Nintendo DS WiFi error 51300, physical damage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueyeddevil88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blueyeddevil88
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
So after not getting on Nintendo wifi for a while, I wanted to get online on pokemon heartgold so when I tried to get on, I got error 51300. Like the DS will find networks and detect them and have bars but when it comes to the connection test it always fails now and no bars. The thing is that it used to work fine on the exact same router and I haven't made any changes to it, the only event that happened between now and when I was last able to successfully connect was that I dropped the DS once and it wasn't even that hard. I have a SMCD3GN, it's a wireless gateway meaning it doubles as both a modem and router. Whenever I want to get online, I change the router settings have no password at all so it's not an encryption problem or anything. The signal type is also mixed, the channel is 1, and the firewall is disabled. I've tried just about everything in the router settings, I even did a total reset to make sure and still no luck. Today, I tried to connect to the wifi network at the mall which is open with no encryption and I still got the error 51300 so I'm starting to think that something is wrong with the DS. I want to get online damnit!! This **** DS is driving me nuts, there's always some type of problem! Do you guys think that one drop broke the wireless component of the DS? Is there anything else I can try? What should I do?
blueyeddevil88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blueyeddevil88
And btw I did a search on this error and all the suggestions were things with settings that I've already tried like 50 times
blueyeddevil88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blueyeddevil88
bump
blueyeddevil88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blueyeddevil88
help
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Did you set your router to WEP before attempting to connect?
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#6 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i had this happen with my orange dsi i had to return it , so yes its somthing with the hardware , it wou ld find them and connect on the user agreement screen only, elsewhere it wouldnt connect, detected accesspoints only on setting 4 through 6 , lol

blueyeddevil88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blueyeddevil88
Did you set your router to WEP before attempting to connect?hydralisk86
I set my network to be open so no security
blueyeddevil88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blueyeddevil88

i had this happen with my orange dsi i had to return it , so yes its somthing with the hardware , it wou ld find them and connect on the user agreement screen only, elsewhere it wouldnt connect, detected accesspoints only on setting 4 through 6 , lol

mariokart64fan
Ugh that sucks I've had this ds for 2 years so returning it isn't an option. It's been working just fine until now and I have no idea why! Can Nintendo still repair it for me if I've had it for that long?