Monster Hunter X (3DS) Announced - Winter 2015 JP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

You can watch the trailer below.

More flashy moves and the combat looks faster. It's scheduled for Winter 2015 in Japan, so if it comes out world wide it'll probably be sometime in 2016.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Jumping/running over the monsters looks pretty cool. That's a new feature right?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

O snap, 3DS getting that Monster Hunter love. Looks like another cool game from Capcom. The team who does this series is the best work i think ive ever seen Capcom do, and im a big Resident Evil fan.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

surprised not new 3ds

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

The added visual effects for the weapons makes such a HUGE difference. Attacking was already really satisfying; it's going to be even better with that stuff. Looks like a lot of REALLY cool changes and additions to the weapons.

I'm hoping for another Ultimate version for the West. Let Japan have the first release. I'll gladly wait for another version with more weapons and monsters, even if it comes a year or more later.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'd buy this Monster Hunter if it was a WiiU version because it seems like it's not just an expansion of a previous version with only 1 new stage and the attack animations and such seem a lot more aggressive. I'll wait on a WiiU version

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@nini200: Tbh, I'm really surprise this is another 3DS exclusive considering we just got 4U and MH Stories is on its way. MHX's exclusivity could be the final blow for any hope of another Wii U Monster Hunter. Unless they surprise us with 4UHD in E3, it really does not seem like Capcom wants to support the console.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@nini200: Tbh, I'm really surprise this is another 3DS exclusive considering we just got 4U and MH Stories is on its way. MHX's exclusivity could be the final blow for any hope of another Wii U Monster Hunter. Unless they surprise us with 4UHD in E3, it really does not seem like Capcom wants to support the console.

Then I wont buy the game. I talk with my wallet. Not buying a game like Monster Hunter on a portable system.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#9 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

@nini200 said:
@ANIMEguy10034 said:

Then I wont buy the game. I talk with my wallet. Not buying a game like Monster Hunter on a portable system.

They should port the MH games to the Wii U.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nini200

@GameboyTroy said:
@nini200 said:
@ANIMEguy10034 said:

They should port the MH games to the Wii U.

Then I'd buy it. They won't do it if we as gamers keep talking with mouths and not with our wallets.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Japan talks bigger with their wallets. The game is by far the most successful over there and handhelds are the go to gaming device. So I think we've seen the last of MH on consoles unless there's some kind of console resurgence there.

This game looks like a cool expansion, some new weapons, vaulting added to more weapons and thee super moves. However I don't expect to see this version of the game released in the west--we will likely get the re-release of it.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JordanElek

@nini200 said:

I'd buy this Monster Hunter if it was a WiiU version because it seems like it's not just an expansion of a previous version with only 1 new stage and the attack animations and such seem a lot more aggressive. I'll wait on a WiiU version

I don't think that's going to happen. We got a WiiU version of Tri because it was a relatively easy port. No MH4 for WiiU probably means no ports ever. They would have to redo the assets from the ground up, I would think. Probably not worth it, considering their biggest market wouldn't care about a WiiU version.

I was able to put 200 hours into MH4U because it was on a portable. A console version wouldn't have allowed that for me, so I'll gladly take another portable game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nini200

@JordanElek said:
@nini200 said:

I don't think that's going to happen. We got a WiiU version of Tri because it was a relatively easy port. No MH4 for WiiU probably means no ports ever. They would have to redo the assets from the ground up, I would think. Probably not worth it, considering their biggest market wouldn't care about a WiiU version.

I was able to put 200 hours into MH4U because it was on a portable. A console version wouldn't have allowed that for me, so I'll gladly take another portable game.

It won't come to WiiU, I'm sure of it.

That is why I'd rather have a WiiU ONLY Monster Hunter instead of a port.

And I've put over 350+ Hours into 3U but yeah being portable is nice too but I like to play mine with a sizable screen. Personal preference

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JordanElek

@nini200: In the best possible world, you could buy one and get both. I'd LOVE to see the action in high def on a big screen whenever I got a chance, but I also need portability to get anything done in the game without it taking years. Maybe NX will allow for something like that? :o

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nini200

@JordanElek said:

@nini200: In the best possible world, you could buy one and get both. I'd LOVE to see the action in high def on a big screen whenever I got a chance, but I also need portability to get anything done in the game without it taking years. Maybe NX will allow for something like that? :o

That'd be too perfect lol fantasy land even. I believe NX is more of a streaming service than an actual peripheral. Nintendo Xperience service (similar to Steam - however I don't know how they'd get the 3rd party support for it which is why I question it being anything major regardless of what it is). I guess we'll find out soon (not at E3 though)

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Effing awesome sawse. Three mother freaking Monster Hunter games, plus the upcoming Fire Emblem If.

3DS is the greatest system ever created IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

Effing awesome sawse. Three mother freaking Monster Hunter games, plus the upcoming Fire Emblem If.

If only my 3DS was working properly. I took care of it the best I could. Also, MH stuff.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/234769-monster-hunter-x-another-round-of-info

http://gonintendo.com/stories/235108-monster-hunter-4-ultimate-june-dlc-pack-trailer

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@Zen_Light said:

If only my 3DS was working properly. I took care of it the best I could.

Sucks man. I have a back up in case of something like that.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#19 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Color me impressed! This looks really good for a 3DS game. One thing I didn't like about Monster Hunter 4 was how rigid the combat felt. I'm hoping for a demo of this one to see if they changed that.