JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#51 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Meh. Wake me up when there's an Amiibo that unlocks a tournament mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: Mario Tennis Open 3DS, enjoy mate.

shalashaska_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 shalashaska_
Member since 2015 • 204 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: Maybe there will be some free dlc down the line like with ssb4

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#54 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@shalashaska_ said:

@JustPlainLucas: Maybe there will be some free dlc down the line like with ssb4

Shouldn't the game be complete when it is released?

shalashaska_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 shalashaska_

@aigis: I'm sure I'll have enough fun to tide me over while I wait for dlc, I even have xenoblade coming up :)

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 aigis

@shalashaska_ said:

@aigis: I'm sure I'll have enough fun to tide me over while I wait for dlc, I even have xenoblade coming up :)

But we don't even know if its coming...

shalashaska_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 shalashaska_

@aigis: Nintendo is usually pretty good about listening to their fans ;)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@shalashaska_ said:

@aigis: Nintendo is usually pretty good about listening to their fans ;)

No they're not

Also this game is one of the worst sports titles Nintendo's ever released.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Jaysonguy: Mario Sports Mix was pretty bad on Wii. new Play Control Mario Tennis for Wii did pretty bad also. Mario Super Sluggers for Wii scored bad. Mario and Sonic Sports games always score bad. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 for DS didnt do too great.

This game is fine, read the reviews, awesome local player, awesome online, awesome Amiibo support, its main faults were lack of content and rehash. But they all stated the gameplay was fun and flawless. It is what it is. Its Mario Tennis multiplayer focus, if thats what you want, then the game is great, if you want single player, go for the 3DS one, its got great single player but bad multiplayer.

This is why we need the NX, we need a unified system so we can get one big Mario Tennis game that works on handheld and home console, that way we dont have to keep getting half and half, we can get the full thing.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By aigis

@Jaysonguy: Ya they really dropped the ball on this one, it should be a good game at launch and is missing so many basic features right now

@mesome713:To me they messed up the core gameplay with those spot light power smash things, it just became too easy to win and was so boring with no strategy. The n64 and gc versions were superior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@aigis: I dont know, bout every single review said the game has fun gameplay with flawless mechanics, plus you can play without that stuff and enjoy the game. If you enjoy Mario Tennis multiplayer, this is the best one yet. If you want fun single player, we got Mario Tennis Open for the 3DS.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#62 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@GameboyTroy: it looks great but there's no way in hell id pay 60 for it. Might ask for it for Christmas. There's always that toys r us deal this weekend.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 aigis

@mesome713: most reviews have been pretty negative to be honest

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@aigis: He just basically stated exactly what i did. Him and majority of reviewers are agreeing.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By aigis

@mesome713: he said he hated the chance shots... he also said that the core mechanics were not as good as the originals... The only thing the reviewers are agreeing on is the game is bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@aigis: He stated when it comes to the core gameplay, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash still has it. He says the new Ultra Shots are good, but having the rest of the chance shots included makes the game more about them and less about Tennis. He felt he was playing a chaotic game of chance shots and got bored of using them. But then he states you can turn all that off if you dont like them.

Then he goes back to stating that although he loved playing OG Mario Tennis style, lack of single player content bored him. Then he states Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is amazing when played with friends just like old times. And also states that the online play is amazing vs the world, but doesnt like that you can play with friends online locally, but not through the wire. Also states the online runs smoothly.

Then on performance he stats the games runs at 60fps and the characters detail is amazing. Also the polish is amazing. Hes closing argument is the game is super fun for what it has, but lack of single player content holds it back. Same argument every single critic has been using.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JustPlainLucas

@mesome713 said:

I really dislike that kind of response. "Oh, you're not happy with a franchise's successor, that should be improved upon in each and every way? Play an older game in the series!" That's akin to Don Mattrick telling people on submarines to just settle for the Xbox 360. I have Mario Tennis Open, by the way, but the point was to sell me on Ultra Smash and Nintendo failed on that.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts
@jcrame10 said:

@GameboyTroy: it looks great but there's no way in hell id pay 60 for it. Might ask for it for Christmas. There's always that toys r us deal this weekend.

You don't have to buy it.

*unfollows thread*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JustPlainLucas said:
@mesome713 said:

I really dislike that kind of response. "Oh, you're not happy with a franchise's successor, that should be improved upon in each and every way? Play an older game in the series!" That's akin to Don Mattrick telling people on submarines to just settle for the Xbox 360. I have Mario Tennis Open, by the way, but the point was to sell me on Ultra Smash and Nintendo failed on that.

My point was that we have two Mario Tennis games this gen. One is heavily focused on single player, the other is heavily focused on multiplayer. Depending on which you want, Camelot has offered two solid games. You stated you wanted tournament mode, so i recommended the Mario Tennis game from current gen that has it.

Camelot is in a hard spot, they are releasing the same game on two different platforms. Its a probelm that needs fixed and Nintendo has stated they want to fix this with the NX handheld and home console. That way developers dont have to create and cater to two different consumers and can focus on delivering one solid title for both. If we put Mario Tennis Open and Ultra Smash together we have the best Mario Tennis game ever made. They did good with the game, they just didnt do enough.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 JustPlainLucas

@mesome713 said:

@Jaysonguy: Mario Sports Mix was pretty bad on Wii. new Play Control Mario Tennis for Wii did pretty bad also. Mario Super Sluggers for Wii scored bad. Mario and Sonic Sports games always score bad. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 for DS didnt do too great.

This game is fine, read the reviews, awesome local player, awesome online, awesome Amiibo support, its main faults were lack of content and rehash. But they all stated the gameplay was fun and flawless. It is what it is. Its Mario Tennis multiplayer focus, if thats what you want, then the game is great, if you want single player, go for the 3DS one, its got great single player but bad multiplayer.

This is why we need the NX, we need a unified system so we can get one big Mario Tennis game that works on handheld and home console, that way we dont have to keep getting half and half, we can get the full thing.

The game is not fine. It's scoring worse than Mario Tennis Open. It's on a console, which means it should be a bigger game, but it has even less content than its portable counterpart. That is just simply idiotic. And no it doesn't have awesome online when you can't even FIND your friends! Indefensible! Nintendo will keep doing this kind of shit when fans like yourself stay complacent. The NX will NOT fix that if the attitude of the average Nintendo fanboy stays the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JustPlainLucas: You act like Mario Tennis Open scored good? The game was heavily criticized for lack of multiplayer. This game is way bigger then Mario Tennis Open. You think offering online play is cheap? Every single company has been cutting content so they can offer solid online play, Halo 5 did it, Star Wars BattleFront did it, Need for Speed did it, this is nothing new. Nintendo has two choices, cut content, or add microtranactions. ith hopefully they the problem.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 JustPlainLucas

@mesome713 said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@mesome713 said:

My point was that we have two Mario Tennis games this gen. One is heavily focused on single player, the other is heavily focused on multiplayer. Depending on which you want, Camelot has offered two solid games. You stated you wanted tournament mode, so i recommended the Mario Tennis game from current gen that has it.

Camelot is in a hard spot, they are releasing the same game on two different platforms. Its a probelm that needs fixed and Nintendo has stated they want to fix this with the NX handheld and home console. That way developers dont have to create and cater to two different consumers and can focus on delivering one solid title for both. If we put Mario Tennis Open and Ultra Smash together we have the best Mario Tennis game ever made. They did good with the game, they just didnt do enough.

Ultra Smash should have had tournament mode. I mean, how hard would it have been to program something like that? Console games have always been bigger than their handheld counterparts. There is simply just no excusable reason for Ultra Smash, being a SPORTS game, to not have a tournament! And why the HELL do we have to wait for the NX to fix something that gaming companies have already been doing right for years?

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

You know, I loved Mario Tennis on the N64, but this one and the 3DS one just look to be a generic, robotic 3DS/Wii U release. I can't find myself caring.

Go back to Golden Sun, Camelot!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@MarioFan264: These games are basically the same as those old games, just have more stuff added to them. Mario Tennis has always been praised for fun local multiplayer, and thats no different then in these releases. Except now you can take that same fun gameplay and play against the world.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JustPlainLucas

@mesome713 said:

@JustPlainLucas: You act like Mario Tennis Open scored good? The game was heavily criticized for lack of multiplayer. This game is way bigger then Mario Tennis Open. You think offering online play is cheap? Every single company has been cutting content so they can offer solid online play, Halo 5 did it, Star Wars BattleFront did it, Need for Speed did it, this is nothing new. Nintendo has two choices, cut content, or add microtranactions.

I seriously doubt that Nintendo would have saved much money cutting tournament out of Ultra Smash. I mean, Camelot had Tournament in Open, so they already had a friggin template they could have ported over to Ultra Smash, and there's a HUGE difference when it comes to a single player campaign for a shooter versus a tournament mode for a sports game. For something like Battlefront, you would need to write a story, design environments, produce a score, all that crap. Separate teams are need just to make a campaign mode for shooters. A tournament mode for a sports game? It's fucking brackets...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JustPlainLucas: Tournament mode was not their focus, they didnt want to just rehash Mario Tennis Open for Wii U, they wanted to as they have always stated, create a multiplayer focused title. They focused heavily on delivering this, dual screen multiplayer, local multiplayer, Amiibo support, and some awesome online vs the World. This stuff is not cheap and takes a lot of time. This game is not over, they can easily add more stuff to keep it fresh.

And their is no excuse for big budget high selling games to cut so much content and add microtranactions to their games. No one is talking single player content vs tournament mode, thats you, we are talking cutting content vs cutting content.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jcrame10

@GameboyTroy: I don't really see why anyone would really, like it's embarrassing that nintendo is ignorant enough to offer something like this for the same price as fallout, halo, metal gear, ect basically any other game that has way more content. It sounds even worse than Evolve.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10: Cause it has better gameplay then all them games. Its more polished also. Has that replay-ability that can be enjoyed for years.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jcrame10

@mesome713: as someone who owns mario tennis and mario power tennis I don't see why buying this for 60, when I could play those and it's virtually the same thing but with worse graphics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10: Cause this game is bout the same and if you want awesome dual screen multiplayer, fun online multiplayer vs the World, and great Amiibo support, then this is the game for you. If you dont want these things, then i wouldnt buy. If these are the things you care about, which i thought was why everyone loved the old ones anyways, then this is the best one yet.

Ive played Mario Tennis N64 and Mario Power Tennis on GC and Wii, they had boring single player to me that got old real quick, the only reason i enjoyed them so much was the multiplayer, me and my friends would play them like crazy and compete against each other.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jcrame10

@mesome713: it would be nice for the online multiplayer, but someone's already said it's a pain and you can't find your friends? What is that about? I haven't read the full review.

And as someone else already stated, it it's not more expansive than the other games then it kind of defeats its own purpose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10: You can play with your friends online locally but not through the wire, its the number one complaint Nintendo has been receiving. My advise is to email Nintendo like everyone including myself has been doing. If you want change, you have to ask for it.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MarioFan264

@mesome713 said:

@MarioFan264: These games are basically the same as those old games, just have more stuff added to them. Mario Tennis has always been praised for fun local multiplayer, and thats no different then in these releases. Except now you can take that same fun gameplay and play against the world.

More stuff like... Gold Mario? No thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@MarioFan264: Hey now, Gold Mario is awesome.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jcrame10

@mesome713: what do you mean through the wire?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10: You cant play with your friends remotely through an internet connection, you have to play with them online locally. Through the wire is slang for internet cable.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jcrame10

@mesome713: lol only Nintendo would do something that dumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10 said:

@mesome713: lol only Nintendo would do something that dumb

Nintendo didnt do it, they didnt make the game.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jcrame10

@mesome713: they've worked with the company that made it for 15 years now...I'm sure they have some creative input into the games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@jcrame10: None, Nintendo sent no producers, this is all the work of the famous Takahashi brothers.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 JustPlainLucas

@mesome713 said:

@JustPlainLucas: Tournament mode was not their focus, they didnt want to just rehash Mario Tennis Open for Wii U, they wanted to as they have always stated, create a multiplayer focused title. They focused heavily on delivering this, dual screen multiplayer, local multiplayer, Amiibo support, and some awesome online vs the World. This stuff is not cheap and takes a lot of time. This game is not over, they can easily add more stuff to keep it fresh.

And their is no excuse for big budget high selling games to cut so much content and add microtranactions to their games. No one is talking single player content vs tournament mode, thats you, we are talking cutting content vs cutting content.

So, instead of rehashing Open, they decided to make a follow-up with less content.... So, if there's no excuse for a big budget high selling game to cut its content, then... why does Nintendo have to cut their content with a freaking Mario sports title... You do know Nintendo is still sitting on billions from the Wii, right? They wouldn't have broken the bank putting tourney in Ultra Smash. Why are you trying so hard to defend this game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JustPlainLucas: You'll have to ask Camelot about that one. No one is defending nothing, if you have complaints about the game send them a letter. This game added plenty of content, your only focused on what it doesn't have.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By JustPlainLucas

@mesome713 said:

@jcrame10: Cause it has better gameplay then all them games. Its more polished also. Has that replay-ability that can be enjoyed for years.

And that's entirely subjective. Both Halo and Mario Tennis have you doing the same things over and and over again. Halo, you shoot a bunch of people again and again. Mario Tennis, you hit the ball back and forth again and again. Both franchises excel at their core gameplay. So, comparing the two and saying one's better than the other is incredibly asinine.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 jcrame10

@JustPlainLucas: I'm pretty sure Halo 2 was around for over 10 years...so the argument about "replayability" is insane as well lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JustPlainLucas: Dont be scared mate, it's just opinions. Some enjoy playing fun tennis competitively more then shooting people competitively.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JustPlainLucas

@mesome713 said:

@JustPlainLucas: Dont be scared mate, it's just opinions. Some enjoy playing fun tennis competitively more then shooting people competitively.

So long as you respect someone else's opinion when they prefer Halo to tennis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JustPlainLucas: I would respect their opinion even if they enjoyed Mario Party 10 over Halo 5. It's their taste, not mine.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 JustPlainLucas

@mesome713 said:

@JustPlainLucas: I would respect their opinion even if they enjoyed Mario Party 10 over Halo 5. It's their taste, not mine.

You speak of your opinion as if it is fact, though.

@mesome713 said:

No, what you are speaking of is preference, not a quantitative state of quality. You dismiss the possibility of the other games as not being polished; not having replayability. This simply isn't the case. They have high replayability for fans of shooters, just as Mario Tennis has high replayability for tennis fans. What I also find telling is that you say you'll respect someone's opinion if they say they like Mario Party 10 over Halo 5, automatically liking a Nintendo game over a competitor's. You're wearing your bias on your sleeve, so pardon me if I don't believe you when you say you'll respect someone's opinion, unless it coincides with your own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JustPlainLucas: In my opinion the gameplay is better. In my opinion the replayability last longer, in my opinion its more polished.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MarioFan264

@mesome713 said:

@MarioFan264: Hey now, Gold Mario is awesome.

He really isn't. Of all things that Nintendo's Mario spinoffs should have down by now is the character roster. Yet they're still pumping out small character rosters, cutting out characters that needn't be cut, and adding absurdly ridiculous filler characters like Gold Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Cat Mario, Baby Daisy, etc.,etc. It's embarrassing.

Although character rosters aren't the biggest deal in a series like this, there is still much to be said about these choices, and leaving out characters like Diddy Kong that people actually wanted to play.