggest animal crossing ever?)

People love to play online so having that option is always nice :) And shooter fans could fall in love with Metroid Nx multiplayet online if nintendo do a good work

What do you ladies and gentleman think and what would be your idea to make nintendo Nx a great console? Let me know what you think ;)

charly4512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 charly4512
Member since 2016 • 10 Posts

Nintendo needs standardized control

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gopre
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

@charly4512: Yes, you made the point I had planned to when I first saw the title for this thread. A return to Nintendo's "original" scheme would help bring the NX success.

And we all know Nintendo has the Wii U Pro controller, but the games on the next system need to be made where a standardized controller is the primary controller; preferably the only controller.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

It needs a low entry price, an easy to understand hook, and a strong launch lineup with a steady stream of games in the launch window.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

It needs all that AND support from 3rd Party Devs, but I doubt they'll get the last thing. So it'll probably be, like the WiiU, a console just for Nintendo fans.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

being just like the competition is the last thing nintendo needs to do. its a very quick way for them to burn through tons of cash with little to no return.

what it needs, above all else, is exclusive, compelling content. it needs to attract more people from different places so it needs different types of games...not just the usual nintendo stable. internally nintendo needs to be taking more risks with their IP (less star fox zero and more BOTW) and they need to work with developers who make games nintendo themselves dont make (is there anything to be said for a pikmin total war? :P).

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#7 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@charly4512 said:

Nintendo needs standardized control

They invented that and continued experimenting - that's what a company who's not afraid of risks does.

TheManofPears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheManofPears
Member since 2016 • 284 Posts

Constant, strong games release as well as instant access to their horde of past games

Easy to use online functions.

And of course, the first party titles everyone loves.

If I was to buy a 2nd console I'd buy Nintendo. As someone who only started gaming on the PS2, I really want to explore the old games that I've missed out on when I have a sufficent income.

Muddy120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Muddy120
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Lol you really think Pokemon Stadium is going to comeback?

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

Other than a strong library, it needs good marketing.

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

Fundamentally, I think NX needs two things to be successful. First, it needs the games - great games made by Nintendo, and (hopefully) some great games made by third-parties. People buy hardware to use software, that's the key point for any hardware platform.

Secondly, I think NX needs a very simple and easily-communicated core concept. The Wii had this, and it meant that the marketing was (probably) relatively simple for Nintendo. But the Wii U? I think it was a complex concept - there were some clever ideas there, but I think Nintendo had trouble communicating to the market about what the Wii U actually is. So, whatever the NX is, I think the concept has to be simple.

Interestingly, it's increasingly sounding like the NX may not be a single machine but actually a "platform" of multiple devices, which is an intriguing concept.

Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#12  Edited By Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts

@djura: It certainly didn't help that the name "Wii U" was massively confusing to all but the most dedicated gamers too. Was it some new add-on for the Wii? Was it an upgraded model? People had no idea. I really never understand the logic of it. The "Wii" name should have been left alone with the previous console. I'm not sure if Nintendo thought continuing the Wii brand was going to maintain the massive success they'd been having or what, but it simply didn't work out. The NX (assuming that's not the final name) needs a catchy, cool name that will instantly get people interested.

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

@Superzone said:

@djura: It certainly didn't help that the name "Wii U" was massively confusing to all but the most dedicated gamers too. Was it some new add-on for the Wii? Was it an upgraded model? People had no idea. I really never understand the logic of it. The "Wii" name should have been left alone with the previous console. I'm not sure if Nintendo thought continuing the Wii brand was going to maintain the massive success they'd been having or what, but it simply didn't work out. The NX (assuming that's not the final name) needs a catchy, cool name that will instantly get people interested.

I agree completely. If nothing else, they might have called it "Wii 2" or "Wii HD" or something like that, if they felt the need to keep that branding in place. But "Wii U"? What the hell? It's not even easy to explain the reasoning behind the name, let alone anything else. A product doesn't need to come out of the gate with that level of confusion in place before it even starts.

I think it's a combination of name/branding and the actual product having one or two very simple core principles that are easy to physically show off/demonstrate. As soon as explanations are needed, things get tricky.

I mean...I went into EB Games the other day, and there were two parents waiting in line. Their son wanted them to buy a $10 PSN card. They spent a good 10 minutes trying to work out if it was "PSN" or something else - they kept going through all these weird names, and they even had to ring their son to confirm, haha. So what hope in hell would they have if they wanted to buy a Wii U?

Those are the kinds of examples I think of, because those are often the people who are buying these things - any mass market product is going to have to be clearly understood by people who aren't passionate gamers.

Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#14 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts

@djura: Agreed. Nintendo needs to make sure that everyone from hardcore gamers to mainstream, casual audiences understands that the NX is a brand new console with brand new features. The rumored console/handheld hybrid feature is obviously the big selling point, but they also need to make sure the launch lineup is exciting as well. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't make the same mistakes as they have in the past and the NX can immediately take off and become a hit.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#15 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

All Nintendo need to do is get with the times (tech, online service, and interface), drop any clunky gimmicks, and deliver great games.

The only thing WiiU achieved was the last one, and not in the quantity most would like.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#16  Edited By nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

It needs a strong lineup of games like Mario,metroid,animal crossing,Pokemon,monster hunter etc and we need some new original ips like splatoon

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

Hopefully Nintendo can go ahead and have Gamecube games on the Virtual Console at last.

MidnightSkye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MidnightSkye
Member since 2016 • 4 Posts

Honestly just no dead periods of game droughts. Yes the 3DS had one but only for the first few months. Even now 5 years later were getting a good flow of titles.

Baconblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Baconblood
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

Nintendo needs to open themselves up to and encourage developers to get on board with their console, even if it means sharing the majority of titles with other consoles. It's the library that hurt the console ever since the n64 days ended(and perhaps even then). Exclusivity is a dumb strategy when overused.

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By dcoutten
Member since 2015 • 547 Posts

Games, and dare I say third party isn't nessaccary for nintendo success, and PRICE!

If someone was cheap (but patient) Nintendo would be the most expensive out of the 3. The Wii u is still $250. Games on the Wii and 3ds rarely go on sale. The ps4 pro is going to be $400 and slim $300. Xbox slim deals are great where I can get the system and a whole bunch of big games for $300 (or less I've seen).

If they are going to complete even/especially as the 2nd console, they are going to need to price the system right. No more than $350 I would say but should be $300.

Amoox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21  Edited By Amoox
Member since 2016 • 23 Posts

1. As much as I love the WiiU Gamepad, I do not think the NX will be sucessful if they do something weird again, only because people are afraid of change and already like the ''normal'' controllers that the Xbone and PS4 and GC had.

2. Achivements, Seriously.

3. Games, LOTS of games. Some favorites would be MH: Online, Metroid Prime 4 with an online mode,

4. Free online. Do not be as greedy as Sony and Microsoft...

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@atomolog: In terms of games, I actually agree with everything you are saying.