Mario Kart Free game (Pick one)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Mario Kart Free game (Pick one) (33 votes)

New Super Mario Bros 21%
Zelda : wind Waker HD 21%
PikMin 3 30%
Party U 21%
Other 6%

Which one are you guys going to pick? My problem is that i already own all of these titles. I have contacted nintendo, and they were pretty much, like the deal is what it is. I wonder if anyone else has that issue. I hope i can use it on another game or credit.

4 great games to choose from though... Which one are you choosing?

(PS i understand some other regions have more titles. That's why i show other. )

• 
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

The only one I don't already have is Party U :(

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Thought about it... Decided to sell Mario Bros for 40$ and opt for the download.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@MonsieurX said:

Thought about it... Decided to sell Mario Bros for 40$ and opt for the download.

Not a bad idea

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

I will be getting the legend of zelda windwaker hd. I'm not that interested in buying the other games. I also own new super mario bros u already so I won't be getting that game either.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I already own NSMB and Wind Waker so I'll be getting Pikmin 3. I've always wanted to buy it but the reportedly short length turned me off. Can't pass up free though.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Wii Party U unfortunately...I have the other 3 already.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Hard decision between Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3.
Wind Waker is one of my favourite games of alle time, although I have owned the GameCube version and completed that numerous times I'm gonna go with Pikmin 3.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I already own Pikmin 3 and Mario Bros. If I didn't, I'd get those.

I don't own Zelda - I didn't want to pay full price for a remake, even though it is a remake of one of my favorite games.

My stubbornness paid off. Now I'm getting that for free :D

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Never really cared about getting NSMBU so that'll be my free game. I already own the other three.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Only one I don't have is Wii Party U, but I kinda don't want it at all. I might actually sell NSMBU and just download it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Probably Pikmin 3 as it is more expensive, and for some reason I want Windwaker in physical form. Pikmin as well, but if its free...

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

Party U because, like most people who choose it, I already have the other games. It's a bit of a let down. I'd rather get a Virtual Console game.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@MonsieurX said:

Not a bad idea

I mean, the way I looked at it, I could sell Mario U for 40 and redownload it and get MK8 for 20$. Wii Party isn't worth 40$ to me, but that's just one man's opinion.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Yeah, I'll take 39.99 eShop credit all day, if that was an option.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I'm so torn... I've beaten WW on GameCube so I don't know if I feel the need to go through it again even though I loved it. NSMBU looks pretty same-old stuff but I never played it. I never heard anything absolutely amazing about it either. I have ZERO interest in the other games...

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Wii Party U because I already own the other 3.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Well, I already have New Super Mario/Luigi U, came with the console. Also picked up Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD on disc when I got my Wii U. That leaves me with only Wii U Party to get... but I'm not getting that. I guess I could redeem it for one of the games to have on my HDD for quick access. For that, I guess Pikmin 3 is the better candidate. I mean, I guess I could try to sell it but I don't wanna run the risk of dealing with getting screwed over.

Sucks, I'd gladly give up my download code for something of lesser value, like Metroid Fusion on the Wii U and 3DS eShop.

Fore those scratching their heads as to what to get, my vote would be on Pikmin 3 if you haven't played it already. I found that to be the most satisfying of the options.

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Serbine
Member since 2005 • 10934 Posts

@lamprey263: Wii Party U can be pretty fun with friends/family, though downside for me is I wish it had more than five game boards 'doesn't really feel like enough'.

As for the Topic, I brought the Wii U Wind Waker bundle so I got WW already, pick up Wii Party U about two weeks back got it new with a Wii Remote Plus 'which is a plus for me', so that leave NSMBU and Pikmin 3 not too interested in NSMBU 'my nephews got the Wii version, which they let me borrow haven't got too far in it lol' so gonna go with Pikmin 3 'save me 60 bucks, and I do wanna play it as well' enough though I haven't played Pikmin 1&2 before.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lamprey263

@Serbine said:

@lamprey263: Wii Party U can be pretty fun with friends/family, though downside for me is I wish it had more than five game boards 'doesn't really feel like enough'.

As for the Topic, I brought the Wii U Wind Waker bundle so I got WW already, pick up Wii Party U about two weeks back got it new with a Wii Remote Plus 'which is a plus for me', so that leave NSMBU and Pikmin 3 not too interested in NSMBU 'my nephews got the Wii version, which they let me borrow haven't got too far in it lol' so gonna go with Pikmin 3 'save me 60 bucks, and I do wanna play it as well' enough though I haven't played Pikmin 1&2 before.

I never got too far into the Wii Version of New Super Mario Bros, but I heard it was ridiculously hard at times. NSMBU is good, challenging but not too difficult (unless you're trying to collect all three coins per level). One appeal of both NSMB games is the multiplayer gameplay. Pikmin 3 is the far better game but NSMBU was a lot better than I expected it would be, but give NSMBU a try sometime, it's pretty decent.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

does anyone know if it will be a digital or hard copy?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lamprey263

I downloaded Pikmin 3, but the Club Nintendo page is still telling me to select a reward after it started downloading... must be a glitch.

Should I try seeing if I can redeem a second game? Or do you think that might come back to bite me in the butt?

EDIT: oh, didn't work, tried but it said there was an error

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lamprey263

@Sphensen said:

It's digital download only. But you can buy either the physical copy or digital copy of Mario Kart 8.

You need to set up a Club Nintendo account. Every game that comes with a code gives you club Nintendo points, and registers the game to your account; digital purchases register automatically if you have your Wii U system tied to your Club Nintendo account. Once you've registered Mario Kart 8 then it will ask you which game you want to redeem. You then confirm like 2 or 3 times that yes that's the game you want, and it gives you a redeem code you use in the eShop to download the titles.

So yeah, make sure you have a Club Nintendo account set up, and make sure your Wii U and other Nintendo devices are registered to it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I've been playing Pikmin 3 for almost three years now but don't have my own copy so I'll grab that

I have the other two and Wii Party is a joke game right?

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@Sphensen said:

It's digital download only. But you can buy either the physical copy or digital copy of Mario Kart 8.

You need to set up a Club Nintendo account. Every game that comes with a code gives you club Nintendo points, and registers the game to your account; digital purchases register automatically if you have your Wii U system tied to your Club Nintendo account. Once you've registered Mario Kart 8 then it will ask you which game you want to redeem. You then confirm like 2 or 3 times that yes that's the game you want, and it gives you a redeem code you use in the eShop to download the titles.

So yeah, make sure you have a Club Nintendo account set up, and make sure your Wii U and other Nintendo devices are registered to it.

Bummer. That means I'll have to get an external hard drive soon. Hopefully I can remember my Club Nintendo info. last time I redeemed something was in the GC days when they did the Zelda collection disk

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

The UK has 10 games to choose from.

I already have Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD & Monster Hunter 3 Ulitmate.

I don't want Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games 2014, or Wii Party U.

So all that's left is Game & Wario, Sonic Lost World & Wonderful 101, but I can't decided which of the three I'd want.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lamprey263

@Sphensen said:

Bummer. That means I'll have to get an external hard drive soon.

you can get a 32gb SDHC card, that should be cheaper I think

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I ended up going with Sonic Lost World. It was a tough choice between it and Wonderful 101, but Sonic won because of nostalgia for the series (Sonic 1 was the first game I ever played), and it's just released some free Zelda inspired DLC so that should be fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

The only choice I can do is the Wii-U party one since I already own the other 3. Wish they had some third party options as I already have pretty much of all of their first party games. But I'll take it, why not. Free is free

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The-Butcher248

So i pre-ordered this game with Best Buy..... and they haven't even shipped it out yet. I've never pre-ordered a game before, but i kinda thought it would at least be shipped by the day of release. What's the point of pre-ordering? The order has shown "ready for ups" for the past 48 hours : /

I still haven't figured out what my plan for the code is. Looks like i may DL Party U or Zelda, and sell the physical copy.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i cant even log into club nintendo...says the site is down for maintanence.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

picked up Windwaker HD.. havent played it since GC days

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

Well I have all of them except Party U so I went with that. The site is getting slammed and Im not sure if anything I do is actually going through.........not surprised!

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Funny how Party U is winning. Suckers who invested in all of Nintendo's good first party games immediately :P

@Jaysonguy Wii Party U is pretty much a joke game. My friend has it. It's not terrible, but I'd only recommend it if you play local multiplayer with 4 people often and the game was discounted. I think my friend needed a Wiimote and Party U is bundled with it similarly to Wii Play, so that's another circumstance.

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Serbine
Member since 2005 • 10934 Posts

@lamprey263: Yeah NSMB Wii is somewhat hard, I even die a few times just on the first two worlds lol 'due to some dumb mistakes`, I'll try and give NSMBU a chance might be awhile thought as I brought 3D World last week.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Just pick The Wonderful 101, downloading now...in AU. :p

Relived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Relived
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts

I don't know which one to choose, I have not played any of them. Played the first two Pikmin didn't hate them but I never got around to finishing them. I have not played Wind Waker or NSMBU. I have played NSMB Wii, I never got around to finishing that one either. The logical choice seems like Pikmin or since it is more expensive. Does anyone have a suggestion?

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The-Butcher248

@Relived said:

I don't know which one to choose, I have not played any of them. Played the first two Pikmin didn't hate them but I never got around to finishing them. I have not played Wind Waker or NSMBU. I have played NSMB Wii, I never got around to finishing that one either. The logical choice seems like Pikmin or since it is more expensive. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I'd say, it would depend if you like the Wii Versions of Mario vs Pikmin. Both games follow pretty much the same format. Me Personally i really liked the Mario game. It' s a game you can play 10 minutes, or 3-4 hours, 4-5 players, and will stand the test of time. Pikmin is good puzzle/exploration game. You really can't go wrong with Mario/Zelda or Pikmin.

Enjoy!

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Just got the Wii U Mario Kart 8 Bundle so Zelda was the obvious choice for me. Played it in my teens, good game. I am enjoying replaying it so far.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Have everything but Wii U party, too bad New Super Luigi wasn't offered, I didn't get that.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19550 Posts

I picked up Windwaker, since I never got around to buying it earlier (even on the Gamecube!). Sonic The Lost World was a close second bet for me.

For those in PAL regions, I can highly recommend The Wonderful 101 or Monster Hunter 3 as your free game!

Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

I picked Wonderful 101 (Europe).

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Sounds like North America's selection was a bit lacking in comparison. I went with Wind Waker. The rest are games I'd rather/already have hard copies of, whereas I can easily almost view Wind Waker as a Virtual Console game of sorts, so it makes sense as a digital game. Maybe I'll finally beat it.

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#43 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

I went with pikmin, had most of the rest.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34468 Posts

From the ones that looked interesting and I don't already have, I chose Wind Waker over Wonderful 101. Partly because I want to play it again, and mostly because my girlfriend haven't played it yet. Weird that I have to wait till September to recieve my download code (I live in Sweden), but... free games rule!!

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I think we broke the Nintendo club website on Saturday. It took me several hours to get my pikman code. I'm very happy about this deal and after playing both games I might actually like pikman better than MK. Wish pikman had online.