Nintendo names new President, Tatsumi Kimishima!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Thought I would share this, pretty big news, but the guy seems to look a bit on the not so friendly side...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/09/14/nintendo-names-a-new-company-president

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

He looks like the serious business type. While the creative-types, who I can identify with more, are indispensable; the business-types are needed to ensure budgeting and profit. They work together and both are needed. There are others who could describe it better. Looks like they have a good team. They have the right talent together.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

This guy looks like he can actually get shit done and apparently has ties in his history with the West which gives me hope. Yamauchi looked unfriendly and oftentimes grumpy as well. It's like the adage goes, "Nice guys don't make good businessmen". I don't think that applies in all cases, but find there's a element of truth in it. This will be interesting, and for once I'm feeling a bit of optimism towards Nintendo's future. This is definitely a relief to me over Miyamoto or Takeda being appointed, but he's still 65. He's not going to be around very long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

Hopefully once the new presiden't term is up, Nintendo will find someone much younger to lead the company. New blood is what Nintendo needs after all...

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#5 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
@Collie_Lover said:

He looks like the serious business type. While the creative-types, who I can identify with more, are indispensable; the business-types are needed to ensure budgeting and profit. They work together and both are needed. There are others who could describe it better. Looks like they have a good team. They have the right talent together.

Excellently put. He might be severe-looking but from what I read he knows a lot about finance (bank manager, CFO of the Pokemon Company). With Miyamoto being the new Creative Fellow/advisor, looks like they're all set.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Interesting. He's already at retirement age in my country lol (65).

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

He looks straight out of the movie Gung Ho.

Iwata seemed quite unique in terms of his relationship with gamers and how he would speak with and express himself to Nintendo fans and I guess non fans too. Good guys finish last. The new President looks like someone who screws up will be taken out back.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

Let's see what he can accomplish at Nintendo.

I'm sure they had him in mind for a few months prior to Iwata's passing.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Hopefully he's someone that knows business and not listening to pathetic ideas that got Nintendo into this mess to start with.

It would be nice for him to scrap all of Iwata's ideas and build a strong console that could not only compete with what's out there now but also tie in the cell phone side of things.

Actually it would be nice to see him ditch the console completely and go straight to tablet and cell phone games.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

I wish Nintendo the best of luck. I hope that everything works out well.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools: I see he has been heavily involved with Pokemon. Could we possibly get that Pokemon open world/mmo that everyone's been wanting for years now?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcrame10

@Jaysonguy: you had me on board up until that last paragraph. 3 console makers is a healthy balance, with only sony and Microsoft making them it wouldn't be as good.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

This guy looks like he can actually get shit done and apparently has ties in his history with the West which gives me hope. Yamauchi looked unfriendly and oftentimes grumpy as well. It's like the adage goes, "Nice guys don't make good businessmen". I don't think that applies in all cases, but find there's a element of truth in it. This will be interesting, and for once I'm feeling a bit of optimism towards Nintendo's future. This is definitely a relief to me over Miyamoto or Takeda being appointed, but he's still 65. He's not going to be around very long.

Don't the Japanese live to like, a million years old though?! I mean, look at Master Roshi.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@Master_Of_Fools: I see he has been heavily involved with Pokemon. Could we possibly get that Pokemon open world/mmo that everyone's been wanting for years now?

Yes, it's already here on cell phones

@jcrame10 said:

@Jaysonguy: you had me on board up until that last paragraph. 3 console makers is a healthy balance, with only sony and Microsoft making them it wouldn't be as good.

Someone will take up the slack. As it stands now Nintendo is already on the outside looking in when it comes to gaming these days. With Google and Apple around it wont be long before one of them enter and push Nintendo completely out.

If Nintendo became tablet and cell only that would allow them to survive going forward. Then if Google or Apple wanted to seal the deal making hardware Nintenod would have a place to have it's game still reach the TV.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Its nice to know that they named a new president. He should help Nintendo to have better sales because the Pokemon games sell really well and he knows finance. I wonder which direction he'll take Nintendo to.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jcrame10

@Jaysonguy: Apple and Google are much larger than all 3 gaming companies. especially Apple, their fanbase is huge. If either were interested in entering the console market, wouldn't they have done it by now?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GameboyTroy

@Jaysonguy: Why do you still post here? You are so negative in this section. Go post in system wars or the games discussion section or one of the other sections in this forum. Go cough up a furball somewhere else, please.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Hopefully he's someone that knows business and not listening to pathetic ideas that got Nintendo into this mess to start with.

It would be nice for him to scrap all of Iwata's ideas and build a strong console that could not only compete with what's out there now but also tie in the cell phone side of things.

Actually it would be nice to see him ditch the console completely and go straight to tablet and cell phone games.

He's continuing the direction Iwata set for the future of the company so your wish probably won't come true. It's possible he may create his own vision for the company eventually, but it won't be for awhile.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@Jaysonguy: Apple and Google are much larger than all 3 gaming companies. especially Apple, their fanbase is huge. If either were interested in entering the console market, wouldn't they have done it by now?

Apple is coming, it will be great for Nintendo if Apple succeeds, Apple, Nintendo and PC will be some awesome competition.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jcrame10

@mesome713: hopefully apple throws some of those billions around and creates some first party studios and IPs. Let's hope they don't wait til 10 years after launching their console brand to focus on that like Microsoft did. Lol!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

SOOOOO Glad it's NOT Reggie. I shall rejoice now

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@pikachudude860 said:

I wish Nintendo the best of luck. I hope that everything works out well.

My sentiments exactly. Can't really speculate on anything until we see what Kimishima's first courses of action are. I suspect that for the time being, many of Nintendo's plans will proceed as they were prior to Iwata's passing.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Though I loved Iwata I agree with this sentiment. Initially I didn't know what to think about this guy but after a bit of reading I think this could do wonders for Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@nini200 said:

lol yeah that guy would ruin the company

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

He already knew before the Wii U launch that it would fail from the start! That alone shows how promising his reign will be! Link

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Still wish they'd picked Sakurai. Youthful, experience, passionate, and he needs to give his programming hand a rest.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GameboyTroy

Here's info about Kimishima

Loading Video...

Nintendo won't change Iwata's basic strategy, establishing a future-proof leadership system

http://gonintendo.com/stories/242607-nintendo-won-t-change-iwata-s-basic-strategy-establishing-a-futu

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Master_Of_Fools

@Jaysonguy: You sir, I grow tired of, never show up in my posts. King of Nintendo Trolls is all you are.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Master_Of_Fools

@Jaysonguy: You sir, I grow tired of, never show up in my posts. King of Nintendo Trolls is all you are.

@jcrame10 said:

I doubt it, Gamefreak is in control of Pokemon, they said stuff like that wont ever happen.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_Of_Fools
@FireEmblem_Man said:

He already knew before the Wii U launch that it would fail from the start! That alone shows how promising his reign will be! Link

That was Iwata....

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Master_Of_Fools

Also apparently he is currently only President for 1 year.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jcrame10

@Master_Of_Fools: seems like he knows what he's doing so far. He's merging the hardware and online departments together, that can only mean good things! Maybe the next console will have more variety when it comes to online. Also voice and party chat options would be great.

Check out this article, it's what I was reading.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendos-new-president-has-announced-a-massive-restructure-for-the-company

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

He's getting a trial run of 1 year. Though I imagine, he'll get another year to at least get through the NX launch. Because running out the clock on the Wii U cant be a good judge on what he will do for the company.

@nini200: lol there was never any chance of that

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GameboyTroy

A look at Nintendo's internal restructuring

http://gonintendo.com/stories/242656-ign-a-look-at-nintendo-s-internal-restructuring

- merging Integrated Research & Development Division and the System Development Division into Platform Technology Development Division

- this group will be responsible for development of Nintendo hardware, OS, development tools, and network

- Entertainment Analysis & Development Division and the Software Planning & Development Division have combined two groups into one, now called the Entertainment Planning & Development Division

- this new group will aid in the creation of games and smart devices

- Katsuya Eguchi and Yoshiaki Koizumi will share the position of Deputy General Manager of this new department

- entirely new department called the Business Development Division

- this division will focus on "refining the business model for the dedicated video game system business"

- this division is also in charge of growing Nintendo's smart phone games business and new businesses that will feature Nintendo's IP

Analysts react to Tatsumi Kimishima becoming Nintendo's president

http://gonintendo.com/stories/242668-analysts-react-to-tatsumi-kimishima-becoming-nintendo-s-president

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Master_Of_Fools

@Sepewrath: Nintendo's Board Of Directors vote every year if they agree to keep the current president in power or to make him step down, remember when people were shocked they kept Iwata in power after his mistakes? So it's typical. After 1 year the Board will see how they feel about what he has done in a year and vote to keep in going or not.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@nini200 said:

hehehe..yea considering how handles Japanese games in US..yea..he'd be a shit choice. :P

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Chozofication said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Though I loved Iwata I agree with this sentiment. Initially I didn't know what to think about this guy but after a bit of reading I think this could do wonders for Nintendo.

Apparently only a temporary president. I hope he doesn't do extremely well, only to then step down and be replaced by someone not as capable.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools: Yeah, but that's the reason they stuck with Iwata. You cant really measure someone's abilities over the course of a single year. They have that in place probably to remove someone after a few years of poor performance. I'm sure he'll get at least another two single years after his first.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40 Nintendo4evar
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

@GameboyTroy: Amen.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GameboyTroy

@nintendo4evar said:

@GameboyTroy: Amen.

To which post? The NX should be good. Also, why necro this thread? You could've just make a new thread.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42 Nintendo4evar
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

@GameboyTroy: To the post where you say that the Nintendo haters should go away. Also sorry, I'm a newbie here.