Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#151 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] It's not a remake, it's a port of the Most Wanted game that came out late 2012.

wrong thread lol
So this is a remake with extra content? I dont follow the game and only interested because I got a Wiiu.      Francis569
it's more of an expansion pack, kinda like "super street fighter IV" compared to "street fighter IV". i guess you could call it a remake though.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#152 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Don't answer the ()#@*(#@*( spambot!

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] wrong thread lol

:lol: My bad. I clicked the wrong thread and didn't read the earlier posts.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
[QUOTE="moltenix"]

I've always been a big hammer fan in Tri. The only downside of course is that I can't go chopping off any monster parts with them. :P

I find Greatswords to be a bit clunky to use and mostly used Longswords if I needed a cutting weapon. Anyway, i've been experimenting a lot with the Switchaxe lately and i'm starting to get the hang of it. Will definitely try to use them as my secondary weapon type next to hammers.

Anyone try the Hunting Horn yet? It looks very similar to a Hammer but just looking through the manual for it makes my head spin. I'm sure its a lot less complicated than it seems.

BrunoBRS
the hunting horn was quite the surprise. i actually move around faster with it drawn than sprinting with it on my back, thanks to the movement speed buff (which is super easy to pull). it's strong, it gives you a ton of buffs, it's somewhat fast when attacking... i really didn't have much trouble using it.

May try it out in a minute, I was stuck on the back line quite a bit when online as put it on myself to be buffer / healer when against tough opponents and this sounds like it will fit nicely into that scenario.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 dobzilian

Anyone interested in forming a team? I'll be new to this game when it comes out and I dont want to go it alone. PM! :D

mike2238
Its divided into regions so we'd need to know which region you are in and i'll be updating the topic of discussion in the next several days to add a player list for each region to make it easier for Hunters old and new to find follow Hunters.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="moltenix"]

I've always been a big hammer fan in Tri. The only downside of course is that I can't go chopping off any monster parts with them. :P

I find Greatswords to be a bit clunky to use and mostly used Longswords if I needed a cutting weapon. Anyway, i've been experimenting a lot with the Switchaxe lately and i'm starting to get the hang of it. Will definitely try to use them as my secondary weapon type next to hammers.

Anyone try the Hunting Horn yet? It looks very similar to a Hammer but just looking through the manual for it makes my head spin. I'm sure its a lot less complicated than it seems.

dobzilian
the hunting horn was quite the surprise. i actually move around faster with it drawn than sprinting with it on my back, thanks to the movement speed buff (which is super easy to pull). it's strong, it gives you a ton of buffs, it's somewhat fast when attacking... i really didn't have much trouble using it.

May try it out in a minute, I was stuck on the back line quite a bit when online as put it on myself to be buffer / healer when against tough opponents and this sounds like it will fit nicely into that scenario.

If you enjoy buffing allies, then yeah, horn is the way to go. That way you can support without hindering damage output, and as a double you can break enemy armor with smash attacks (or invalidate it with a specific buff that prevents attack deflection).
SoulSeekerUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 SoulSeekerUSA
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts
I'm very seriously considering buying a WiiU to play this. meetroid8
LOL, funny you say that. I bought 2 3ds XL's for my daughter and me and a wii u along with other accessories for just this game a good $800 not including the 3 MH3U games I have to buy come march but we both loved tri so we are looking forward to ultra and cannot wait esp after playing the demo on the wii u and 3ds they both look amazing!.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 dobzilian
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]I'm very seriously considering buying a WiiU to play this. SoulSeekerUSA
LOL, funny you say that. I bought 2 3ds XL's for my daughter and me and a wii u along with other accessories for just this game a good $800 not including the 3 MH3U games I have to buy come march but we both loved tri so we are looking forward to ultra and cannot wait esp after playing the demo on the wii u and 3ds they both look amazing!.

Its great to see such support. Myself will most likely purchase it on both wii-u and 3DS. Not that i have anyone to play it with im just greedy lol.. So guys its 23 Days away (EU). Anything which should be added to the topic of discussion? I know seperate region player lists for each Area but that is all i can think of. Anything which you people would like to be added?
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 dobzilian

Why are you doing this? It's the same game that was on the Wii      Jennifer571

Because we like the game. DUH!!!

Is that you Jayson on your alternative account?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#162 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jennifer571"]Why are you doing this? It's the same game that was on the Wii      dobzilian

Because we like the game. DUH!!!

Is that you Jayson on your alternative account?

How about you not respond to spambots huh?

Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Nitrowing
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

Good news everyone, Capcom will release a patch in April that will allow for off tv play and allow cross region play with North America and Europe. Link

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Good news everyone, Capcom will release a patch in April that will allow for off tv play and allow cross region play with North America and Europe. Link

Nitrowing
Which is great!!! I'm grateful that Capcom has decided to do this. Good Job Capcom.

Now if they could only patch those WiiMote Controls back into the game, I'll be as excited for this game as I was before the demo came out.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Nitrowing"]

nini200
Which is great!!! I'm grateful that Capcom has decided to do this. Good Job Capcom.

Now if they could only patch those WiiMote Controls back into the game, I'll be as excited for this game as I was before the demo came out.

can't you just, you know, adapt? it's not like you complained that wind waker didn't use the N64 controller, did you?
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Nitrowing"]

BrunoBRS

can't you just, you know, adapt? it's not like you complained that wind waker didn't use the N64 controller, did you?

To be fair though, the Gamecube couldn't use the N64 controller (not that anyone would actually want it to) while the Wii U can actually use the Wiimote.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 nini200
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Nitrowing"]

BrunoBRS

I have adapted. I can use the Gamepad now fairly well. I just wish the WiiMote were an option.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="nini200"] Which is great!!! I'm grateful that Capcom has decided to do this. Good Job Capcom.

I have adapted. I can use the Gamepad now fairly well. I just wish the WiiMote were an option.

you make it sound like not supporting the wiimote was a glaring flaw that hindered the game to the point of killing your interest in it.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 nini200
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] can't you just, you know, adapt? it's not like you complained that wind waker didn't use the N64 controller, did you?

you make it sound like not supporting the wiimote was a glaring flaw that hindered the game to the point of killing your interest in it.

At first it was, but now I'm just wishing for the option to use it. I was not going to buy the game because of this but I gave the Gamepad a few hours of play and got sort of used to it. I must say though, when I saw it, my hype for the game dropped majorly but I'm still slightly interested in it now that I can use the gamepad a bit. I die more than normal now but I'll just have to keep at it.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
I was using the dual swords and sword/shield combo a lot in each demo, and I liked them enough. I never felt like I was doing much damage to the enemies, just grinding them down. Then I tried out the hammer, wow. While it is slow I wrecked shop on the first (land) boss. With non-hammer weapons it would take me 15 minutes to beat him always (i'm new to MH) but with the hammer it took me less than 10 minutes, maybe like 7 or 8. I really liked using the hammer, but other than it being slow will I have many disadvantages other than that in the game using it? I might make it my main weapon.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 dobzilian

Nitrowing
Looks like i only need to purchase the WiiU version now. Winning.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]I was using the dual swords and sword/shield combo a lot in each demo, and I liked them enough. I never felt like I was doing much damage to the enemies, just grinding them down. Then I tried out the hammer, wow. While it is slow I wrecked shop on the first (land) boss. With non-hammer weapons it would take me 15 minutes to beat him always (i'm new to MH) but with the hammer it took me less than 10 minutes, maybe like 7 or 8. I really liked using the hammer, but other than it being slow will I have many disadvantages other than that in the game using it? I might make it my main weapon.

hammer is actually somewhat fast :P it's one of the few weapons dedicated to smash damage, which means you'll be able to break armor much more easily. the disadvantage is that i'm pretty sure it's impossible to chop off limbs from monsters with it :P
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]I was using the dual swords and sword/shield combo a lot in each demo, and I liked them enough. I never felt like I was doing much damage to the enemies, just grinding them down. Then I tried out the hammer, wow. While it is slow I wrecked shop on the first (land) boss. With non-hammer weapons it would take me 15 minutes to beat him always (i'm new to MH) but with the hammer it took me less than 10 minutes, maybe like 7 or 8. I really liked using the hammer, but other than it being slow will I have many disadvantages other than that in the game using it? I might make it my main weapon.

hammer is actually somewhat fast :P it's one of the few weapons dedicated to smash damage, which means you'll be able to break armor much more easily. the disadvantage is that i'm pretty sure it's impossible to chop off limbs from monsters with it :P

From what I understand, some missions require you to cut tails, limbs, etc. Could I switch to a sword for these missions or would I have to play coop with someone who uses a weapon that can cut? Once again, i'm a first time MH player
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]I was using the dual swords and sword/shield combo a lot in each demo, and I liked them enough. I never felt like I was doing much damage to the enemies, just grinding them down. Then I tried out the hammer, wow. While it is slow I wrecked shop on the first (land) boss. With non-hammer weapons it would take me 15 minutes to beat him always (i'm new to MH) but with the hammer it took me less than 10 minutes, maybe like 7 or 8. I really liked using the hammer, but other than it being slow will I have many disadvantages other than that in the game using it? I might make it my main weapon.

I also liked that I was stunning enemies more often with the hammer.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]I was using the dual swords and sword/shield combo a lot in each demo, and I liked them enough. I never felt like I was doing much damage to the enemies, just grinding them down. Then I tried out the hammer, wow. While it is slow I wrecked shop on the first (land) boss. With non-hammer weapons it would take me 15 minutes to beat him always (i'm new to MH) but with the hammer it took me less than 10 minutes, maybe like 7 or 8. I really liked using the hammer, but other than it being slow will I have many disadvantages other than that in the game using it? I might make it my main weapon.

From what I understand, some missions require you to cut tails, limbs, etc. Could I switch to a sword for these missions or would I have to play coop with someone who uses a weapon that can cut? Once again, i'm a first time MH player

they are just side objectives that can earn you a couple more materials upon completion, plus cutting tails gets rid of those annoying tail whips :P but you can change your weapon, yes. of course, you'd need to have one made (and you must choose it before heading out), or else it'll be so underpowered you might as well use the hammer :P but TBH, i'm not even sure if it's impossible or just much harder to chop tails off with a hammer. after all, give it enough hits, and a sword breaks armor/bones/etc. as for stunning, yeah, that's the other big advantage of hammers.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] but TBH, i'm not even sure if it's impossible or just much harder to chop tails off with a hammer.

Hammers are the only weapon class that can not deal cutting damage.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]I was using the dual swords and sword/shield combo a lot in each demo, and I liked them enough. I never felt like I was doing much damage to the enemies, just grinding them down. Then I tried out the hammer, wow. While it is slow I wrecked shop on the first (land) boss. With non-hammer weapons it would take me 15 minutes to beat him always (i'm new to MH) but with the hammer it took me less than 10 minutes, maybe like 7 or 8. I really liked using the hammer, but other than it being slow will I have many disadvantages other than that in the game using it? I might make it my main weapon.bonesawisready5

My main weapon was the Hammer in MH3. It just feels good running around smashing those poor monster's heads in. :D

Whenever I needed to cut something off of a monster, i'd just use a Longsword. I'm trying to get used the Switchaxe for MH3U; I didn't use it much in MH3 but i'm starting to get the hang of it in the MH3U demo. I'll always primarily be a Hammer user though; its just that awesome.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] but TBH, i'm not even sure if it's impossible or just much harder to chop tails off with a hammer.

Hammers are the only weapon class that can not deal cutting damage.

i know that, i just don't know if cutting damage is required to chop off limbs. i mean, hammer down your finger in the same spot enough times and it'll fall off :P
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ANIMEguy10034

i know that, i just don't know if cutting damage is required to chop off limbs. i mean, hammer down your finger in the same spot enough times and it'll fall off :PBrunoBRS
Cutting damage is required to cut the tail. You can attack a tail all you want with the hammer, but it won't come off until someone with cutting damage hits it. MH Logic. :P

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 dobzilian
Capcom will be giving away free dlc... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/19/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-and-the-power-of-customization/ right at the bottom of the article. WTF.....
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 nini200
[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Capcom will be giving away free dlc... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/19/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-and-the-power-of-customization/ right at the bottom of the article. WTF.....

And within that article, it CLEARLY states, It's an updated version of TRI (which had Wiimote controls) not 3G.

Anyway, I'm excited for the DLC. Really on the fence about getting this game though.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]greatswords: no infinicombo :( kinda clunky to play now, even for GS standards

You shouldn't do that infinite combo, it's disruptive and does little damage. (like 18% for most swings). You can still charge -> slap -> charge. With the bow you are supposed to charge your shots up to level 3. That bunny dies in no time.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 teknic1200
[QUOTE="nini200"] And within that article, it CLEARLY states, It's an updated version of TRI (which had Wiimote controls) not 3G.

Anyway, I'm excited for the DLC. Really on the fence about getting this game though.

You don't know much about the franchises history do you? Ultimate 3rd has 51 large monsters to hunt vs the 18 that were in tri. If you wanna go ahead and call it tri, you're putting out bad information. The franchise has always updated itself like this: Tri -> Portable 3rd -> Portable 3rd HD -> Ultimate 3. Monster hunter 2 -> Monster Hunter Portable 2 -> Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (monster hunter 2g). It's not "updated" it's "expanded" there's a big difference. 51 monsters to tri's 18. Also G rank armors all have a unique look it's not just a higher rank set. 51 monsters with unique armor and weapons of each class. hardly an "updated tri".
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 teknic1200
[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Capcom will be giving away free dlc... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/19/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-and-the-power-of-customization/ right at the bottom of the article. WTF.....

It's basically just like the event quests in tri but you can download them all and play them at any time as opposed to waiting for the event to come back around. I'm pretty stoked for next tuesday to get here!
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 nini200
[QUOTE="teknic1200"][QUOTE="nini200"] And within that article, it CLEARLY states, It's an updated version of TRI (which had Wiimote controls) not 3G.

You don't know much about the franchises history do you? Ultimate 3rd has 51 large monsters to hunt vs the 18 that were in tri. If you wanna go ahead and call it tri, you're putting out bad information. The franchise has always updated itself like this: Tri -> Portable 3rd -> Portable 3rd HD -> Ultimate 3. Monster hunter 2 -> Monster Hunter Portable 2 -> Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (monster hunter 2g). It's not "updated" it's "expanded" there's a big difference. 51 monsters to tri's 18. Also G rank armors all have a unique look it's not just a higher rank set. 51 monsters with unique armor and weapons of each class. hardly an "updated tri".

Guess you told that article's author seeing as how it came from them not me. Tri was my first MH and I really enjoyed it. 3U may be my next one
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 dobzilian
[QUOTE="teknic1200"][QUOTE="dobzilian"]Capcom will be giving away free dlc... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/19/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-and-the-power-of-customization/ right at the bottom of the article. WTF.....

I was surprised as its Capcom and they never give anything away for free lol. It's basically just like the event quests in tri but you can download them all and play them at any time as opposed to waiting for the event to come back around. I'm pretty stoked for next tuesday to get here!

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

Loved the Demo. This will be my first Monster Hunter. What weapons do you recommend for beginners? Or should I just go with the weapon that feels right?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ANIMEguy10034

Loved the Demo. This will be my first Monster Hunter. What weapons do you recommend for beginners? Or should I just go with the weapon that feels right?

emirblade

Pick your favorite. :) You start with one of each weapon class so you have enough time to decide on which you prefer before going on big hunts.

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

[QUOTE="emirblade"]

ANIMEguy10034

Pick your favorite. :) You start with one of each weapon class so you have enough time to decide on which you prefer before going on big hunts.

That's great, thanks. I'm leaning towards dual blades but haven't tried all of the weapon types yet.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="dobzilian"]Capcom will be giving away free dlc... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/19/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-and-the-power-of-customization/ right at the bottom of the article. WTF.....

And within that article, it CLEARLY states, It's an updated version of TRI (which had Wiimote controls) not 3G.

they say 3G is an updated version of tri. they're porting a 3DS game, not a wii game. get over it already, it's annoying.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="teknic1200"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]greatswords: no infinicombo :( kinda clunky to play now, even for GS standards

You shouldn't do that infinite combo, it's disruptive and does little damage. (like 18% for most swings). You can still charge -> slap -> charge. With the bow you are supposed to charge your shots up to level 3. That bunny dies in no time.

i've played the game considerably, and i've played plenty of the demo (and chatted around with hunters that actually have bow experience) since i last posted here about those things. first and foremost, the infinicombo might not be as damage-effective against a single target, but it's still pretty good when you have smaller monsters or just need to keep hitting a fast monster. second, i've learned a lot of stuff about the bow, and managed to kill both monsters from the demo with relative ease. the "barrage" attack is pretty bad underwater though.
Exile_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Exile_basic
Member since 2002 • 270 Posts

Just how big is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

[IMG]

If you've been curious about some of the exact numbers regarding Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, today is your lucky day. Some of you might have thought this was just a port of Monster Hunter Tri (Wii), but it is actually much much more.
Just for reference, the Japenese title of MH3U is Monster Hunter 3G (or Tri G), and you know... when they add that "G" to the title, they mean business - that is, they don't hold back on content, so you can expect Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to be totally packed with stuff for you to see and do! Here's the breakdwon:
Starting with some of the most exciting aspects, there are a total of 73 different (both small and large) monsters, including all of the monsters from Monster Hunter Tri, most of the ones introduced in the Japan-only Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, and the fan favorite hip-checkin' Plesioth (and the Green Plesioth). On top of that, they added a couple of new subspecies and rare species and the brand new Brachydios!
So if the last MH game you've played was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), brace yourself because this game is pretty much all new content for you. If you've been playing Monster Hunter Tri, however, here's the list of new targets you can expect to hunt:
from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Anteka (small)
Bullfango (small)
Azure Rathalos (subspecies)
Silver Rathalos
Pink Rathian (subspecies)
Gold Rathian
Plesioth
Green Plesioth (subspecies)
Black Diablos
Nargacuga

from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Gargwa (small)
Slagtoth (small)
Wroggi (small)
Arzuros
Great Wroggi
Lagombi
Volvidon
Nibelsnarf
Duramboros
Zinogre
Crimson Qurupeco (subspecies)
Purple Ludroth (subspecies)
Jade Barroth (subspecies)
Baleful Gigginox (subspecies)
Sand Barioth (subspecies)
Steel Uragaan (subspecies)
Glacial Agnaktor (subspecies)
Green Nargacuga (subspecies) 

new to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Brachydios
Rust Duramboros (subspecies)
Stygian Zinogre (subspecies)
Lucent Nargacuga (subspecies)
Ivory Lagiacrus (subspecies)
Abyssal Lagiacrus (subspecies)
Savage Deviljho (subspecies)
Hallowed Jhen Mohran (subspecies)
Goldbeard Ceadeus (subspecies)
... and a brand new final boss!

Whoa... that was a long list! Sounds like you're going to need some help. And that's why Monster Hunter 3 Ultimatenot only features local (3DS) and online (Wii U) multiplayer, but it also adds one new A.I. shakalaka companion. If you liked Cha-Cha, then you're gonna like Kayamba too! And if you didn't like Cha-Cha, you have one more thing in common with Kayamba, since they are rivals... so in the end, you're gonna like 'em either way. =P
Anyways, you can customize both of them with various abilities, dances and a total of 18 masks that give them additional special abilities!
Now onto some other nitty-gritty numbers, there are...
211 new quests (being 63 from the Village High-rank, 136 from the Port Tanzia G-rank and 12 Arena quests). New total is 339, not event counting the free DLC quests!!!
2042 new pieces of equipment broken down as follows:
- 59 Great Swords, 83 Long Swords, 71 Sword & Shields, 122 Dual Blades, 73 Hammers, 99 Hunting Horns, 78Lances,108 Gunlances, 76 Switch Axex, 91 Heavy Bowguns, 96 Light Bowguns, 115 Bows; Total number of weapons is now1398!
1028 new Armor pieces; Total number of amor pieces is now 1663!
Now the total number of equipment is 3061! Can you believe it?

And there are also 3 new areas: The Tower, Misty Peaks and the Tainted Sea
It's really a lot of content! So next time someone tells you this is just a port of MHTri, please prove them wrong with the stats above. I think by the time you get to the 15th new monster, they'll get the idea.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2013/03/15/just-how-big-is-monster-hunter-3-ultimate

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ANIMEguy10034

Now the total number of equipment is 3061!Exile_basic

My body is ready.

Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#195 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]greatswords: no infinicombo :( kinda clunky to play now, even for GS standards teknic1200

Nope. Not starting this again. I've come to just let people play however the heck they want. However, for all that aren't completely in the know of a weapon, you can always search up some videos on yt by some MH vets who know what they're doing. Be cautious though, a lot of people with experience still don't know squat after all this time. Shepard is still a good go to source for all new hunters imo. Then there's Gale for the intermediate hunters trying to up there game. Once you begin seeing how weapons are used for damage effciency, you'll improve dramatically as a hunter, and will start to hang with the big boys. The guys who take out  Ala and Jho in ten minutes.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 ANIMEguy10034

IGN's review is now up.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#197 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

The IGN review was pretty good, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make the plunge right now or later. Too many games coming out in March.

Edit: EuroGamer gave it a 9.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#198 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Cant wait to kill Alatreon again :D

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts