Next game recommendation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlCapwnUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlCapwnUK
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

Wii collection

• Twilight Princess
  • Skyward Sword
  • Mario Galaxy
  • Mario Galaxy 2
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Wii Sports Resort
  • Epic Yarn
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns

WiiU collection

• Bayonetta 2
  • Nintendoland
  • Splatoon
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Zombii U

Looking to add to my collection (before Super Mario Maker comes out), have a few questions:

• I've played a bit of Super Mario 3D World and was left a bit cold in comparison to the Galaxy series. Is it really as good as the early reviews suggested? It seems more like a greatest hits package of what came before, rather than a new exciting mario game
  • Is Deus Ex Human Revolution WiiU worth getting? Or should I stick with a PC copy?
  • I'm a big Viewtiful Joe fan, should I get 101?

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@AlCapwnUK: Yes on Wonderful 101 and Deus Ex. If you like fighting games i would get yourself a copy of Smash Bros and or Tekken Tag 2 on Wii U, both are great fighting games, of course Smash is a lot better, but both fun. You got nice collections so far, i recommend you watch for Xenoblade Chronicles X and Star Fox also.

Super Mario 3D World is really good. It is fun for all ages, but also hard on certain spots to give a challenge to more hardcore players. Also its a great coop game. For example your first couple starting levels are super easy. You just play around and get use to the controls. Then like level 3 or 4 in starting world is super hard, i play hardcore games like Donkey Kong and Wonderful 101 etc but that beast was hardcore to the bone, it took me about 15-20 tries to beat it. Of course you dont have to play the hardcore level, you can just skip it.

AlCapwnUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AlCapwnUK
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

@mesome713:

Smash has always been about couch multiplayer for me, and I don't get enough opportunities for that at the moment.

Good to hear about 3D World. I only got a chance to play the first few levels.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@AlCapwnUK said:

Good to hear about 3D World. I only got a chance to play the first few levels.

3D World is a slow build, but it does build to something great.

Wonderful 101 isn't much like Viewtiful Joe. A better comparison is Bayonetta 2, which you already have, so you should pretty much know the structure and mechanics of W101. The biggest difference is that Bayonetta 2 is nearly perfect while W101 has some major issues. If you're the type of person who likes learning new control schemes, and the idea of drawing frantically during a Bayonetta-esque combat system sounds fun to you, then you'll love that game, despite its flaws. It has a steep learning curve, but that's what made me fall in love with it.

I'd suggest getting Deus Ex on the PC if you have a good machine. It'll be much cheaper and have better performance. It's a great game, though.