Next Nintendo Game System

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pfar4466

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pfar4466
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

Can't wait until Nintendo puts out their next console. I'll never forget the Super Mario 64 game for the Nintendo 64. Always liked the one on one player games. Played it a little each day after work and finally earned all 120 stars - Also, I hope they put out a cool console - that's part of the gaming experience too. I was browsing around the internet today and read an article that Nintendo may use cartridges for the NX - may be totally alien compared to the N64 cartridges with the advent of a larger storage space on more powerful and smaller chipsets, but who knows. Have a fantastic day everyone and happy gaming.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

Yeah there is a lot of anticipation for the NX. I would guess that everyone has a fond memory of at least one Nintendo game. A great day to you as well!

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts

I guess I see the NX as the first N64 revival of this day and age. Heh. Cannot wait.

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

I'm looking forward to NX. I think Nintendo will do great things with it, given their unusually huge preparations for the console's launch.

Hopefully we'll hear more about it in fall (or spring, if you're in the southern hemisphere). ;P

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
Member since 2016 • 372 Posts

Cant wait!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I'm excited about it because of Zelda and whatever Retro has been working on!

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I think that this will be the first time they truly embrace online and will end up having some of the best features around. Including cross platform, cross buy, cloud saves and a unified account system between handheld and console. I'm looking forward to seeing the future of NX. I'm betting that games like Splatoon will be available with cross platform play. Its an exciting time to be a Nintendo fan.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#8 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

The carts are making a comeback with newer cheaper carts with a lot of space in them.

Nintendo NX Cartridges Mentioned In Patent Documents

We have now heard a couple of times that the NX won’t use traditional discs and will instead be reliant on cartridges. This issue has cropped again by the USPTO in documents filed for Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The document states that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will ship on both disc and cartridge. Clearly the Wii U version will ship on disc but the cartridge version of game remains unclear. We should know for sure later this year.

https://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/zelda_cartridge.png?w=760

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1238179

Loading Video...

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Collie_Lover

It looks like information about the NX is starting to trickle in. Maybe we will be getting some more circumstantial information like this about the NX in the coming weeks until the full reveal. Cards/Cartridges for Nintendo make sense. I was preparing myself for the worst, and now I am a little relieved that we will be getting a physical format for our games. My mind is racing a little trying to imagine what the console itself looks like.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#10 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

I will have to wait and see. I like the Wii U a lot, but that's because of the games, and given the hardware issues that exist with that system (too little power, evident in games like Star Fox and maybe the new Zelda, terrible battery life, bad touchscreen, and poor use of touchscreen) I'm very hopeful they've learned enough of a lesson to really triumph with this system.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Collie_Lover

I would rather that Nintendo just make all of their games 720p, 60fps. Games like these are still HD and have smooth gameplay. I feel like Nintendo made the right decision with the power of the Wii U. If we are comparing the Wii U to the other consoles to determine what is too little power, look at the games on the other consoles that are 1080p, some of those games are either glitchy or run at 30fps. So evidently the competitor consoles to Nintendo are underpowered too. It is ok to have your own opinion and dislike the Gamepad, but the Gamepad is powerful being able to have games streamed to it from the console for smooth off-TV gaming. If it was going to be a choice of having a $300 dollar Gamepad +$400 console; I am glad that Nintendo priced the Wii U the way they did instead. Star Fox Zero looks amazing for what it is-an arcade shooter. Every game need not be a photo-realistic technical marvel even if there where such a thing, it simply needs to be a good-looking fun game like Star Fox Zero. The rewards for games with maxed out resolution settings are not justified by the costs and gameplay sacrifices in many cases. It is irrational to think that games are either 1080p or ugly, and this is the big lie that some Sony and MS gamers try to perpetuate.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

I think that this will be the first time they truly embrace online and will end up having some of the best features around. Including cross platform, cross buy, cloud saves and a unified account system between handheld and console. I'm looking forward to seeing the future of NX. I'm betting that games like Splatoon will be available with cross platform play. Its an exciting time to be a Nintendo fan.

I really want to believe this!

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13 Nintendo4evar
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

@bunchanumbers: Yeah Nintendo really NEEDS to have cross-buy since some games are at a really high price and buying twice or thrice would be crazy. One thing that's fascinating is how games that practically nobody plays like Mario vs DK: Tipping Stars but VC games aren't.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GameboyTroy

Nintendo Recruiting Someone Experienced In Game Engines Such As Unreal Engine 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxlAELv0l3o

Kimishima Says Nintendo Is “Researching” VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb61kJpB2k0

Loading Video...
Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Collie_Lover

@GameboyTroy: Thanks for the video post. Rich at Review tech doe a good job summarizing Nintendo NX cartridge patent topic.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Miyamoto just confirmed that they're researching VR.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/29/nintendo-confirms-vr-research

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Collie_Lover

I hope they just research VR in a cursory way and don't spend too much time on it. VR seems like a giant money pit for everyone involved.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GameboyTroy

SMD64's thoughts on the NX possibly having 4Tflops and VR.

Loading Video...

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Collie_Lover

Super Metal Dave thinks that Nintendo has upgraded the specs of the NX to compete power wise with the other consoles and to keep options open for VR. The VR samples that I have seen so far just seem so rudimentary and clumsy. Personally, I would rather see Nintendo continue to improve Wii Remote motion controls. Keep the action on the TV screen and stay away from head gear and headaches.

JPhardboiled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JPhardboiled
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

Can't wait for the new fun to begin like when Wii came out!!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GameboyTroy

Here's an Obe1 video about what he wants in open world Nintendo games on the NX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnj-lj8nWYQ

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gopre
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

@GameboyTroy: I remember having to blow into a cartridge. A pain in the neck back then, but now a fun memory. When I first learned the NX may be going cartridge, I wasn't happy about that. Not due to cartridge experience on the NES. As the man, didn't listen for his name, said in the video, the blowing into cartridge was never needed on the SNES and N64. Anyhow, the potential is high for a cartridge based system. I am now very excited Nintendo may be headed in that direction. Not sure if it'll help gain 3rd party support. Definitely can't hurt the current 3rd party support. There is practically nothing. Soar back to the top Nintendo!

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Collie_Lover

I think the "cartridges" would really be something more like 3DS cards in size, and not the giant NES and SNES cartridges. I haven't played a 3DS, but I don't recall reading anywhere that people have to blow in them to get them to work when they get older.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gopre

@Collie_Lover: Having to blow into a cartridge to get a game to work only happened on the NES. The SNES and N64 never had that problem.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Collie_Lover

@gopre: Thanks. Also, I don't recall reading that anyone has problems with 3DS cards either.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gopre

@Collie_Lover: I wonder what 3rd party companies will think of when developing games on a cartridge. For an exclusive no problem. But for a multi-platform there could be some difficulty. I may be wrong on this. New territory.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Collie_Lover

@gopre: I feel like Nintendo should make their consoles based on their (Nintendo's) specification needs first, and 3rd party developers second. Some 3rd party developers are capricious toward Nintendo, and Nintendo cannot depend on them. However, Nintendo has been saying that they tried to make the new console easy for 3rd parties to develop for, and are going to provide them with the assistance and tools needed. I don't know as much about the 3DS, but I would guess that 3rd parties could support the NX cartridge format at least as well as they do for 3DS right? I don't know to what degree the 3DS is supported by 3rd parties. Does the 3DS get better 3rd party support than the Wii U? I don't know. There have been reports by associates of Nintendo that the NX is going to get a large amount of 3rd party support, but whether that is the 3rd party support that some gamers of other systems want (GTA etc) it is hard to say.

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

@outworld222 said:

I guess I see the NX as the first N64 revival of this day and age. Heh. Cannot wait.

Be prepared to be let down...

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts

@csward: ok.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@gopre said:

@Collie_Lover: I wonder what 3rd party companies will think of when developing games on a cartridge. For an exclusive no problem. But for a multi-platform there could be some difficulty. I may be wrong on this. New territory.

If this happens the absolute worst case scenario is that they release on NX digitally. But I'm not concerned. The real selling point of NX will be its cross platform play. Make your game, adjust effects for the handheld and console, and your game will be on 2 devices with shared online and a bigger user base. 3rd party devs would love it.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

im not up to date on current game, so can't wrap my head around a new one :D

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:
@gopre said:

If this happens the absolute worst case scenario is that they release on NX digitally. But I'm not concerned. The real selling point of NX will be its cross platform play. Make your game, adjust effects for the handheld and console, and your game will be on 2 devices with shared online and a bigger user base. 3rd party devs would love it.

They really would. Despite all the oddities with Nintendo lately their handheld third party has been STRONG. Worst case is you just keep having the same handheld support and those get upscaled for the console, you'd end up with some great 3rd party games.

michaelh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 michaelh
Member since 2016 • 40 Posts

I wish I had the coin for it lol. Breath of the Wild looks amazing!!!