Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Just had my first attempt at Brachydios...

Yeah....

Any tips? :(

I don't think i've ever been carted so quickly back to back. I always thought Barioth was speedy; this guy puts him to shame. :oops:

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#552 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Rath Soul looks like a tempting armor set. Earplugs, Razor Sharp and 7 Slots! How hard is AzureLos? I imagine that the set would gonna require some crazy rare materials. :|

moltenix

It looks amazing as well. I have a feeling it requires Rathalos Mantles. I've been trying to get those for quite a while to upgrade my LS. Captured over 15 G-Rank Azure Rathalos now and no luck. Hopefully you'll have an easier time farming those.

Azure Rathalos isn't hard after you learn its move patterns and obtained G-Rank armor. The fact that it takes 20 minutes to defeat solo is what annoys me about it. The struggles of not owning a Wii U. :( Make sure you're using Dragon or Ice against it.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553 ANIMEguy10034

Yeah....

I don't think i've ever been carted so quickly back to back. I always thought Barioth was speedy; this guy puts him to shame. :oops:

moltenix
I HATED BRACHYDIOS AT FIRST. I had my first death of the game during that fight. :x Keep cautious and don't be reckless whenever he's raging. And use water! And have fun with Nargacuga! ;)
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 moltenix

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

Yeah....

ANIMEguy10034

I HATED BRACHYDIOS AT FIRST. I had my first death of the game during that fight. :x Keep cautious and don't be reckless whenever he's raging. And use water! And have fun with Nargacuga! ;)

I died all three times during his raging shenanigans.

I'll probably hold off from fighting him for a bit. I was kinda anxious about getting his weapons and rushed into it thinking he'd be easy. :lol:

Anyway, I got two fearsome maws during one quest when I have no use for them. Good ol' desire sensor. Now i'm never gonna get those Lagi and Los Plates...

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555 ANIMEguy10034
I was kinda anxious about getting his weapons and rushed into it thinking he'd be easy. :lol:moltenix
I don't blame ya. Slime is so cheap. :P
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556 moltenix

Hmm, Dios or Rathalos Hammer branch? For late HR/early G. I'm sure slime is great but the thought of farming for it, lol. Not that farming plates and rubies is any fun either. :|

My other hammer right now is Carapace+; i'm not sure if I should go with Brazenclout or Barroth Hammer.

I'm at a point where my best switchaxe is much more efficient than my Carapace+ so it'd be nice to get my hands on a really good hammer (even if its for the short term).

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#557 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Anyone know how to get Monster Bone L?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 ANIMEguy10034

Hmm, Dios or Rathalos Hammer branch? For late HR/early G. I'm sure slime is great but the thought of farming for it, lol. Not that farming plates and rubies is any fun either. :|

My other hammer right now is Carapace+; i'm not sure if I should go with Brazenclout or Barroth Hammer.

I'm at a point where my best switchaxe is much more efficient than my Carapace+ so it'd be nice to get my hands on a really good hammer (even if its for the short term).

moltenix
Slime wouldn't be that useful for hammers. You have the keep attacking for it to explode and faster attacks = more explosions. I really recommend slime for SnS, DS, LS, and the Kelbi Bow. Get the Rathalos Hammer.
Anyone know how to get Monster Bone L?Haziqonfire
Barroth gives them pretty easily.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559 moltenix

Get the Rathalos Hammer.ANIMEguy10034

That's what I was leaning towards.

Decided to upgrade my Carapace to the Barroth Hammer in the meantime. Still not as good as my switchaxe though. Luckily, it looks like I can upgrade it again with some Barroth and Duramboros (ugh...) parts. Then i'll have over 1000 raw and a sliver of blue sharpness. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561 ANIMEguy10034
Took me 41 minutes to kill Dire Miralis. What an intense battle. :shock: Finally reached HR8 and jumped directly to HR35. My journey to solo as much as I can before I purchase a Wii U continues. :cry:[QUOTE="sukrat"]Anyone got any tips on spotting a Lagiacrus ready to capture underwater? Kinda hard to spot a limp when the monster is swimming around. . .

If you see it swim slowly, while moaning in pain and kinda falling downwards, that's when it's ready for capture.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#562 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"] If you see it swim slowly, while moaning in pain and kinda falling downwards, that's when it's ready for capture.

it's a spambot. it copies a random post from a thread and adds some weird emoticoms to it. sometimes the link is broken and doesn't show unless you quote it.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563 moltenix

Is Lagi Plate more common in HR? I just got two as quest rewards for capping my first HR Lagia. :D

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
GRRR Jhen Mohran. 3 Fights / 3 fails. what you guys recommend ? Also HR 4 today... Winning.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565 moltenix

OMG! Deviljho... that ___ needs to go die in a bottomless pit! :evil:

Edit: As much as i'm enjoying this game, it really puts me into my own rage mode sometimes. :P

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566 moltenix

Is there such a thing as good charms in high rank?

If there is, I haven't found any. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 ANIMEguy10034

Is Lagi Plate more common in HR? I just got two as quest rewards for capping my first HR Lagia. :D

moltenix

Yep. :D
GRRR Jhen Mohran. 3 Fights / 3 fails. what you guys recommend ? Also HR 4 today... Winning.dobzilian
Use Dragon or Ice. I would also recommend attack boosting skills and items, such as Might Pills, seeds, demondrug, etc.

OMG! Deviljho... that ___ needs to go die in a bottomless pit! :evil:

Edit: As much as i'm enjoying this game, it really puts me into my own rage mode sometimes. :P

moltenix

More rage awaits for you in G-Rank. Those quests are truly made for multiple people. :P I really wish I had someone to play with right now.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568 ANIMEguy10034
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] it's a spambot. it copies a random post from a thread and adds some weird emoticoms to it. sometimes the link is broken and doesn't show unless you quote it.

That explains a lot actually. :P
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 dobzilian
Thanks AnimeGuy. Will have a go later on.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 moltenix

More rage awaits for you in G-Rank. Those quests are truly made for multiple people. :P I really wish I had someone to play with right now.

ANIMEguy10034

I'm gonna stop playing when i've finished with High Rank quests in village and have upgraded all the armor/weapons I want that are available in HR.

I'll leave the Tanzia Port quests for when I get a Wii U. At least that way, i`ll have stuff to actually do when I pick up the Wii U version someday. (Then it won`t feel like i`m rebuying the same game... kinda) :P

Some of those "Hunt multiple monster" quests later on in HR look kinda intimidating...

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] it's a spambot. it copies a random post from a thread and adds some weird emoticoms to it. sometimes the link is broken and doesn't show unless you quote it.

That explains a lot actually. :P

freaking thing infested my precious GW2 thread on the PC board ;-; also, I'M ALMOST DONE WITH THIS SEMESTER OF COLLEGE, WOO!!! then i'll be able to go back to my games! barely played monster hunter since i finished my rathalos armor, partly because i wanted to give my friend time to catch up (last i checked, he was raging over gobul). i think i soloed a LR barroth just for the heck of it, and was kind of annoyed that he was stronger than his village equivalent, health-wise. that, or i kinda got bad with the bow.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#572 moltenix

I've been going on a Capping Spree lately. Is it better to kill or cap?

From what I understand, capping has a better chance of getting those rare drops like plates and rubies. I'm guessing killing is better if I want those common materials like carapaces/hides/etc?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 BrunoBRS

I've been going on a Capping Spree lately. Is it better to kill or cap?

From what I understand, capping has a better chance of getting those rare drops like plates and rubies. I'm guessing killing is better if I want those common materials like carapaces/hides/etc?

moltenix
I'm not sure if it's true, but i don't think the loot tables changed since tri, so you can use them while no one comes up with 3U tables. But in general, capping gives you more drops than killing, both in quantity and quality.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 moltenix

Just finished the HR Diablos quest and definitely could've done better. I still need three more Diablos Ridge+ for my Volt Axe though. Any tips on fighting him? I don't usually like fighting this guy and don't really know any of his secrets. :P

I found that standing by his legs wasn't the safest place when he starts tail-spinning. He's pretty agile though so maybe i'm just trying to get in too many hits. It's also pretty scary when he bursts out of the ground right beneath you; is there any way to flush him out or a good way of telling where he's gonna jump out?

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575 moltenix

OMG, Brachydios just killed me!

The worst part is that my trap was down and he was ready for capture... :cry::cry::cry:

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 BrunoBRS

Just finished the HR Diablos quest and definitely could've done better. I still need three more Diablos Ridge+ for my Volt Axe though. Any tips on fighting him? I don't usually like fighting this guy and don't really know any of his secrets. :P

I found that standing by his legs wasn't the safest place when he starts tail-spinning. He's pretty agile though so maybe i'm just trying to get in too many hits. It's also pretty scary when he bursts out of the ground right beneath you; is there any way to flush him out or a good way of telling where he's gonna jump out?

moltenix
try your luck with sonic bombs. i can never make them work, but if you're lucky, they'll make it jump out of the sand and flail about like a magikarp for a couple seconds. also supposedly works on nibelsnarf (most awesome name ever)
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577 dobzilian
talking about drops. I remember reading that stroking your pig gives you super lucky cat.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578 ANIMEguy10034

i can never make them workBrunoBRS
MEEEEEEEEE I always throw them and they never stun the monster. Whenever I see someone else do it, I'm like, "WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS?!?!"

OMG, Brachydios just killed me!

The worst part is that my trap was down and he was ready for capture... :cry::cry::cry:

moltenix

Duuuude, that REALLY sucks.

I remember when I placed a shock trap, trying to capture Azure Rathalos, and he swooped down and tried to eat me. Instead, he got caught in my trap and I was stuck in the being-eaten animation. The trap disappeared and Azure Rathalos was free the moment I was finally able to get up. I tried again with my pitfall trap and a double aerial poison claw with a fire ball to the face combo killed me.

I was so disappointed.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579 moltenix

Finally made it to 9 star village quests. Time to farm for my AzureLos set and get the final HR upgrades for my main weapons. I can't wait to get some blue sharpness. :D

I need like 3 Rath Rubies though... desire sensor is gonna get me for sure! :cry:

Edit: A Ruby and Medulla in one run? :shock:

Edit2: A Nargacuga Medula on my first ever tail carve? :o Fun fight though; better than Barioth I think.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 moltenix

How do we get those Powercharms and Armorcharms again?

I haven't seen any from the Argosy Captain yet.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581 BrunoBRS

moltenix
the argosy dude just started bringing them around the time i unlocked the volcano. they're rare trades.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#582 moltenix

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

BrunoBRS

the argosy dude just started bringing them around the time i unlocked the volcano. they're rare trades.

OH, that's why!! :o

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583 moltenix

Why is AzureLos' tail so durable? I need 5 tails dammit! :cry:

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 dobzilian
Jeeze. Thought the Bat/wyvern this evening and my 2 fellow hunters DC'd leaving me to fight it alone. I lost the battle but will win the war. HR4 Now.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585 dobzilian
anyone up for some hunting?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#586 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

anyone up for some hunting?dobzilian

With you?

Nah I'll pass

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]anyone up for some hunting?Jaysonguy
With you?Nah I'll pass

What happened to 'its onry a rehash' and 'why are you doing this thread?' and all the other crazy talk?

C'mon Dude. No need to be all Grumpy. Its all in the past. Lets just get along? No hard feelings aye?

HR4. Only couple left. need to farm Rath's and Quarepco's.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588 Jaysonguy

Barroth, how do I get to him?

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Jaysonguy

In the desert? He's usually in area 3 under the water. You'll see the top of his head.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

thetravman

In the desert? He's usually in area 3 under the water. You'll see the top of his head.

Thanks, I killed a few. Jordan wont play with me until tomorrow, anyone feel like helping me get a few Barroth tails?

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#591 dobzilian

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Thanks, I killed a few. Jordan wont play with me until tomorrow, anyone feel like helping me get a few Barroth tails?

I was about to play.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

dobzilian

I was about to play.

Dang, you missed a good "with you? Nah" opportunity! lol

I have a few more dishes to clean and then I'll be free, are we friends on the Wii U yet?

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#594 dobzilian
Rathalos +, quarepco +, C quarepco, plesioth + equipment sets complete.